Sherrypie: :wink:
Majkhel: Cheers! I'm especially fond of the pilot.
NightHunters: Thank you!
Sandalphon: Thank you, I'm glad to hear it!
Pearson73: Cheers. I think the Warmonger especially turned out nicely, gritty and humble look fitting his Legion.

Okay enough fooling around. I wanted to make something special and a bit of a breather from all the 'serious' projects so I made this little diorama of two notable characters locked in a deadly duel. The project entailed a lot of fine detail work, subassemblies and some material testing. Building these tiny dioramas is so much fun and also a cool way to respect all the stories involved in the Horus Heresy I think. I hope you like it!

Ahzek Ahriman vs Geigor Fell Hand

lyWG2GA.png

wLLrr9p.png
YapCmot.png
PidXknv.png

Geigor Fell Hand

SGRI03b.png
6Ie6Iao.png
efAjbem.png
w2chMX3.png
rlwrEVQ.png

Ahzek Ahriman

ypPRxaL.jpg
yGNniq3.jpg
JKgJeDR.jpg
Kkollcy.jpg
sWOivx0.jpg
HuVca2k.jpg

The diorama base.

picgthv.png

That's it. Comments and critique are always welcome.
Cheers! :thumbsup:

Isengrin: Thanks! Ahriman's armour is Tamiya clear red applied over warm gold.
BadgersinHills: Cheers! I built up from Army Painter necromancer cloak to an almost pure wolf grey with Citadel Stormvermin fur added in the mix for tonal variety.

Without too much rambling and continuing the theme of post  #344 here's the Terminator wing and Lord of War of my army now that everything is finished.

Mortarion and bodyguard

TycVy2V.png
AikTwPW.png
s0dMBKv.png
FZbjFwS.png
SWuSUMy.png
Tpn4QUZ.png
xGBpavv.png
u49VbYl.png
xbbJZyG.png

Praetor in Cataphractii armour

26BSFpO.png
I46PZDJ.png

Deathshroud Terminators

atrjwkE.png
doB548Y.png
uHGZCNX.png
lOlAK3a.png
BJtxTbB.png
gA40dtu.png
lgp63wM.png

Grave Warden Terminator squads I & II
Something of note, the legs on these models were plastic Cataphractii legs extended and with details and bulk sculpted over. I then did a silicone mould of them to produce the lot. 

fXItu6w.png

bsBaqNM.png
m6nAwG4.png
kwPSQXT.png

And that's that! The next time I do a showcase post it will be my Contemptors and hopefully my finished tanks. The weather is getting warmer and the airbrush stirs in it's case...

C&C always welcome, thanks for looking!
Cheers! :thumbsup:

Edited by Markus_

Sagentus: Thank you!
Sandalphon: Cheers!
Pearson73: Thanks my dude.
hushrong:  Cheers!
DuskRaider: Thanks! The 40k Deathshroud models are big boys.

Here's another distraction for the weekend. It's a statue of an unnamed Unification era veteran doing an ancient Terran warrior salute.

ztXf4QX.png
0qqHfBP.png
TOSJipD.png

Cheers! :biggrin.:

Majkhel:Thanks!
BadgersinHills: Cheers!
hushrong: I came, I saw, I yote. :teehee:
Lucerne: Sure!
Sherrypie: Thanks man!

Quick shot for Lucerne before we continue.

NWaNHNn.png

Okay time for some work in progress shots. It's been a sunny couple of days so I broke out the airbrush and went to work on a bunch of models, mainly tanks.

This was an experiment as I've never done weathering in this style. The tanks were painted flat and sealed with a gloss varnish, followed with a mix of AK Interactive washes via airbrush. After that I cleaned them up with a makeup sponge, old brushes etc. to get a nice grimy, runny effect. I'm still gonna wait for the enamels to set properly, seal them with a coat of varnish and then add powders and technical paints and do some final fixes. Overall I'm pretty pleased with the look.

2hjJj5Z.png
UuO328v.png
My public funds siege drill. :rolleyes:

oMWzxo4.png
J1TnCPw.png
Legion Land Raider Per Aspera.

byvtKA4.png
IhYEgHk.png
Rhinos.

Io1qMLt.png
esWzunL.png
Castellax automata for the Legion Praevian. These are 3d prints. Please don't ask for the .stl's.

In other news I've been working on another fast attack choice for the Death Guard in the form of Sabre strike tanks. These models were also 3d printed from files I found off the net. I'm still undecided on what to actually think about 3d printing models, but I guess it has a lesser impact on the hobby than recasting. I did have a lot of fun making these, failed prints aside, so that's positive.

omWVe1E.png
QY6dnID.png

v72sHql.png
I added all sorst of tanky gubbins to them for a more realistic feel.

That's it for now, I think I'll go pass out from all the mineral spirit fumes for a while.
Cheers!

The 3d printed tanks look great, i resin cast a lot of my models and have been seriously thinking of going over to 3d printing and seeing quality vehicles such as yours only makes me want to do it even more!

Edited by Pulse

Very nice, that drill looks great :D

I've been having fun with the 3d printed stuff too, mine's all filament and things like rivets often like to be badly printed - but yours don't seem to have that issue and look great.  All my models are for my personal enjoyment at home on the shelf, your post here is definitely giving me incentive to work on the Caestus Ram I have sitting in a box in pieces having been recently printed.  I also grabbed a can of primer filler for helping out where some of the prints come out bad, but I had already planned the mud trick to help out too (go DG and their grime!) :D

Dang and DAAANG! Armor looks great and you are churning out even more. Painting looks fantastic and it makes me happy they’ll look great with the rest of your army!

Your Saber tanks make me want to look up Perturabo storm tanks and see if any tried designing/making one.

Excellent as always! I'm quite jealous of those rhinos. :laugh.:

3D printing stuff like tanks doesn't really trouble me, on the contrary I think it's a cool avenue to get exciting new vehicles and such into 40k. Lunax for example printed an absolutely mad truescale spartan.

Pulse: Thanks! I've been doing resin casting bits too since I started this project basically and jumped on the possibility of 3D printing when they first introduced Mars.
infyrana: Thanks! The SLA style of printing has no problem with rivets or small detail. And yeah, it's all for personal enjoyment anyway.
hushrong: Thanks dude!
Pearson73: Cheers!
Isengrin: Thank you! I get you, doing personal prints is a nice way to make say tanks that are mentioned in the fluff but have no models or bits that hark back to ages of past glory. The sky is the limit pretty much with it's application.

The ever reliable Legion Rhino armoured transports are now complete. The pintle weapons are magnetised so I can swap them if need be. It's so nice to finally have these boys done, oh my Lord! They've been biding their time for a few years by now, waiting in their undercoats for some miraculous method to get them to look right as large models and still close enough to the standard troops to not stand out too much.
I basically did my own version of this tutorial so I owe my thanks to mr. Paintalist.

Without further ado.

GAyafvd.png
zXcOhPb.png
KKA7wSU.png
yYKQGm2.png
ktForSS.png
yXiNziL.jpg
hTvfYtt.png

On another note I had a bit of a slow day today with nothing to do, so I picked up some bits and mashed together a Moritat. I thought the grinning face would fit his job description perfectly. Looks like he's had more than a few rough experiences and loved every second. Just need to figure out a jumppack for him.

Br3ycqd.png
2fm2Shy.png

Lastly I'd like to mention my boy Mekol has been persuading for us to jump into Epic now that models are no longer a problem so I ran a test print. The detail is just ridiculous.

tHC55DX.png
yxmzyge.png

That's all for now, C&C is always appreciated.
Thanks for looking, cheers!