advice on colour scheme please

garetheves

hey folks my Iron hands successor chapter uses a mainly silver colour scheme with a black left shoulder pad. Ive used splashes of screamer pink on HQs and on a few bits of detail and ive just finished putting together my 1st command squad and having dilemas. Not Sure what colour would be best to set them apart as vets.

was tempted to cont the screamer pink on the robes and a strip on the helmets. Other option was bone in the same areas.

One of my reasons for the silver/ red scheme is they can double up as Guardians of the Covenant if my Dark Angel force needs reinforcement. cheap I know but saves me buying everything twice. so the idea of carrying on the pink kinda fits that scheme. But bone, or even another colour could work so open to suggestions :)

It'd help if you could post some pictures of your models to get a better feel for how they look. Silver and black will work well together but that may reduce the viable options for complementary colours. A bone colour would be cool and fit nicely with the scheme but if you've already established a veteran style scheme on the Command Squad it might be best to continue that?

Maybe im confusing things. Its the Command squad im seeking help with smile.png The photos below is my basic colour scheme. Picked it for many reasons (easy to paint, can easily be "used as" Dark Angel successor to supplement that force should it be needed). Command squad not pictured as only just built and not even primed. Just a basic SM Command squad with apothecary and Plasma Guns :)

IMG 2798

IMG 2799

IMG 2800

My command squad with look like this but with Mk5 armour and im just debating what colour to paint the strip on the helmet and the robes to make them stand out as vets.

options are:

1. Screamer Pink: Like the chaplain above and the DW Knights below, to keep the "scheme" throughout.

2. Bone: Just for something a little different.

3. Something else - White? Not too sure about that on silver, more Black? Might be a bit plain with them being Vets. Green to match the eyes?

For reference this is how ive done my DW knights in the Guardians of the Covenant:

Guardians of the Covenant Knights

Ah sorry I thought you were looking for a complement for some reason. Looks more like purple to me, just lighter thanks to the pink highlights. I think the colour looks good, but I wouldn't put in in any large quantity on non-cloak/fabric/etc bits like on your commander. It'd work as a stripe down helmets I reckon, or the green :)

Archived