IO - Mechanicum/Dark Mechanicum General

Talonair

This is the place to discuss matters and post things pertaining to the Mechanicum and Dark Mechanicum as a whole, as well as a place to present Mechanicum units not intended to be limited to a single faction (i.e. Cognis, Abyssii) but rather for use by the Mechanicum as a whole, or specifically by loyalists or traitors

Edited by Lord Thørn

Heh. One of the Thanos Prime is going to have infiltrated onto the Glory of Summer during the Death of Innocence along with a Thanos Cohort in an attempt to kill Mortera. They are unsuccessfull, but the leader of her Myrmidon Custos bodyguard gets killed in her defense

• 1 month later...

As far as I can tell, yes excluding my Thanos assassins (Dark mech on Mars)

The assassin that kills Zeth, the Sisters of Cydonia(?), have they received rules?

So, that's four potential factions for a Mechanicum book. 

Something else to consider. In 967.M30, the Emperor demands that 25 Warlord Titans to be delivered to him, purely for his use and no attachment to the Mechanicum. This actually almost kickstarts the Mechanicum civil war as those who view the Emperor as the Omnissah immediately agree while the other side refuses. It takes a personal meeting between Hal and the Emperor to smooth things over.

This event is called the Oblation. It'd be smart to have an idea of how Mechanicum characters react to this event since this is the incident that convinces a number of unknown Mechanicum leaders/agents that Mars is going to lose its independence. 

I wonder if those include the Warlord(s?) requisitioned for the Webway project

25 Warlords demanded, around half a dozen have seen deployment before Prospero. Don't know.

Were they demanded from Mars, or from the Mechanicum in general?

Mechanicum. 8 Warlords from Mars, the rest coming from Metallica, Phaeton, Arachnus, Caradryn Magna, and Voss.

The Forge World of Zhao-Arkhad was discovered by the Thousand Sons in the latter years of M30, sometime after 857. They established an alliance since the Forge World had done some research into psy-automata. Given that the Thousand Sons aren't 'cured' by Magnus, I don't think this happens in BotL.

So, any Legion in allying with this Forge World? It comes with the Legio Xestobiax, which has less than 100 war machines making it tiny compared to other Legios.

But a Psy Focused Forgeworld? Not sure. Wardens or Bearers might be good candidates or some of the other "outsider" legions to mirror the Thousand Sons a bit.

My thinking is A. It's forge world, so Tech/Science based Legion (Iron Bears, Steel Legion, Fire Keepers,& Warriors of Peace) and B. Out of those they're by far the most Psyker heavy.

Just my thoughts; If others think otherwise that's alright.