IO - Mechanicum/Dark Mechanicum General

Talonair

My thinking is A. It's forge world, so Tech/Science based Legion (Iron Bears, Steel Legion, Fire Keepers,& Warriors of Peace) and B. Out of those they're by far the most Psyker heavy.

Just my thoughts; If others think otherwise that's alright.

*shrugs* I guess. My Wardens already have Sarum and an alliance with Abyssii, so no need for a third Forge World. That and Zhao-Arkhad flirts with tech-heresy with the psy-automata and the upgrades for the Legio. And Alex doesn't need that potential political bomb hanging around him.

Although the Iron Bears have their alliance with the Demiurg, while the Eagle Warriors have, or will have in this case, the Cognis Heretica. 

I'm talking with AO about the Cognis. Well see if he's interested in Zhao or not. Otherwise, I don't think the Iron Bears are a bad fit, and this is one of the smaller forge worlds we're talking about.

I've spoken with AO, and he is eager for the Eagle Warriors to ally with Zhao-Arkhad. We've determined that, since they are already on the edge of heresy, Zhao-Arkhad would make an excellent foundation for the future Cognis, which isn't one Forge World but a collection of about 30 of them. I figure that the Cognis will be an organized representation of the Dark Mechanicum, which helps differentiate it from its canon counterpart. So, this is not so much as an addition to the Eagle Warriors resources as clarifying and creating depth for the Cognis.

While I'm at, here are two other small Forge Worlds mentioned in Zhao-Arkhad's fluff chapter: Shenzen and Boracaros Lux. That's all the info we have on them. 

• 4 weeks later...

So, Xana is going to remain a problem during the Insurrection. ...actually, with Hal sent fleeing from Mars, Xana may become the most powerful Dark Mechanicum force, outside of the Eagle Warriors' own Cognis.

Xana sits on the edge of Seg. Pacificus, on the very edge of the galaxy. After reading the Xana incursion, I'm honestly not sure how the Loyalists could counter it. In canon, Dorn sends a lightning raid to wreck and steal the Ordinatii weapons. But one of the critical pieces for the Loyalists is the Dark Sovereign commanded by the Dark Angels. Except the Grave Stalkers have it. What did we say happened to the Amphion

Even then, Xana eventually returns to full strength after a couple of years with a dose of Chaos corruption. Which of the Loyalist Legions are based in Pacificus? Already, it looks bad because the Dune Serpents would be the best Loyalist Legion for this, but they're on the wrong side of the galaxy. 

One difference we do have between the canon and BotL is the presence of a loyalist Taghmata at Mars (given the Incursion I think happens very early in the Heresy) as well as a loyalist Mars. A joint Mechanicum-Astartes force perhaps? Substitute the Dark Sovereign for Archmagos Aliana's Armageddon's Blade? Both very advanced ships with (I assume in the case of the Dark Sovereign) expert helmsmen