Emperor's Spears covered by A D B

Kelborn

Don't forget that when Corax exiled the Terran/ bloodthirsty legionnaires into the predation fleets, I'd say a substantial numbers of fleet vessels went with them.

At the Battle of Yarant the RG only had 3 capital class vessels ( 3 BBs) and possibly between 5-10 strike cruisers and more numerous lighter vessels so not exactly a lot left for second founding chapters.

@A D-B: This wish-list is mostly made of thoughts and ideas created by a good conversation with you. And that's one of the things I like about this community: the possibility to exchange with an author, who is "just" a brother among many and no VIP. Correct me if I'm wrong but I know only of Gav & Nick speaking with the readers through their respective twitter accounts and of you & RobMac via this board.

A common base to discuss some thoughts on an even base is something I appreciate. How awesome would it be if Guy, Chris or some other authors would join us? Though I can understand why they choose not to do so.

Back to topic:

I'm convinced that this was answered before but are the Spears aware of their origin or will this be covered in the Spear of the Emperor?

What is the in-universe likelihood that a successor chapter at the time of their inception would have a ship of some sort from a Founding chapter? I know there have been dozens of subsequent foundings but I'm trying to guess the likelihood of being able to deduce a chapter's origin from the name of a ship or something like that. 

Great point. I'd say... unlikely but definitely not implausible, and certainly not impossible? I'm way more interested in the 25+ Foundings between the famous two - the Second and the Ultima - where all the real meat of the setting is, and you're probably right that it's much less common after the Second Founding. I suspect it'd happen once in a while, though.

The way I figure it, ships have to come from somewhere. So, too, the officer cadre of a newly founded chapter, in many if not most circumstances. Por que no los padres?

A Fifth Founding Ultramarines successor might be equipped with all-new ships out of the Martian forges, but I could easily imagine that the newly-appointed Chapter Master might request a certain ship he served on while part of the Ultramarines fleet as his flagship.

I like to think that after all those millennia, a lot of the Imperium's ships have been repaired/retrofitted/recovered so many times, that their original names have been lost to time. Bar the really famous or unique ships of course.

I also like to think that somewhere in the Imperium, teams of archeologists and bureaucrats spend lifetimes exploring all of the dark corridors and forgotten areas of these cities in space, trying to find some evidence as to the ships original name. But I do love all of the "future weird" aspects of the Imperium, so that's probably just me! :biggrin.:

Boss. I agree. Hence my homebrew black templar crusade background being built around a relic warship that predates the GC. (Was partly being used as justification for counts as legion of the damned but that never got off the ground yet sadly).

So emperor's spears. Any ideas yet on their interactions with more established chapters (canonicaly)? Served in x crusade, liberation of blah alongside obscure yet known chapter this, clashed with well known chapter b while at major campaign we've all heard of... Etc etc.

How about you all just wait and see? Buy the book to support ADB in his craft rather than fishing for spoilers.

What is wrong with you all! lol

ADB wouldn´t post here if he don´t want to talk about his book with us.

We are not "fishing for spoilers". We hope for first hand exclusive information about the setting and the factions, not information about the plot twists and the ending of the book..... 

So emperor's spears. Any ideas yet on their interactions with more established chapters (canonicaly)? Served in x crusade, liberation of blah alongside obscure yet known chapter this, clashed with well known chapter b while at major campaign we've all heard of... Etc etc.

None whatsoever, which is honestly a huge part of why I chose them.

I wrote the book's blurb the other week. That has a potentially surprising amount of info about them in it, so hopefully it'll be posted soon. 

None whatsoever, which is honestly a huge part of why I chose them.

I wrote the book's blurb the other week. That has a potentially surprising amount of info about them in it, so hopefully it'll be posted soon. 

Partly cause writing about unknown chapter is easier than about the the known one with cemented lore, right?

'so hopefully it'll be posted soon.' - can't wait :yes:

20257944_1540629279332291_54279599286472

Consider me excited.

edit: popped up on Facebook, posted by ADB

Charmed :) That Incarius from the Mentor Legion is sent to assess the Spears readiness reminds me of one particular case with the 'Celestial Lions' :yes: 

I feel we will have a splendid story here

I really love that blurb!

I love the theme of three chapters having sworn to protect a certain region. I love it that you used the Star Scorpions AND the Celestial Lions. And I love the fact that we will see a member of the Mentor Legion as well!

So many good books are coming: Black Legion, The Emperor's Spears, The Last Hunt...count me excited!

Awesome! See that's what I was talking about. Formerly Shared responsibility with celestial lions (cool tie in) and star scorpions (are the SS previously mentioned?) Now they must shoulder the entire burden. Sounds like a good setup.

I really love that blurb!

I love the theme of three chapters having sworn to protect a certain region. I love it that you used the Star Scorpions AND the Celestial Lions. And I love the fact that we will see a member of the Mentor Legion as well!

So many good books are coming: Black Legion, The Emperor's Spears, The Last Hunt...count me excited!

Same.

Reading list already contain 9 BL books till the years end - and that's truly big for me :yes:

Loved the blurb when it jumped up on FB. Hell, ADB had me already with this book. Then he linked it to the Star Scorpions and the Celestial Lions. Then he added a Mentors character. My head just exploded with joy...

Just one tiny request; can you sneak in a description of the Star Scorpions Chapter icon somewhere so we can finally do an accurate build of them?

Star Scorpions are old fluff of "chapter wot fell to genetic corruption." I think the Crimson Fists killed them? Or maybe that was the Sons of Gideon. Other than that, they have no background. Also hype levels dangerously high. Romano-Celtic Astartes staring into the abyss as the Long Night beckons? Inject it straight through my eyeballs, please.

Awesome! See that's what I was talking about. Formerly Shared responsibility with celestial lions (cool tie in) and star scorpions (are the SS previously mentioned?) Now they must shoulder the entire burden. Sounds like a good setup.

They were of the 25th Founding who suffered severe mutation of their geneseed before being lost in the Warp. The Mentors were granted their colours and number when they were formed.

Edit: ninja' d

Edited by Felix Antipodes

They were of the 25th Founding who suffered severe mutation of their geneseed before being lost in the Warp. The Mentors were granted their colours and number when they were formed.

Edit: ninja' d

The plot thickens...

It seems it would be a really curious novel to read from the perspective of the interchapter communication and views on the Galaxy, Imperium and war :yes:

Sounding very interesting indeed. Awesome way to grant exposure, of one sort or another, to a lot of minor Chapters at once, too. The "barbarian" description also has my curiosity peaked, too - I hadn't previously realised you were going that far in that direction, A D-B :)

This is literally impossible, but if I died without trying I would be doing myself a disservice... A D-B, please: I will pay you very real cash money to make my Chapter a canon reality. What do we need to do to make this happen??