Emperor's Spears covered by A D B

Kelborn

I kinda want the LE already just for the design. It looks awesome!

But nah, between Blackstone fortress, Wrath&Rapture, Speed Freekz and general christmas I just don't have the spare money. Not to mention that I don't have the time for actual reading hence why I switched to audiobooks a while ago ... I really hope this'll get released as audiobook soon as well tho!

Same here.

I'd love to get one but with christmas ahead and a huge bunch of books on my to-read-list, I can't afford it right now. :/

But I'll get a regular one, for sure!

Still on the fence about this gorgeous Limited Edition, because of a laughably childish reason: I know, with those transfers in hand and ADB's writing, I'd want to start an Emperor's Spears force, and those would not be enough transfers to get me through. :P

I just saw the Euro price, in comparison to the pricing in the UK, and that basically determined that I will be waiting it out until the regular release, I'm afraid. Jumping from 85 pounds to 120€ makes it prohibitively expensive in my eyes. Damn, it's a lovely high-quality edition, but I can't justify dropping more on it than I'd have to for Blackstone Fortress or similar... especially not with a 150€ figurine releasing next week, which I had preordered over half a year ago.

Damn it, missing out sucks.

The regular hardback is supposedly coming around 6 months down the line, right?

I have been looking foward to this for a while, was thinking about getting the limited edition if it was in the $70-80 range but $140 is really crazy.  Will get both the hardcover and eBook when released but cannot justify that price.

No comment on the quality of the story of course! I loved the Celestial Lions by ADB, no doubt that this will be a great addition.

Edited by caladancid

Well a day after I asked when the book was due, it came up on pre order. Feeling lucky today.

Sure, the price made me stop for a moment, but black library have two authors I would gladly spend that type of money on. Abnett and A D-B. Will take a day of when this book arrives, and who knows perhaps 2019 will be the year I get back to the tabletop again after a year of. Perhaps this book will make me consider painting up some Spears.

Most say that what I'm most looking forward to is, after looking up some info on the book. Is the more human perspective on space marines and life among them. Septimus and Octavia is two of my favourite characters among, and part of the reason the night lords trilogy was so good. Let's see if this narrator bring back that feeling.

Edited by Robster The Lobster

Took the plunge and ordered it as a Christmas/birthday present (January birthday so I can at least pretend to justify it). The first BL limited edition I’ve purchased. Normally I stick to ebooks, but this is both beautiful and something I’m extremely eager to read.

Only just found out about this. >.<  Very frustrated as ADB is my favorite 40k author and I would have purchased this asap had I been paying any attention. All 1500 copies are sold out. Here is hoping I can find someone willing to sell their copy on ebay. Hope it doesn't go above $300. 

Anyway, really looking forward to the read if I get the LE or not.