• 2 weeks later...

Pearson73: Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the pose as well.
Luna707: Cheers!
Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks!
Brother Pheidias: Be my guest!
Isengrin: Thank you!

Did some painting and took some photos of the repurposed squads while I was at it.
Heavy support and Rapier crewmen are done apart from applying pigments on the bases.

biz4ILu.png

Here's a shot of the whole squad.

DPrCEPt.png

Tactical support squad.

IwYFZ2T.png

Heavy support with their new shiny helmets.

42APMPT.png

Rapier crew men.

JVRsL7z.png

Also tried my hand at making heat discoloration effects for contemptor armaments. They look so-so, I think I'll add glaze to the washes next time.

VbHHxnN.png

That's all for now, next on the paint table are the Deathshroud and an apothecary.
Thanks for looking, C&C always welcome.
Cheers!

Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks!

Managed to play another game from our new campaign against Mekol's armoured spearhead list. It was a tough fight for the Death Guard with heavy losses, but they prevailed in points resulting in a Pyrrhic victory. Crysos Morturg narrowly escapes his execution dodging missiles, volkites and all sorts of shooty bits and lives on to fight another day. MVP of the day was my freshly finished missile launcher squad with a record of 2 wrecked Land Raiders and 2 blown up Leviathans. It is so nice to see your army come together, all painted up and ready for war.

u0m1FxY.png
PzplMkx.png
27UAtJv.png
Z4gU4WK.png

On the modelling front I finally received the Vostroyan platoons and snipers in the mail and spent a whole day cleaning them up. The models now total two full squads of 20 riflemen, a heavy weapon section, special weapons numbering 13 models, 10 sergeants, command squad and a sniper squad of 5 and a medicae detachment of 3. Now to actually paint another 70+ models... :wacko.:

XBKQBl3.png

I have some reservations considering metal models in that I don't trust certain design elements to last so I pre-emptively fixed all the sniper rifle barrels as they were all warped up to begin with. Otherwise I think metal models aren't a paint to work with. They are hefty and being of an older generation of hand sculpted models they have an imbued spirit that I think more modern technically mastered models lack, though they too have their place in the hobby continuum. With this in mind I think the Vostroyan Firstborn are peak models.

NQzFNZM.png

Lastly I've got a plan to make these old Valhallans into a heavy ordnance section for the army, their winter gear complimenting the Vostroyans but having a more utilitarian look.  Here's an old pic from a time I tried selling them to no avail.

5ww9ddL.png

That's it for now. I'll probably have my hands full before I get to paint again but moving forwards is what counts.
Cheers!

Hungry Nostraman Lizard: Cheers!

The Imperial Army has got me in it's grasp at the moment. I was persuaded by some good honest folk to give the models the bases they deserve, so I've spent all my time cutting, filing, drilling and pinning them since Saturday until I ran out of bases. What I have so far is 30 riflemen, 5 snipers, 3 medicae and two sergeants and a vox operator.

v7yh0Ct.png

For the sniper team I still want to sculpt hoods for two of them to give them a bit of variety.

zMHNH8Z.png

The medicae detachment, one with a needle pistol converted from a Necromunda combi needler and a Genestealer Cults webber pistol.

opKYOF6.png

And the vox operator. Now, I did mention I don't trust certain bits to last when it comes to metal models so I did some pre-emptive reworking on the two vox packs. This was kind of a test to also see what level of detail I can produce with raw materials. :teehee: I will have to sculpt the lower portion of the loop antenna, but I'm pretty happy with them.

3mZh09r.png
N0seuUu.png

Xd7i3tE.png

That's that for now, thanks for looking. C&C most appreciated as always.
Cheers! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Pearson73: Cheers!

Okay I'm pretty much finished with the Deathshroud terminators. I'll do another batch session with the bases soon enough as I have quite alot of basing to do anyway. My photos are turning out quite overexposed so I'll have to sort that one but in the meantime here they be.

JrLQ8id.png
lgKKeDU.png
q9PthX3.png
qTo47iP.png

I also finished my third apothecary while I was at it.

WkvmBYb.png

Thanks for looking, cheers! :wink:

Edited by Markus_

Hungry Nostraman Lizard: Thanks! It's basically a bog standard Plague Surgeon model with some mk3 gubbins.
Mekol: Likewise. :smile.:
lionofjudah: I'm glad to hear it!
Bjorn Firewalker: Cheers!
Verux: Thank you!
Sherrypie: Cheers! I'd love to see some of your stuff here as well, I know you've got quite a knack for the 14th Legion. :wink:

Only a small update now, but I just had to share what I've been doing.

Prepare to be illuminated! :devil::RTBBB:
u6ac5jg.png

I dabbled with some fluorescent paint and I think it turned out allright so I was inpired to finalise my Word Bearers Terminators. White undercoat and a few coats of this and it gives off a beautiful bright colour, perfect for doing heat effects.

dEaZbTk.png
1MSH8mc.png
PgmYT6o.png
kMQ9HS5.png
ZmV20rW.png

Culverin for the Contemptors.

4oAddBE.png

Also here's a sneak peak into my painting box. I'm glad to see the end of my Death Guard project with only a few command elements left until I'm done with the infantry. Then it's on to painting the few tanks I have prepared and bringing everything to a satisfying finish.

k9h792M.png

EDIT
I forgot to mention this beautiful bargain I made. These foetid denizens of the warp will be a great addition to the Word Bearer's force or whatever daemonic I may fancy. I also have a bunch of the '94-'95 Plague Bearers, so these will bring the number to a perfect 14, or two groups of 7.

8TkmYSV.png

That's it for now, thanks for looking.
C&C welcome as always.
Cheers! :thumbsup:

Edited by Markus_

Markus_: Fret not, I'll make a thread here when I get the next thing (probably Deathshrouds) done, finish moving things and have a peaceful day to photograph everything as I finally got a proper camera instead of a potato to work with :D

Also, ooh, nice glow on those red blades. Warm and subtle, yet catches the eye.

Pearson73: Cheers!
Bjorn Firewalker: Thank you!
Sherrypie: Good to hear then. :smile.: Thanks!
Gederas: Thank you! They are pretty much your bog standard Cataphractii on now out of production Micro Art Studio legs and a mix of esoteric looking bits. They scaled up well enough without too much trouble with only a small spacer between the torso and legs and some greenstuff to hide the gap.

I don't wanna come posting empty handed, so I guess I can spill the beans on what the current plan is for the beakies from page 8 of this plog. :wink:
This is still a long way from here, so don't hold your breath just yet.

8Ct0gEP.png

Thanks for looking, cheers!

Man, those Word Bearers. They're very inspirational, beautiful models and great work. Love the decals, Word Bearers with scripture (as it should be) have me weak at the knees. 

So you're closing out the Fourteenth legion when you're done with what you said?

Edited by Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Isengrin: Yes sir. :smile.:
Hungry Nostraman Lizard: Thanks! And yes, that's how the cookie crumbles. I have plenty of options for list building for the XIV Legion, and I want to slowly move my attention into other endeavours. I'll make a comprehensive list of everything I've done with better pics once everything is set.

Alright, so an idea emerged. I've always loved the Hands of the Emperor illustration by Sam wood from the Collected Visions book, mainly because it gives a nice peek into the many sisterhoods of the Sisters of Silence all with their unique mission fitted looks. I always wanted to convert some of them, and the new Delague set offered great bits to achieve what I had in mind. Here is a sister Witchseeker with a flamer and some heat proof garb to match, pre green stuff. It was a relatively easy build so she will probably get company at some point.

vFUe3OY.png

C&C most appreciated, cheers!

Unbelievably well done brother! these models are absolutely stunning they look and feel as you would imagine the death guard to not only look but feel as well once again great job keep up the good work and pace it is a pleasure being able to look through this PLOG

cheers!

Skidman