Hi all,

I am starting this thread to showcase my new Imperial Guard army and it's struggles on the field in these dark days for the Imperium. I've decided to go straight in the deep end and do a full 2000pts armoured and mechanised force chosen from the Cadian decurion style list.

I'm mostly a painted these days, though I do play regularly. I like to have a fluffy, but at least semi competitive list. I hope this falls into this style, at least for friendly games. The list is basically a HQ of a company command, a core of the Emperirs fist armoured formation with five Leman Russ tanks and an Emperors blade assault company with a single hellhound. The points are finished off with a Adaptus Astra telepathica division to add a little psykic support.

The back ground for the Regiment and it's home planet will follow, but the name comes from the old Saxon name of my town. It's also mentioned in the 'Knights of the Round table' legend. Points for guessing it?

The style of the army is a realistic paint job, well for a Sci-fi army. With deep green colour for the bulk of the tanks. It takes a while to do, but can be easily batch painted and this is what i did for all the tanks. I made all eleven tanks straight off the bat and it was a heavy work load.

To date i have completed the chimeras from the assault company and a Leman Russ. I have also done five test models for the forces infantry. I plan to use Anvil Industries models. I'm just not sure about their special weapons, but that will come later. First tanks!  

Thanks for all the comments. The green is a labour of love involving seven steps, but it does give a realistic finish.

Two more leman russ up later. Game on Monday.

Here are the two Lemon Russ i promised, along side the one I had already done. The two new ones are still a couple of steps away from finished, the metal highlights and the black/grey bits. Also the transfers. But they looked good after i stuck the tracks on so I took a picture. The picks are a little washed out with light i'm afraid

I have my first game with them tomorrow so i'll do a little report, post my list and have the completed Russ' for you on tuesday evening.

Well as I had my first game with this army last night and it was a good learning curve. I'm not used to having to protect tanks and made a few rookie mistakes about protecting them. But before I dive straight into the report and brass tacks here are some pictures of the finished Leman Russ' and my list. 

My list as as follows

Cadian battle group formation
Battle group command - company command squad - 4 melta, chimera with dozer blade

Emperors fist armoured company
2 vanquishers with las cannon and MM sponsons
Exicutioner
2 leman russ battle tanks
Enginseer

Assault company
Company command -4 melta, power fist 
2 vet squads - 2 melta and HF
1 vet squad -  3 plasma
Helhound

Adaptus astra telepathica division
Astropath
Primaris psyker

My opponent played a tratior legion army, black legion theme he had the following:
Daemon price of Nurgle with wings, level 2
2 squads of possessed in rhinos
Renegade knight
Maulerfiend
6 nurgle bikers
2 squads of cultists
3 terminators
helldrake with auto cannon 
5 raptors

We played Big guns mission with vanguard deployment

Turn 1 
I advanced (foolishly) on all fronts. I should of held the centre back. I took off half the hull points on knight and killed most of the bikers. 
He advanced and killed a chimera

Turn 2 
The deamon price and maulerfiend hit and tanks start to fall. I start working the flanks.

Turn 3 

Right flank gets on top of chaotic forces but centre is over run and left flank stalls 

Turn 4 

Left flank ends in a last stand which sees all three terminators dying to shotgun fire but ends with raptors and knights flamers reducing the numbers before the raptors over run them. 
My battle group command goes down and the helldrake gets around the back of the tanks and shoots them up.

Turn five sees the end of the game on a roll of a two. One more turn could of seen me push on to victory, thats the way the cookie crumbles.

The MVP was the daemon prince, with MoN he has a 2+ cover save and he got endurance and iron arm. I just could dispell iron arm and this meant he was T8 as well. Even with the ignores cover order I just couldn't do damage to him. I have learned a lesson on what to deploy against what and bubble wrapping tanks with infantry. Looking forwad to my next game in a couple of weeks. Maybe it was just playing with a non completed army and proxy infantry. I angered the dice god!

We I plan to do the vanquishers next and enginseer. Won't be long, stay tuned.

Thanks Warriorfish, the army is coming together. I'm looking forward to doing some of the infantry and not having to do any more tanks.

I've completed the final two tanks tonight, Numbers 10 and 11. It started and fun, but as always with painting multiple things in the same way, it got a little bit like a chore. 

I'm looking forward to doing the infantry now. My first batch turned up today from Anvil industries. They take me to twenty of them. I've also got the astropath and primaris psyker too. Assembly started this evening. Pics tomorrow. I also have another game on Monday so hopefully better luck this time. 

I know that feeling all too well. I was painting 13 assorted tanks in one go, all with a temperamental came pattern... Apparently it was like watching a production line. They're looking fantastic though. Very good work.

Thank you for the support guys. I just checked the dates from starting and i've been painting at quite a speed. Scary! 

I've had a couple of evenings hobby time this weekend as my wife and oldest daughter are away. Using this time as best I could around my youngest sleeping ive managed to paint the Astropath and assemble 8 of the 15 infantry i bought. Stupidly I didn't order enough arms to assemble the other 7. I also need the special weapons for them. I started by trying the special weapons from the BaC box. The plasma's look okay so have stuck with them but the meltas are massive. I either going to get the Kromlech or Mad Robot Miniatures ones. I also need a heavy flamer option. Any ideas?

I have a game tomorrow and will stick with the same list. I'll get that up mid week and a progress painting update end of week

Here is a army shot as well.

• 10 months later...

Its been a while since I've updated this post, since pre 8th actually. 

I've been busy on the force none the less, needed to convert the force to 8th optimisation.

He is what i've been working on, a Hydra/Wvyern, depending on what is needed. A cheap part of a brigade formation.

cSnYSJu.jpg?1

csUPlGy.jpg?2

EfyDL9n.jpg?1

p9Is3XX.jpg?2

Archived