Cawl Base Size

Charlo

Bah! Kids these days and their Ironearth and Ironcrust! Back in the day we used sand and glue and had to make to with that! I remember when all this was factory complexes...  *wanders off mumbling with a servo skull on tow*

Joking aside, These clear bases sound interesting, it will be interesting to see how they look in the finished result. I personally enjoy basing my models so it's unlikely that I will switch over but I expect an army that has clear bases from start to finish will be amazing.

Bah! Kids these days and their Ironearth and Ironcrust! Back in the day we used sand and glue and had to make to with that! I remember when all this was factory complexes...  *wanders off mumbling with a servo skull on tow*

I know right!! flock and glue is where it was at. My bedroom floor as a kid used to be infested with the stuff :p

Have to say the ironcrust paint does save hours of time though...but im adverse to buy anymore after finding out it uses microbeads which aint good for the environment (becoming a bit of a hippy in me old age). Hopefully GW can come up with another solution (especially as UK Gov has said they are banning them this year from what i remember).

Those clear bases actually work pretty well, very interesting approach!

Wait, those paints are bad for the environment? How so? huh.png

Well, because of microbeads. Basically These tiny pieces of plastic used in personal care products are designed to go down the drain and into our lakes, rivers, and oceans — by the billions every day. They absorb toxins in the water, are eaten by marine life, and can make their way up the food chain all the way to our dinner plates. And bottled water etc, you guys get the point. Not so big problem in paints, but in daily cosmetics and hygienic products.

Thanks for the info!  It'll be a shame to see these paints go away, though knowing that's probably going to happen I hate to say it I'll probably be loading up on them as a precaution.  With that in mind, I'll definitely be careful to properly dispose of used containers from now on!  :)

I'd tend to think i'd rather micro beads on my models...which aren't going anywhere as to being used in shampoo's etc where it's simply flushing down the drain...

I actually think using it in the paints is actually an Eco friendly alternative for the beads as they'll be on your models for years...and yeah thats about it blush.png

i do like the concept of the Clear bases though, some frosted white paint or ma bit of sand blasting on the space wolf ones would be very ice world'ish happy.png

cheers Mithril

Archived