• 3 weeks later...

Luna707: Cheers bud! It's a dirty job, but pays off in terms of adding realism to the models.
Vairocanum: Thanks!

I took a better look at the new Death Guard models for 40k and I have to say some of the design aspects are pretty impressive. I love the less corrupted but otherwise brutal older helmet designs, if only they'd have been released a year ago... Oh well. :biggrin.: I had a go at converting a set of more clean and 'pure' mk3's from the bits. Without the aid of forbidden technologies I think a squad or more of these would be a bit too tedious to make, however the regular mk3 bits would fit perfectly on them. Hmm!

OWNE5sf.jpg

Anyway, the Breacher squad is complete apart from finalizing the bases as I'll do a batch basing session at some point.
Z8nZBTU.jpg

na0OzuD.jpg
7ClUEj0.jpg

Next up in line to get some colour is the first Contemptor dreadnought.
2ZmELDZ.jpg

As per usual the sugar comes last, I wanted to take some time to really finish these guys first before showing anything, but I'm so pleased with how they came out that I can't but share them already. I'm more fond of Adrian Smith's depiction of Mortarion's bodyguard and really liked what GW had done with the Deathshroud kit, so I couldn't resist. The scale is also perfect! So here they be, the unspeaking brothers.

gI3HYqd.jpg

A better look at the stomach area.
nGIZkh9.jpg

:wink:
fQashZZ.jpg

C&C much appreciated as always, cheers! :smile.:

WHERE TO BEGIN!?

Cool to see your clean up some of the DI death Guard set. They are some great minis but I imagine the work to uncorrupt them can be taxing. The breachers are also looking great and tough as nails! I love seeing a completed squad when they've been done to such a high caliber. Also looking forward to the dreadnought getting some attention.

Lastly, the Death Shroud, is awesome to behold! Did you resculpt the entire shoulder plates? All the other work you put into them make them look like they have been through the grinder and ready to go again. Plus, showing off those battle scars on armor definitely scream XIV Legion. That sword also looks familiar.

I genuinely wish i could like a post more than once, cause this update was brilliant! The MKIII are coming along really well, I like how seamless you've got the plasticard to look! The breachers are looking great, and nice to see some paint on the contemptor. Your de-corrupting of the Deathshroud looks absolutely amazing, both of them look absolutely perfect! And last but not least GARROOOOOOOO. So hyped to see your conversion of him!

• 1 month later...

hushrong: Cheers! The Deathshroud shoulderpads only have a lick of liquid greenstuff for some texture.
Luna707: Thanks man. :smile.:
MikhalLeNoir: Cheers, steal away!
Vairocanum: Many thanks! Garro will have his time in the sun sooner or later.
Pearson73: Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the look.

Long time no post, I've been busy with real life so updating is a bit slow. I think I also need to make a light box for photos. Anyway here's some stuff.
The Contemptor is done apart from the base. His armaments are magnetised so I can use them in future projects aswell.
774uyX0.jpg

Detail shots.
oHedxMK.jpg

And a bonus golden oldie from when he was just a bare plastics and greens.
FrKuAgI.jpg

Tactical Veterans are also done apart from minor details. I did a quick job on them as I wasn't originally planning on having more vets, but playtesting proved it was a good investment.
yoBjUZ0.jpg

Closeup of Crysos/veteran with combiflamer.
MzrV0Zr.jpg

Legion standard is getting there.
2HXRY4y.jpg

I don't remember posting my apothecaries and they were close at hand anyway so here they be.
3GVa8xP.jpg

That's it for now, more to follow.
C&C appreciated as always, cheers! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

The_son_of_Dorn: Thanks!
hushrong: Hehe, I tried to get the aesthetics as close as possible.
Vairocanum: Cheers!

I was getting a bit fatigued painting with a dirty toilet bowl palette all the time, so I worked on the Word Bearers a bit for a change of pace.

Tacticals so far. I feel I rushed a bit with the weathering and overdid it in places, but they're meat and potatoes so I don't mind really.
yaaSJtP.jpg
OAhZc0r.jpg
dXVHFxo.jpg
S0Z2DmN.jpg

Chaplain. I wanted to keep the cloack minimal so I put a bit of a star map kind of design on it.
D9aEhId.jpg
ZqrRmtI.jpg

That's it for now.
C&C is most welcome as always, cheers! :wink:

Edited by Markus_

Word Bearers are looking awesome! Love all the little bits of scripture and the weathered look make them look like they've been hard at work spreading the word. The cape on the chaplain looks fantastic, the minimalism really works well with the model! Looking forward to seeing more whether it be more WB or DG!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks gents! :smile.:
Luna707: That is good to hear. It would be a shame to lose all that nice red and overall readability of the model.
DuskRaider: Funny how that goes. :biggrin.: I'm still looking forward to getting the Mhara Gal at some point, Forgeworld has done an absolutely fantastic job on the Horus Heresy Word Bearers.
Pearson73: I'm glad you like it!
Vairocanum: Much appreciated!

The Word Bearers had a baptism of fire two weeks ago as an ally detachment for the Death Guard. It was a fortification operation with me as the defender against my friend's World Eaters. I failed miserably and all the objectives were destroyed. Alas! It was a blast regardless, and I can't wait to get all these little dudes painted for some truly cinematic battles. Here you can see a tactical squad emerging from the reserves only to reveal their betrayal by unleashing relentless fire upon imperial militia conscripts.

99UD2N6.jpg

What I had originally planned for the Word Bearers was a missile launcher heavy weapon team, but decided to swap my to-be Culverin team with them, so my Death Guard can have some proper support and the Word Bearers in turn can revel in the  superheated glory of Martian death rays. (The real reason is I wanted to have some mk4 armours in the mix aswell... )

JtiWnAr.jpg

I also decided to bolster my tactical support squad up to 10 with additional mk4 marines.

z4VY2ck.jpg

Lastly here's a look at a master of signal I've also worked on. The Primaris arms fit like a charm and make the whole model look alot more proportioned to be honest.

PB0gRYM.jpg

That's it for now, C&C is much appreciated as always.
Cheers! :wink:

Edited by Markus_

Charlo: Thanks! I'm fond of them myself, can't wait to get them painted though I think I'll savour the moment and finish them close to last.
Atia: Thank you!
Sagentus: Cheers! Mr deathface has seen much action by now. :smile.:

As you can see I'm kind of busy at the moment going through special weapon teams and terminators so my work station is a mess. Once all the flat area work is done finishing them should be a quick enough job.
lcluFVN.jpg

To break the tediousness of batch painting I messed about with the new Primaris kit and some Gray Knight bits I had lying around for a kind of proof of concept if I ever get around playing 8th edition. It's a quick and easy job but I think it works pretty well. What do you think?
IiEkksi.jpg
gNxei4F.jpg

C&C most appreciated as always, cheers! :wink: