Emperor's Spears covered by A D B

Kelborn

Mine arrived Saturday had a look at it (448/1500 over here) and damn is it nice, (ADB if you do anymore LE I think the B&C will be funding your kid's Uni fees) and I really want to start reading it but must finish Praetorian of Dorn first. But I did have a look at the Index and that was pretty awesome, but I am a sucker for them they were always my favourite parts of the IA and HH books.

Still waiting on mine.... Anyone else in the United States order it? Have you gotten any other notifications regarding it? I've only gotten the "order placed & payment processed" and "order is fully shipped", but haven't gotten any notifications about it being sent to a shipping company yet.

I'm still waiting on mine, too. Even when it arrives, I won't get to lay hands on it for a few weeks as my wife will dutifully wrap it and put it under the Festivus pole.

It appears that my previous statement about pre-orders sometimes arriving before the actual availability date was deep in wishful thinking territory. :facepalm:

Still waiting on mine.... Anyone else in the United States order it? Have you gotten any other notifications regarding it? I've only gotten the "order placed & payment processed" and "order is fully shipped", but haven't gotten any notifications about it being sent to a shipping company yet.

I'm still waiting on mine, too. Even when it arrives, I won't get to lay hands on it for a few weeks as my wife will dutifully wrap it and put it under the Festivus pole.

It appears that my previous statement about pre-orders sometimes arriving before the actual availability date was deep in wishful thinking territory. :facepalm:

Well. For those in the UK maybe :lol: But still.... I dunno why I was expecting it to arrive within a week or something like that :facepalm:

Got my LE copy last night. I read through through the Index Astartes: Spears first, and I can't help but notice that ADB managed to sneak in a "perfidious eldar" Bligh-ism :teehee: I love how the whole entry was written.

I hope we see more of this Imperial historian's writing some day :happy.:

All you people in the US getting your copies.... I'm hating you all so much right now :laugh.: (I kid, I kid)

I want my Limited Edition book damn it! This wait is killing meeeeeee :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

Mine arrived yesterday but the pain will continue for awhile. The missus grabbed it and it is sitting wrapped under the tree. When I suggested it be a Chrissie present (as a means of justifying the cost) I didn't think she'd take it seriously! ;-(

Got a hold of my copy in Aus two days ago. It's incredibly good. I have the bonus story to read but god damn he nailed how it feels to be contractor support staff for military types.

Just got mine in the mail today (US) and have to say it is probably the best set BL has put out. The presentation is well done, love the extras and the box is just gorgeous. Flipped vis the small background book and have to say the MKX armour layers in plastic is just sweet. This will be a read on a vacation week or something.

Funny enough when the package arrived the delivery box was a mess and looked like it went via a rainstorm, most of the inside was wet and a Novella I ordered was ruined. Luckily this beauty was fine as it was individually boxed.

I haven't received any updates from Black Library aside letting me know the order was 'despatched', and that was on November 27th.

I'm honestly contemplating calling them on Monday about this. I'm getting worried....

Though, the big issue for me is I don't know when I could call due to the time-zone differences :lol:

I emailed BL so we'll see. It was Spear of Ultramar so it may be foreshadowing of the book since I have been disappointed by the author but hey...5 dollars!

Also did the LE sell out this fast!?! I saw that it is no longer available at least viewing from the US. If that is the case wow, I thought the price would be tough for some people to swallow. I sat on the fence but glad I got mine.

I haven't received any updates from Black Library aside letting me know the order was 'despatched', and that was on November 27th.

I'm honestly contemplating calling them on Monday about this. I'm getting worried....

Yeah I'd call. The black Friday sales at end of November resulted in huge surge in packages and the delivery firms seems to have struggled. I've had lots of my Xmas shopping delayed or lost in last two weeks.

So, when a delivery is partly ruined like that...who takes responsibility?

It’s the courier that has screwed up in their commitment to the retailer that you have purchased from, thereby making the retailer fail in their commitment to you. You have paid the retailer for a set of goods, to arrive in the described condition (ie new), within a designated timeframe. Contact the retailer.

In the case described Black Library still needs to deliver the ordered goods, as damaged books isn’t what was paid for. I assume BL will be responsive and helpful when contacted.

Though, the big issue for me is I don't know when I could call due to the time-zone differences :laugh.:

Definitely email them; I ordered my copy on Dec 2nd and it's set to arrive tomorrow.

I emailed BL so we'll see. It was Spear of Ultramar so it may be foreshadowing of the book since I have been disappointed by the author but hey...5 dollars!

Also did the LE sell out this fast!?! I saw that it is no longer available at least viewing from the US. If that is the case wow, I thought the price would be tough for some people to swallow. I sat on the fence but glad I got mine.

I'm glad I changed my mind and decided to order it then; I saw some other limited editions laying around so thought I had time if I changed my mind. Probably will be my only LE from Black Library (unless the Spears II book has another awesome LE and I totally dig this one). I'm hoping I chose well for the inspiration to collect Space Marines again.

Though, the big issue for me is I don't know when I could call due to the time-zone differences :laugh.:

Definitely email them; I ordered my copy on Dec 2nd and it's set to arrive tomorrow.

Email'd them because my phone won't let me call them :lol

Just got mine and I’m about as close to England as the continental United States gets. Maybe I’m wrong, but I think if you order from the GW store they ship from a regional distribution center while if you order from BL it comes from England no matter what.

Edit: ordered it the 24th if that matters, not opening it until Christmas but the outer packaging was all perfectly intact. Box within a box within a box.

Edited by cheywood

Just got mine and I’m about as close to England as the continental United States gets. Maybe I’m wrong, but I think if you order from the GW store they ship from a regional distribution center while if you order from BL it comes from England no matter what.

Edit: ordered it the 24th if that matters, not opening it until Christmas but the outer packaging was all perfectly intact. Box within a box within a box.

I'm on the east coast of the United States. If you're closer than me, that means you're either in Maine or Cape Cod. And I ordered directly from Black Library, since the thing was SOLD OUT within seven minutes on the GW webstore :lol:

And I also ordered mine the day the pre-order went up (November 24th).

I'm on the east coast of the United States. If you're closer than me, that means you're either in Maine or Cape Cod. And I ordered directly from Black Library, since the thing was SOLD OUT within seven minutes on the GW webstore :lol:

Not quite Cape Cod, but close enough. I’d think you’ll get yours within the next couple of days then, vagaries of the postal service allowed.

I'm on the east coast of the United States. If you're closer than me, that means you're either in Maine or Cape Cod. And I ordered directly from Black Library, since the thing was SOLD OUT within seven minutes on the GW webstore :laugh.:

Not quite Cape Cod, but close enough. I’d think you’ll get yours within the next couple of days then, vagaries of the postal service allowed.

Thing is, I haven't gotten any notifications regarding the order aside from one from November 27th letting me know the order was despatched and fully shipped. Nothing, not a thing :lol: