May I present my commissar lord, ready for action. To keep those Bullgyrns under a firm eye.

pJZpre2.jpg

176Hqjq.jpg

ULQpjvg.jpg

Half the last infantry sqaud is done and two of the three base colours are on the rest. They'll be done for the weekend.

I'm also expecting two sets of Zinge industies half track conversion for my two remaining taurox after some soul searching on the look of them and negative comments on original track units. 

Thanks, i'm not 100% happy with flesh areas but i'm going to move in. Its an army, not a single model afterall. Also i don't think i'm going to use him much ATM anyway

I've assembled another two taurox for my second platoon, making three. I've used the Zinge industries half track bits to get rid of the horrible track units they came with. I will be going back and changing the first one as well later. I think they look much better, and it was money well spent, as they aren't cheap.

HMLLWYO.jpg

R3mmyFf.jpg

They won't take long to paint, so stay tuned.

More updates

Third infantry squad done

ZVHHdvq.jpg

IwXhfn2.jpg

The three squads of the platoon together

YmkjZJs.jpg

Also the command squad for first platoon done

Last guy (red shirt)

IwQ3x1P.jpg

The whole squad and captain

oibjXmo.jpg

FY4MSiL.jpg

Captain Merrow - First platoon

YGw9wlq.jpg

All together

4TVBFWB.jpg

2 vet squads with two melta and HF and the command squad

• 1 month later...

After a bit of a break on my Astolat guard army, to paint up my Revilers space marine army for a local tournament (see them over on the ravenguard board), i have finished off my last two pledges. A pair of Taurox with Zinge industries half track kits. 

Here they are 

TQ35B7e.jpg

p5PRTds.jpg

SXcoPMk.jpg

35HuGZ0.jpg

And with the first one I did, enough for all three squads of the platoon

FmxiJnd.jpg

I also have converted on of my vanquishers (which to be frank are a poor choice) to a punisher with heavy bolters for extreme dakka!

z8nhohh.jpg

Chopped off the cannon and the las cannon and the barrels of the multi melta and stuck on the right bits. 

The 352nd are marching to war at a local small tournament! 

My local gaming store are holding another 12 person tournament on May 6th and Im going to take my IG army this time. The last one, on the 10th March, I took my Reviler marines. Came 6th for overall but won the painting competition. This time I want both! SO i'm jumping on the internet tornament meta and doing a triple detachment force, a Custodes commander detachment, an Imperial vanguard and a guard battalion. I've also been toying with a marine battalion instead of the IG battalion. However on this board I will keep to the guard option. I am also, to an extent, trying to limit my need to paint a load more stuff.

army is 1750pts max and we are playing 3 missions from the chapter approved book, race to victory, kill confirmed and scorched earth

Here goes

Custodes supreme command detachment 480

3 shield captain on dawn eagle jet bikes with hurricane bolters

Imperial soup vanguard detachment 458

Primaris psyker

Culexus Assassin

AM priest

10 Crusaders

Valkryie

IG battalion detachment (Tallarn doctrine) 811

Co commander - warlord (grand strategist)

Co Commander - Kurovs aquila

2 infantry squads - plasma guns and plasma pistol

Infantry squad - plamsa gun and bolter

HWT - 3 mortars

2 sentinels with auto cannons

2 Leman Russ with battle cannon and heavy bolter

Leman russ punisher with 3 heavy bolters

Total 1749

The three shield captains are very en vouge at the moment and provide some serious combat potential and mobility to the list. 

The culexus gives me a little anti psyker, which I felt i needed after the last time with a lot enemy psykers

The rest of the imperial vanguard are chosen because they are elite, thus needed for the detachment, but also non of them have the regiment key word so don't lose out to the combined detachment.

There was not dedicated anti air last time so I plan on using the Valkyrie and the priest and crusaders for a glorious first turn grav chute tar pit assault. 

Lastly the guard battalion is there for the command points and board presence. The infantry are fairly mobile and the tanks provide some serious fire power. Sentinels to push out and secure ground to protect against deep striking. 

What I would like is some input on the list and any tweaks you'd suggest. The first on my mind is whether 10 crusaders are better or worse than 3 bullgryns with mauls. Ideally the crusaders have the priest and primaris casting +1sv for that sweet 2++ to tarpit units. Also they have 30 -3sv attacks, though at S3. 

Starting my painting prep early for the tournament this time around and getting the new squads painted. I have ordered all the remaining infantry miniatures for the army from Anvil Industries over the weekend so have plenty to do and need to clear the painting desk. 

Not sure if these could of been pledged. There is a before picture in the thread and I finished them tonight. I'll leave that to the mods.

First up is half of the 10 man crusader squad I want to try out. 

s24BEqd.jpg

EpL80mY.jpg

CJWRYt4.jpg

Hope you like them. Next up will be a 5 man Kasrkin squad, they are started and in a new colour scheme that matches the Astolat 352nd scheme

Thanks. The seals were a very last minutes addition, but really work to make them look more 40k and ministorum. I went with red as the fluff describes them as the crimson guard. I’m going to get the confessor kryinov model to make a primaris psyker. He’ll be the psychic cardinal they are bodyguard to. Also the synergy with the psyhic shield power for that lovely 2++.

WP - can I still pledge them? Before shots are in this thread?

I tried out my tournament list last night against a black legion army in one of the missions we will be playing, rush to victory, from chapter approved. This was my first time using the three custodes shield captains, culexus and crusaders in Valkyrie.

I tables my opponent in turn five, but I was behind in victory points at that point. Sorry I didn’t get any pictures.

My thoughts on the list are:

Valkyrie is expensive for what it does. 142 Pts for a rubbish shooting platform. However it does allow a first turn charge with the crusaders which is super useful. Delivered with the priest and primaris psyker they held up and, eventually killed one flank of the chaos army. They get out 9” away, move 6” then can charge. Set up to surround a rhino with 8 berserkers, an exulted champion and a dark apostle (warlord) in. Once surrounded they couldn’t disembark and would of died with the vehicle. However I only rolled two for the charge and only just got in. I ended up charging with primaris and priest as well who got further. However didn’t managed to surround the rhino. I did a couple of wounds to rhino but the passengers got out next turn and berserkers charged and chopped up the primaris psyker, but only killed on crusader due to the 2++. I then interrupted with crusades and killed 6 of the 8 before they could strike again.

I changed in a shield captain to deal with the exulted champion but the crusaders finished off the berserkers, rhino and dark apostle in a couple of turns and three and the priest walked away.

The Valkyrie however got shot down and did nothing more. However it did suck up the fire from a las cannon predator for two turns till the shield captain engaged it after the exulted.

Culexus- didn’t do much. The only psyker on the table was a daemon prince so at the upper end of psyker range. His weapons are average at best, especially if you only roll one for the number of shots for three turns! He did however pop up when i wanted and took an objective and is very hard to shoot, needing 6’s to hit and a 4++.

The shield captains are really good, but not unbeatable. I lost two, both in combat, one to a maulerfiend (he was fighting two of them due to blasted warptime)and one to the daemon prince. Flat three damage weapons are the main threat. I am planing of using a command point to get the 3++ jetbike for one and using him as a counter attack unit for my main line. To scrape threats off the tanks and guard line. Then use the other two in tandem to aggressively attack the enemy line. I feel they will work better like that. They hit with all their attacks due to the 2+ re rolling 1’s, but don’t always wound even with re rolls on charge. S6 is good but it’s 3’s most of the time. Maybe my rolling was bad.

The pair of standard leman russ tanks are great. They kick out so much firepower. I love them. The punisher is good to. But takes lots of time to roll nearly 50 dice, especially with the vengeance for Cadia stratagem allowing the role to grand wound. Not that it’s a bad tactic though.

Trying it again next week against a blood angle force, very much a combat army.

• 4 months later...
Painted my first addition to this army along with my last batch of Deathwatch. He's a 3rd Ed Priest from the first Sisters of Battle release in the Nineties. I've had him for since then. Previously his last role was as a DOW duellist with two flint lock pistols. He's had them removed and a metal commissars chainsword and the plastic Cadian las pistol.

iaXG0QA.jpg

MWHF0Po.jpg

Once the last 6 Deathwatch are done i'm back on this army, i've got a Primaris Psyker and Master of Ordinance next up then 5 Kasrkin Stormtroopers to do

Archived