Amazing work! I am going to do rhinos using M113 kits like you did now. I was contemplating it, but now i see it done i am certain!

Only difference is I will try to go morw for the 40k varient of rhino (yes both exiated in both eras. But y'all know what i mean)

Excellent work on the Word Bearers Contemptor, and those beakies are also looking fantastic! I think the shaved down faceplates haven't received nearly enough recognition yet -- what a great way of making those helmets look extra special and bringing them closer to that anniversary model!

infyrana: Thank you!
Pearson73: Cheers! There are some great bits in the new kits. I'm a big fan of the old Plague Marine blade. :wink:
Canadian_F_H: Cheers! It's a bit of a fiddle but the end result looks much more realistic both in size and appearance.
KrautScientist:  Thanks! I love the monovisor look of the Anniversary model, so I'm trying to get in as much of that as possible.

Okay no beakies this time round, only news from Isstvan V. I've got a few great games in with my boy Mekol taking on his Raven Guard with my Death Guard allied to the perfidious Word Beares.

ISuqLMh.png
Surrounded but not without resolve, the Raven Guard chosen are driven to desperate melee against all odds. The Esoterist was taught the meaning of true faith.

SjWmrqS.png
Here a Diabolist I've utterly forgotten to post incites his warp renewed brethren.

WxLvd7O.png
Squad IV advancing.

1quNLPr.png
Dark Furies take on the inexorable fang and claw of the Gal Vorbak.

I haven't gotten any modelling done regarding my Age of Darkness projects, but my friend recently wanted to try out Necromunda, so I thought I'd dig something out from the shelf et voilà, a Genestealer cult is now skulking about on my desk. I wanted to get through them pretty fast so I settled for a quick tabletop standard, picking the colours from Hivefleet Jörmungandr. There's no funny stuff this time, just pure acrylics.

4HHlFaS.png
XhCtsbc.png
AZXRJQN.png
6UoAbZU.png

That's all for now, thanks for looking.
Cheers! :thumbsup:

Dr_Ruminahui: Thanks! It's done as follows: Balor brown basecoat, Seraphim sepia wash, 50/50 Balor brown and Golden yellow mix.

Currently painting the new Delegati of the Death Guard. Also been prepping the beakies for basecoating and did two quick and dirty vexillas for the Word Beares.

Mz1FFrD.png
2qyCQwK.png

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Kolgrim DeathHowl: Thanks!
Hungry Nostraman Lizard: Good to see you back. I'm flattered, tell them I said hello. :biggrin.:

This was a bit unexpected, though not very eventful but I managed to finish both Consuls today and they're now waiting for a coat of varnish and some pigments and technical paints. The Praevian is still short on Voracia but I'll sort that in the future, have some pretty snazzy things in mind for them. As a side I've worked on some combiweapons for a future squad I will reveal once I've got all the bits and manage to build them.

a3OeujJ.png
LQ11DsG.png
ozYIK7n.png

A bit removed from Age of Darkness, but still very close to tabletop gaming, I've mostly spent my hobby time building woodland terrain. It's been a blast to work on something organic and natural in addition to doing something more relaxed and get things finished while just riffing around. I still need to finish the forest bases to call it all done. The Witch soundtrack was in heavy repeat while working on this project. :tongue.:

I've been especially keen on getting to try all kinds of rubbish to produce a natural feel to the ground, mixing dirt, herbs, flocks, real leaves, fake leaves, dried moss and mud effects.

mtvU5ZQ.png
7DVHMHD.png
3k3ijgP.png

GK3lzoA.png
Here's a closeup shot of the ground detritus that I have planned for the bases.

That's all for now, thanks for looking.
Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Sherrypie: I wish! :biggrin.: It's from the Forgeworld transfer sheet. Thanks.

I've been on winter vacation so I haven't had the time for minis, but I now make my return. Here's the first of what will be my Legion Terminator squad, and a sergeant no less. I've been thinking of different ways to get the look as close to Visions of Heresy as I can and I'm pretty happy with how things are turning out. Still four more to do. I plan for them to have a bit of everything with three men carrying combi-plasmas and axes while two are donning chainfists and combi-meltas.

acoQ92h.png
AepzMf9.png
AAfYNNx.png

Would love to hear if I've succeeded or not.
Cheers!

I did mention that you put a lot of work into making those conversion on the 'gram, and I stand by what I said. Holy hell though, they detail and attention on a much bigger screen really is something else. Where's the Death Guard plastic bit from? (That buckle looking thing)

• 3 weeks later...

Custom Hero: Thanks!
Hungry Nostraman Lizard: Thank you! The plastic buckle is from the 40k Mortarion.
Majkhel: Well hello! Much appreciated.
DuskRaider: Cheers!

Weird times we're in, but it takes more than that to neglect the hobby spirit. The recon squad in power armour is now complete, just wanted to wait for everything to completely dry before I took any pics so you can feast your eyes on the finished look. My plan now is to add 4 more Astartes to the squad to bring it to a solid 10, excluding the Apothecary.

I wanted to emphasize the mk6 armour not having seen too much use yet as it was a new design during the Heresy so this was an opportunity to try out more subtle techniques with the airbrush and enamel washes. There's lots of opinions going around on how enamel and acrylic paints go together, but braving the possible ruination of the models they turned out great. :biggrin.: This is my 'Magnum Opus' of painting the Death Guard armour I guess and I'm very happy with the look. Much kudos goes to Kizzdougs for setting me up on this path with his Legion painting tutorials.

Well enough of this, let's have some pics.

x8vzXNs.png
tJU6xjh.png
5jzUY7T.png
zW1Sdu2.png
ZhPGdzn.png
27WcfT8.png
LlvtIhn.png
hBpEWBn.png
EfyqnaW.png

Here's a WiP shot of the models. On the left I've finished the metals and extra gubbins, added decals and rough weathering. A kind of 'albedo map' stage, if you're into 3D modelling. On the right I've started adding enamel washes, namely Mig Streaking Grime in a pinwash manner to the armour panels. Reason for switching to enamels is they make for some exquisite blending and have much richer tones. After everything is completely dry I switched back to acrylics and added streaks of Seraphim Sepia to select dings in the armour, then it's time for a coat of varnish and technical paints to finish it off.

oQCKMD7.png

As a bonus here's the Imperial Space Marine from way back that I wanted to touch up to my abilities with the same techniques to make him look more standard with the rest of his mates.

kHj7Pvn.png
gbq9Cx4.png

I also messed about in After Effects for some cool visuals, go check it out. :biggrin.:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B94VzoxJyg_/

That's all for now, would love to hear what you think.

Edited by Markus_

Death Guard, MkVI, you had me at hello...

Very nice, the subtlety of your blends with the enamels has left the white to shine through but keeping all the unique grime nuances. I had a lot of fun working with the W&N enamel wash I used, but i over did them, these dont suffer from that. I'm saving my Mig/AK washes for the vehicles when I can brave starting them (so many different techniques to try).

Can't wait to see the rest of the squad and apothecary once finished!

Brilliant work on the recon squad! And as I've said before: Monovisor Beakiez FTW! ;)

Hungry Nostraman Lizard: Thank you! The plastic buckle is from the 40k Mortarion.

You are probably already aware of this, but just in case, allow me to share a clever trick my buddy Augustus b'Raass showed me: On the Slaaneshi symbol that comes with the chaos vehicle sprue, if you just snip off the protrusion at the top, you get an instant DG legion symbol without needing to sacrifice any Primarch bits.

That recon squad looks great! Love how you integrated parts from the Infiltrator kit.

Got to agree on enamels, they realy are a thing of beauty. I started using them last year and fell in love with them. A very forgiving product everyone should at least consider testing, especially for heavily weathered models.

• 2 weeks later...

infyrana: Thanks! Yeah, enamels are a whole different animal. I am loving all the smooth blends and pin washing one can do with them, perfect for subtle effects.
KrautScientist: Thank you! I think I've got some of those symbols stored from way back, for just that. :wink: The buckle on the terminator was thankfully from a bits shop lot I bought some time ago.
batu: Cheers!
Sherrypie: Thanks! One can dream... :rolleyes:
Hungry Nostraman Lizard: Thanks! Would be cool!
Timboli: Thank you! I was a bit intimidated at first because of all the contradictory information I got off the net when it comes to working with enamels and acrylics in tandem, but with some obvious precautions like drying time and sealants you should be fine.
hushrong: Cheers! I'm glad you like them!

Well hmm let's see now. Since last time I've finished painting all the flat colours on my two Rhinos and still have initial chipping to do, but it's boring so I won't post any pics. I took Mortarion out for a stroll against Mekol's Raven Guard continuing our Dropsite massacre campaign with a 3000 points Cataclysm match, but I lost miserably in the end. Too much confidence with the demigod methinks.

O7NVEPT.png
Here you see old uncle Death finally succumb to a full squad of Dark Furies and their liege.

In other news I thought I'd snap some nicer photos of some models, so here are the two Consuls and the characters for rescue missions all finished up.
First, the Warmonger I haven't bothered naming.

A9XfNkR.jpg
hNQ5uQP.jpg
Fo2Y5R1.jpg
BV8tYFl.jpg

Aegir Toll, the battle smith.

575dcc4.jpg
FQ2P6lK.jpg
rMYeTP8.jpg
92MNW1M.jpg

Dramatis Personae.

zuqr3yp.jpg
JnC2OqI.jpg
rNweWzm.jpg
OpBUaE6.jpg
SJnUAZA.jpg
7pemVw5.jpg
J8mftqj.jpg

Well I think that's all for-

HuVca2k.jpg

Oops, oh heaven's how did that get in here. :rolleyes:
I have a little diorama in the works with the first character of two completed, more on that later. :wink:

Thanks for looking and for all the comments and consideration!