Pearson73: Thank you!
hushrong: Cheers! It's been a labour of love so far and I've learned alot.

Just a quick update, the two Contemptors are close to finish. All three need to be based properly as well soon enough.
Here they are prior to weathering and decals.

XUZ6bC8.jpg

And after. It's quite interesting how fast the whole atmosphere of the model changes when all you do is dab on a bit of dirt, give it some highlights and make some runny streams of grime here and there. I highly recommend doing decal work as it's both a fun way of adding whatever details on your models, as well as bring them a greater sense of life and realism.

XCc2qvd.jpg

The shooty bit.

LMO6id8.jpg

Here's a golden oldie from when the second Contemptor was just shaping up. The head is from a Epic Warlord head if I recall that I got from a bits swap many years back.

hMLJai1.jpg

That's it for now, I'll take proper pics of the lads once they're fully done.
Thanks for looking, C&C most appreciated.
Cheers!

Armless though they may be, those Contemptors are lovely! The weathering on them is just so finger-lickin' good! Also, that Titan head on the middle one is an inspired touch. And I've been meaning to ask: What is that bit you keep using as alternate knee armour?

Anyway, fantastic work, as usual! :smile.:

Edited by KrautScientist

DuskRaider: Thank you. :smile.:
hushrong: Cheers!
KrautScientist: ...Armless? Who are you calling armless, brother?
AAn5nkv.jpg

Thanks. :biggrin.: The arms are fully magnetised on all of them to make swapping loadouts easier. The bit I used for the knees is from a third party Deffinately-not-Mortarion model that I got a few of in the same bits swap as the Titan head.

Thanks for looking!

That's a lot of melting!

I didn't even realize the third party bit, which looks perfect for DG, and the doubled tartaros shoulder pads for the knees. Taking down notes now for the next contemptor I get my hands on. Thanks for that, its definitely a sweet touch!

And all of your models are brilliantly built, converted, painted, and weathered but I do not think I've truly appreciated that till seeing your latest pic. Reading Pearson's comment I looked back at your latest post and have really taken in the effects you've put in place. The grime and weathering is superb but the chipped paint on raised edges and some flat surfaces really show off a well used engine of war. It's stellar!

• 4 weeks later...

Pearson73: Thanks!
hushrong: Thanks, I really recommend the chipped edges especially, gives definition and grit to a model.
Othniel's Blade: Cheers!

This is a tinkering update, so don't hold your breath. I've been busy with work but that only means I'm trying to conjure new things in my mind to keep my hands busy when I get the time again. Anyway here's some stuff and ideas.

People have been asking, and I've lately figured out a smarter way to make the torsos and legs work, though greenstuff work is still needed. Here it be. The torso is given a spacer in the waist, while I spare the belt to be glued back on later, then I fill what's to be filled with green stuff. I hope this is useful.

IIpdnJR.jpg

Not much on the modelling front. I've been planning on finishing a command squad in both power armour and terminator armour, so I put my thinking cap on to find suitable terminator legs. The easy to build 40k Death Guard terminators should do the trick as they are just huge.

UUeCrGi.jpg

I want the power armoured lads to wield plasma pistols, and didn't have enough of this specific aesthetic so I made a quick mould, turned out pretty crisp I think. The container is a tooth brush case filled with Oyumaru gel or blue stuff as it's called nowadays. I got the glitter variety. :wink:

UpBF5fh.jpg

Going forward, I made some more missile launcher marines for the team to bring it to a nice solid 10.

DIMDKXd.jpg

I've also worked on some crewmen for the Rapiers and managed to get them basecoated as well.

D4zV1T5.jpg

Really fond of this guy and his wrist apparatus.

Jn3Z6jz.jpg

Finally we have my two old Rhino transports. The M113 kit I used as a base came with vinyl tracks that do not hold paint very well, so I scoured the net for suitable tracks and found a set of plastic track links I could set separately. Now they're all nice and solid.

6FBcOeT.jpg

That's it for now, thanks for looking.

Edited by Markus_

hushrong: It's been loads of fun so far, try it out. :smile.:

Kordhal: Thanks!

Ugolino: 1mm as I said. :smile.:

Long time no post, but finally I got to rattle the can again and bring some stuff closer to finish and today I have some treats. But first some shots from our last game.

Tizca's walls were tried, but they stayed strong. A match of SW&DG vs. TS, Mechanicum & Solar Auxilia ended up in a victory for the three defenders.

MZKtMwO.jpg

pjGIsjY.jpg

What was left after round 5.

YJOtDlk.jpg

The game was fun nonetheless, though I must admit in a deployment like this, the slowness of the Death Guard becomes a true disatvantage even with mechanised sections. Anyway, on to modelling endeavours.

The contemptor now has a lick of primer to show the details better.

16IuKER.jpg

The death lord himself has now arrived. I wanted to do something special with the pose, so I took inspiration from John Blanche's Mortarion. He is now letting the light of the lantern shine in the world.

acD9WkK.jpg

cJTGYGh.jpg

CmJkk7T.jpg

Now what is Mortarion without his trusted retinue no more than 49 paces from their liege.

OpPCwzv.jpg

PgxW0kx.jpg

But wait, there's more! I figured since I got a bunch of bits already, what if instead of 2 I needed 5... The style of the armours seen here is closer to the Tartaros mark to distinquish them a bit from the two 'prime' bodyguards. I really liked the brutal style of this particular plague marine helmet so I wanted to incorporate it into the army somehow, et voila.

rx8e4Em.jpg

XXluPMb.jpg

s9hHVaw.jpg

HcPDtIg.jpg

Lastly a Rapier laser destroyer joins the armoury.

sXzbS2u.jpg

Can't wait to get cracking with these models.

C&C welcome as always, thanks for looking. :wink:

Mate these tartaros are incredible! Are they just the custodes terminator legs and the rest the deathsroud kit??

• 1 month later...

Duskraider: And may that fire never fade my dude!
hushrong: Cheers, post pics of your results if you find this useful.

Bolter and Chainsword lives again!

While waiting for the server maelstrom to abate I've been fiddling around with making a large scale version of one of the most iconic armour marks, the MK VI Corvus pattern. I based these on the Primaris models and was thorougly surprised how easy the whole process is. So here are a few of my proto marines while I wait for more bits. Alas, Forgeworld doesn't produce Umbra bolters anymore which would have been cool...

The lads in question will propably become a part of a loyalist Legion force I have planned. My friend Mekol was also thrilled by the prospect so he has been working on some of his own creations based on this, we'll propably see some in his logs soon.

kzY1lst.jpg
NCmE942.png

That's it for now, cheers!

Edited by Markus_

WOW! I love your truescale MKVI marines!!! I've been messing around with my old Rogue Trader marines trying to figure out how to truescale a kill team. I will be using your guide to make a few for myself.

I agree with DuskRaider about not painting your MKVI as Raven Guard. I think you should paint them as Crimson Fists.

Oh man, THANK YOU for this. I've been working on a True-Scale Deathwatch Kill Team for Inq28 using Primaris Marines (a majority of which would also work as a normal DW Primaris squad), and I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to make one in Mark VI armour for a Raven Guard. So you posting those is just what I needed.

Thank you! :thumbsup:

But could you also get pictures of the sides of the legs? I notice you did some carving/greenstuffing there, but the images make it difficult to see.

Edited by Gederas

DuskRaider: Thanks! And yeah, it's not going to be Raven Guard. :biggrin.:
Shovellovin: Thanks and I'm glad these ideas can be of use.
Gederas: No problem and thank you!

The conversion process was pretty straightforward. Simply remove all unnecessary panels on the model, add the center bit to the torso, run the cables, clean up the legs et voila. The legs are simply sculpted smooth after all the stuff is removed like so.

4AzRtR0.jpg

I managed to build a sergeant for the team, but this is all the angles you're gonna get for now. :wink.:

u13WmhL.jpg

In other news I've managed to buy a cabinet to showcase all my current armies. Will have to see if I can get some more glass planes to make more room.

2n03qxq.jpg

Lastly I wanted to mention this bargain I got from a local shop. Turns out they circulate lots of OOP goodies and second hand bits. These guys would make great abhuman helots along with the plastic Squats I've got in the cabin waiting for daylight.

mqwP4lE.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• 2 weeks later...

Xenith: Thank you!

Minor update. I did two characters to be used as civilian objectives in our games of Horus Heresy. The conversions were quick and straightforward. Both are based on the WHFB wizard kit with random bits slapped on. I'll propably use the Titan Princeps model as a third civilian.

Here's a Mechanicum person of interest needing immediate extraction.
sU9lgkW.jpg

And here's a vitally important astropath.
l9PEsZJ.jpg

C&C most welcome, I hope you like them.
Thanks for looking.

Edited by Markus_

Pearson73: Thanks! It's a great kit for any robed character.

Today was gaming day. 2575 points of Death Guard vs. World Eaters. The drop assault took me by surprise, but it was an all around enjoyable game. Victory was Mekol's this time by securing my deployment zone, here's some shots.

Deployment was as such, any blue-white troops you see are coming in hot from the orbit or from drop ships in the smoke filled skies. Drop pods took my artillery apart in the first round and so not a single shell was shot.

4GchzKY.png

Some turns into the game in my deployment zone. Stare down worked, but the squad would soon be reduced to red rags by the Butchers to follow.

doleGWE.png

pRlrC8n.png

And so ended the game.
I reconsidered the Titan Princeps model because of his holstered pistol and remembered I have a metal guardsman waiting for his posting.
So here is private Fiddlesticks, perhaps a downed pilot on his way to HQ with mission critical information.

bmr0eec.png

Thanks for looking, cheers!

Edited by Markus_