Question about FW Legion shoulder pads

LutherMax

I'm thinking of getting some of these for my Sanguinary Guard conversions, but I'm not sure whether to go for MKII, III or IV.

The II's and III's have the riveted rim, which I like, but does this make them bigger / chunkier than the MKIV or are they about the same size?

Mk II shoulders are not much bigger than Mk IV ones. Mk III are huge and beefy, but they look really good. Only problem is they may not fit on all models. Sometimes jump packs get in the way, or the model is holding his weapon in the air and the top of the Mk III shoulder trim collides with the backpack or jump pack. Mk II shoulders are also much easier to damage when clipping off the sprue due to the location of the connection point and their thin banding. You can also get some miscasts where the banding trim is so thin it's transparent, or has holes. Mk III is just more solid all around when you can fit in on the model.

I've used all three of the NL marks and to be honest there is a difference in the size but it's hardly noticeable. I use them mixed through my 40k force and think that it's just a habit that I chose the thicker lipped ones for my Champions.

-Noctem

Archived