• 2 weeks later...

space wolf: Thanks!
Majkhel: Cheers! Can't really help with the power squat, it's a decades old company staple. :rolleyes:
BadgersinHills: Thanks!

rzvpJ1z.jpg

I've finally managed to finish the two Legion Veteran squads I've been working on for a while. It was a bit of a grind at times but I'm generally happy with how they turned out. I'm especially fond of the grenade launchers modelled in Blender and printed out since it's one of those hard to come by bits. I've put them up on Cults along with some other stuff if you want to have a gander. https://cults3d.com/en/users/LegioXIVguy/creations
Anyway, the boys are here.

tlM67m3.jpg
Rn7Wg5P.jpg
LioQew3.jpg
8uL0mtd.jpg
Gsdq6o5.jpg
Qg6KJxV.jpg
5M7eEgD.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C always welcome.
Cheers! :thumbsup:

Doghouse: Thank you, I'm glad to hear it.
Bjorn Firewalker: Cheers!
Hungry Nostraman Lizard: It's not the first time that has been asked. :biggrin.: Sure when I have suitable time to arrange it. The prints are done with Elegoo Mars 2 Pro for the most part.
Triszin: Thanks!

Here's some shots of our most recent Horus Heresy escapade with Mekol, a 2500pts game of securing objectives. It was a bloodbath but I was unable to secure the precious STC pattern containers and lost the game.

JO16iVn.jpg
euST148.jpg

g4cAE8U.jpg
JN4PHoG.jpg
w0zZpKX.jpg
gkftCaC.jpg

Here we see my Praetor making such short work of mortals and Astartes alike that the Raven Guard decide it's adviced to run like hell, but a single musician of the Imperial Militia remains steadfast in the face of terror.

gcGEQ1r.jpg

On the modelling side of things, I did something a bit different and instead of working on something new I picked up a random character from the cabinet and updated it to reflect my current painting trends and level more. Here is the humble but stern Field Overseer of the Death Guard.

R1C2WP2.jpg
Cj2y6Qs.jpg
nnGbko5.jpg
NNx4FtJ.jpg
gZnxCeU.jpg
3a5lv8W.jpg
UrtqGoe.jpg

Here's the model from 2017.

natNRip.jpg

That's all for now, C&C is always welcome.

Inspired by the last post I've also reworked my trusty Praetor model. I'm still quite happy with the conversion work even after so many active hobby years. I've made the blends smoother and effects more subtle with more attention to detail, naturally with better brush control than what I could manage at the time originally.

I also took this as an opportunity to up my photoshoot game and use a proper camera this time instead of relying on a phone. Can't really beat a proper objective in conveying how the model looks in the flesh. Anyway here's some pics.

JtQ73BR.jpg
jIuqmHx.jpg
xSeCxBT.jpg
7xdbStF.jpg
oj361g1.jpg
iMcjtov.jpg
g5G5MV2.jpg
jBNsRfm.jpg

And here is the 2017 version. Can you spot the difference?

26BSFpO.png
I46PZDJ.png

Would love to hear what you all think.

You cleaned up the tassels with some highlights and texturing, whitened up the armor panels on the chest and fore arms and legs. The skin is a warmer glow too. The wax on the oath of moment is brighter, and the moment actually has text ascribing an achievement/set goal now. 

Excellent revision! 

• 1 month later...

Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks!
Hungry Nostraman Lizard: Thank you!

Okay, what to post...
I've been enjoying the summer and only dabbled with the hobby so I don't have that much concrete stuff, just bits and pieces. Here's something though.

My friend Mekol brought me back a MkIV dreadnought from Gamesday years and years ago, probably 2008 or so, that I modelled and converted for my then-Death Guard project I may have recollected in here before. The model was never painted and as life took it's course I had no time for hobbying amidst studies. When I finally had to move abroad for a bit I sold it along with my meager force to my friend.

Time passes, the model serves as an Iron Warrior, armies come and go and now after all this time returns to me again, to become something new.
I'm thinking of holding on to it for now and try and breathe new life (:teehee:) into it as an entombed Legionnaire of the XIV.

uiYNxHH.jpg
cSabOqJ.jpg

That's it for now, thanks for looking.
C&C always welcome, cheers! :tu:

Pearson73: I have a harder time not altering models. :wink:
Sherrypie: It's a great looking kit. Such a shame Forgeworld nuked the design. I had made this guy lanky before but wanted to bring back some of the chunky vanilla silhouette by working on the legs a bit.

Here's how the old codger is looking like at the moment. I put some brass on him and sculpted in the rest of the details. Also fixed the legs with some general repair work.

xWpYrRm.jpg

Would love to hear what you think so far.
Thanks for looking, cheers! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Pearson73: I've extended the thigh bit with a Sentinel leg bit for a subtle height gain while still trying to maintain the old boxy appearance.

Okay let's see now. There's a lot of stuff going on on my desk right now with bits and kits flying around with a bunch of projects but very little finished models so I'll just throw something in here.

I've recently worked on some extra Gal Vorbak models to pump up the numbers to a nice solid 15 with some weapon options, them being two maces and a meltagun. I dug up a bunch of old mutation sprue bits to spice up the models and give them some variety. Here's some shots.

nqHKDHx.jpg
KaIutrh.jpg
flOX7GD.jpg
7prKDiP.jpg
4RDNKuS.jpg
kjp8Hvq.jpg
cqBCbXh.jpg9mC51vO.jpg

I'm also in the last stages of finishing off the Legion Leviathan Dreadnought Kriophoros for the Word Bearers, more on that with better shots later. Here is he before and after some oil and enamel washes.

1cYiCrK.jpg
ex55fXu.jpg

On the topic of Word Bearers I did a stupid big mammoth task because something was really bothering me with the old tactical squad models, namely the legs. They just hadn't aged very well with new kits and tricks emerging left and right. So off I went and put them all to the saw and replaced the legs with 3d printed ones from LoggyK. Sadly I don't have any pictures of the progress but it was pure mayhem. In the end I'm so glad I did the work because now they look excellent. The old paintjobs have also held up pretty well, needing only minor touch ups here and there.

nupw7Bh.jpg
wetuRc8.jpg

Now, on the topic of 3d printing. I've also been busy just learning to model in Blender to make more cool stuff and tailored bits for printing. I've finished a bunch of helmet sets with more on the way. If you'd like to try them out yourself you can find them here: https://cults3d.com/en/users/LegioXIVguy/creations

9NisGNv.png
5flTiDW.png
CmW2lNe.png

They print out pretty nice and the fit is good if I do say so myself. Here's some test shots with a Tortuga Bay body and a regular one.

pRlXcEn.jpg
yoyTRxV.jpg
NIG9LBk.jpg
euayDKE.jpg

I leave you with this little fun sideproject I got carried away doing while listening to some inspiring music. I call him Big Orra. :whistling:

pKvHd1m.jpg

That's all I'm gonna show for now, there's just too much going on at the moment. :biggrin.:
Hopefully I return with something more concrete next time.

Thanks for looking, C&C is always most welcome.