8OYrRxW.png

Ā 

I can't believe how well it worked in the end. I laughed my arse off. :biggrin.:

What I've done is make a regular old silicone mould, let it cure and then submerge it in white spirit. This will start to saturate the silicone, increasing it's volume. I checked on it in a few days and made a cast. The mould deteriorates quite badly in the process, but I haven't had this much hobby fun in a while.

Ā 

I followed this guy's fantastic tutorial to make it, go have a look.

Ā 

Cheers!

How did you get the model copy out of the mold? Did you just push it out like in the video? It seems like the copy model may snap doing it that way. The video had a mold of a simple model. The Thunder Warrior has more detail so I wonder if the gun or arm would break if you push the Copy model out. Did you cut the mold to remove the copy model?

Ā 

By copy model I mean the copy not the original pewter.Ā 

• 1 month later...

Metzombie: Thanks! Easy fix. :wink:
Bjorn Firewalker: Thank you!
hushrong: Cheers!
Hungry Nostraman Lizard: Thanks!
Shovellovin: I had to cut the mold a bit to get the model out. I also wasn't very gentle with the mold to begin with since it was purely experimental.

Well hello! Been on a bit of a summer break but I've still managed to do some hobbying every now and then. There was a local Horus Heresy campaign day I took part in with my Death Guard. Last in points but won best army so I guess that's something. :biggrin.: As a prize I got a legit Forgeworld mkIII command set so we will see what comes of them.

I'm very happy to show what I've been working on though! I made a few succesful stable casts of the mkI plate and have worked on remaking the Dusk Raider as well as preparing a special model.

Ancient Cubile Caninum

ZqPcfLJ.png

ZmoXs3o.png
Dpg7HyA.png
2UJhnLv.png
CewJscK.png
v1TNWRE.png
QrdYHjb.png

Special thanks to Doghouse for his modeling suggestions. Nothing like the feeling of a ridiculously expensive and convoluted model project coming to a close. :biggrin.:

While we were visiting the in-laws I brought all my stuff with, but forgot to bring brushes so on my spare time I worked on whatever I could find from the bitz box and this chap was born. For now it will be a one off Emperor's Children marine.

Hx8QfCD.png
ypc1FoR.png
JCO3OY5.png
XJyx8ww.png
MUHcqJu.png

Lastly the remaining recon marines are coming along, with only touch ups, bases, varnish and technical paints to follow.

ER04ABy.png

That's about it for now, hope you're all having a fun summer.
C6C always appreciated, cheers! :thumbsup:

Majkhel: Thank you! I'm a big fan of the old bolter style and it turned out pretty nice with some updated bitz.
Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks! I was rather just referring to him being old enough to carry mkI Thunder plate.
Lucerne: Aye. :biggrin.: Thanks!
Hungry Nostraman Lizard: :devil: Thanks!
Pearson73: Cheers, glad to hear it!
hushrong: Thank you!

Just a quick update. The Recon squad in power armour is now complete. They grew out to become quite a little squad, very happy with them. I wanted to incorporate more tech and comms on them to emphasize their post, working together like a well oiled machine on reconnaissance and disruption missions.
I don't have anything on paper yet but I'd like to make an alternative list with agressive recon and mortar support. Will see what comes of that.
Anyway here they be.

New guys.

wx6zNZ0.png
Rj8ELOi.png
bJfBetF.png
Xt9cn0p.png
0luIbNh.png
fhysLmo.png

And the whole lot.

s0I3Lt5.png

That's all for now, I hope you like them!
Cheers! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Verux: Thanks!

Here's something that's been a long time coming. Scout Recon squad. I've had these models sitting in the bitz box waiting for the rest of their greenstuff for probably 4 years now. :biggrin.: Finally got inspired to finish the squad. There's quite a bit of leeway in regards to how the scout armour ought to look in Pre-Heresy times so I opted for a half and half kind of look. Quite happy with how they scale with the rest of the lads.

3OSCQWo.png
BbHgDVk.png
ivoxCi7.png
ksHb0px.png

oQ38Sd9.png
Scale shot.

C&C most welcome, cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hungry Nostraman Lizard: Thanks! They're from scout sniper rifles.
Pearson73: Cheers!
batu: Thanks!
Sherrypie: Thank you!

Been a while since last post but I haven't been absent of the hobby, just working on different things. I've picked up Fallout Wasteland Warfare and worked on some models and terrain ideas.

As for the Heresy train it really doesn't have brakes. I currently have more unworked resin than I can shake a powerfist at. I've also acquired some classic goodies for more experiments with silicone expansion just to make things convoluted. I'm also in the middle of painting the third tactical squad for the Death Guard. Nothing to see there really, but I thought these bolter conversions might be of interest.

Z0CLkPF.png
xZ4QETm.png
Pmh9eKL.png

I'm not going to just waltz in without anything worth showing so I present to you the Emperor's Red Right Hand of Justice.
This whole project was extremely fun and I had a good time trying to figure out how to do the gray armour to not stick out too much with the rest of my dudes.

B9SBA3p.png
LPCUysE.png
9LVxbNX.png
I8X5dXf.png
1MujpvV.png
sTEUrLQ.png
UlVAcpZ.png

That's it for now, I hope you like it!
C&C always welcome, cheers! :thumbsup:

The Fallout minis have kept you busy ;)

I like the look of that marine. I understand you with the resin pile. I was trying to clean up my areas, and saw just how much my stress buying in 2017-2019 lead to... a massive back log. URGGG, and I can't start more projects than I currently have, because that's burn out. We never win, us hobbyists.Ā