After weeks of dealing with the outcome of the Gamesworkshop official FAQ for Deathwatch, I feel the answer to the community (mainly the Deathwatch player base) is to create this thread.
I have received several PM's over the past weeks from several frater with different concerns, complaints, questions, and suggestions on the matter. Many of you are upset, or angry, or confused. Some of you are just starting or considering starting Deathwatch and I certainly don't have answers (but like most of you I definitely would like some answers.)
So here's what I've come up with for this thread based on all your messages and concerns illustrated in the forum:
+++ The goal of this thread is to:+++
1. Clear up, or try to make sense of areas of the FAQ that you find confusing, or too open to interpretation.
2. Voice your concern where you feel Games Workshop could have/should have handled something differently.
3. Add a valid concern that involves an issue that you feel was not covered by the current FAQ.
+++ The FAQ in question is located here: (Please read it thoroughly before posting)+++
+++ Links to strongly debated FAQ rulings with their own specific thread (continue those conversations there) +++
1. The Dedicated Transport Ruling: +LINK TO THREAD+
2. The Beacon Angelis Ruling: +LINK TO THREAD+
More to come if necessary.
+++ What to do next +++
This thread will remain pinned as a resource for those who are coming into the army or need clarity or want to voice a concern with the FAQ.
1. If you are posting to bring up a specific FAQ item, start your post with a quote directly from the FAQ in question or else I will have to delete the post for lack of clarity (we don't want to debate something based on heresay.)
2. If you think the FAQ missed something, try to word it like an FAQ entry. State why you think it needed to be included, and try to include your (logical) resolution.
3. If you want to contest or otherwise disagree with a ruling, please do so in a logical, and respectful manner. I'll be watching the thread and any personal attacks, etc, won't be tolerated. Just play by the BnC rules and we should be fine.
+++ Making this a meaningful community effort. +++
I'm as disappointed as anyone else here. We all have invested something in the Codex/army/hobby but let's try to remember this is a hobby, and a game.
Let's be respectful with our comments towards each other AND to Games Workshop. We'll probably get a lot further if our concerns/issues are raised in a mature, logical manner.
Once you feel strongly about an issue, or you feel we have explored it to an unsatisfactory resolution than I urge you to bring this to Games Workshop's attention by voicing your concern at their Facebook page.
This is the only way I know of that we can:
1. Get GW's attention on the issues.
2. Hope for change, give feedback, or even see some changes.
Once again this is their 40K facebook page. Feel free to direct other people (including GW) to this thread.
Games Workshop 40K Facebook Page +LINK+
Thank you. Please be respectful if you comment on GW's Facebook page, and let's hope this makes a positive difference.
Please note that beyond the facebook page, GW does have an FAQ email address:
Here prot, from this page at the bottom http://www.blacklibr...and-errata.html
I didn't reference the sticky, but maybe I'll drop another to let people know (and others should too!)
Edited by Prot, 17 February 2017 - 06:20 PM.