Pulse: Thank you!
Pearson73: Cheers!
Hungry Nostraman Lizard: Thanks! You can see how the mk4 looks bare without bits in post  #39. The extra step is to cut the torso bits from exactly the middle and add slice of 1mm plasticard to widen it a bit and sculpt away any gaps much like the mk3 in post #77. Something like this:

9ePJkYQ.jpg
hushrong: Thanks!

I figured the knight might as well go to some use as a blank Knight Errant so I switched the shoulderpads to something more fitting. A friend of mine has a spare Inquisitor brass sprue that could have a nice icon for the chest area.
wUbmz3l.png

Thanks for looking. :wink:

Pearson73: Thanks!
Vairocanum: Thank you! We shall see.
hushrong: Cheers!

I'm having a bit of a flu at the moment so I had plenty of time to work on minis this weekend.
I've worked on some terminators for the Word Bearers. It was a pretty straightforward job of just kitting out regular Cataphractii with occult bits and arming them with Palatine blades I had lying around. The robed terminator legs are from a third party bits manufacturer Micro Arts if I recall. Winding some thin copper wire around bones for example makes for some nice fetishes as you can see on one of the terminators. Horse plumes were also a must. :) You can also see my terminator sorceror / dark apostle as well as a squad sergeant in the commander shot.
ofBTR4I.jpg
vXnTC4R.jpg

This is how they looked prior to basecoating.
um5Xyyy.jpg

I've also managed to build some field mortars that can be used in any army really.
T69unnQ.jpg

And finally here's what I did for the Knight Errant's chest. Maybe I'll add a vent or something on either side to give it some asymmetry.
JpokQMH.jpg

That's it for now, thanks for looking.
C&C appreciated as always, cheers. :wink:

Terminators are ace, those Palatine blades really fit well, as do those robed legs, they certainly fit the aesthetic of the XVII.

The Inquisition symbol looks good, though I still feel the chest looks a little blank, perhaps the vent will help shake that.

• 3 weeks later...

Pearson73: Thanks!
Vairocanum: Cheers! Yes, the plan is to have the mortar plates be standard army black with neutral markings.
FuriousFerret: Or perhaps a foul frigid Daemon is being summoned... :wink: Thanks.

Happy new year to my fellow hobbyists! I hope everyone has had a relaxing time. I've accumulated mostly fat during all these winter festivities but there's also plenty of stuff in the backlog for the coming year by now. :biggrin.:

Had a nice late christmas present from Forgeworld. The ruined pillar was made from a neatly rowed tube you can find on certain types of plastic coat hangers.
t15bJvE.png

I also received new spiffy doors for the Rhinos.
SPKRGfC.jpg

The Word Bearers terminator squad has now been kitted with a proper banner to honour the Warmaster and the ruinous powers beyond the veil.
bfNNTq0.jpg

Reinforcements arrive in form of a tactical squad heavy in sets of mk5 armour. I wasn't too picky on the bits as I wanted them to look like scrap designs built in desperation. Also note the sneaky Dark Apostle.
vVIOnig.jpg

And on the painting front, I'm currently working on the first full squad of Gal Vorbak along with the second tactical squad sergeant.
5BeJU3j.jpg

Death Guard support squads are also coming along.
00GWXFh.jpg

A small tweak for the Knight Errant's chest did the job.
6rbJHb8.jpg

Finally, although just a plan for now, sooner or later something wicked this way comes...
Czj6HPx.jpg

That's it for now, C&C most appreciated as always.
Cheers! :wink:

Edited by Markus_

Brother Pheidias: I'm glad you like them!
Vairocanum: Thanks! I'm thinking of atleast magnetising the weapon options and giving one of them a nicer head. Current plan is to make them into House Makabius to ally with the Death Guard force.

Had a long night so I could finish the first five Gal Vorbak and the second squad sergeant.
be3jsoh.jpg
afhepnK.jpg
VroI8ET.jpg

Here's my "lightbox" at the moment. I can't believe I went to school for this! :biggrin.: The shoemaker's children go barefoot as they say.
DSYUXQL.jpg

C&C most welcome as always, cheers! :wink:

Word Bearers look fantastic! I always have this love for the Gal Vorbak. I love the minis and their background (from what little I have read of theirs in particular) and every time I see them painted so fantastically like yours I go mental about them. The flesh, the warp-fire, and armor look superb, bud!

Luna707: Thanks mate! Your project is one of my sources of inspiration. :smile.: I used the checker pattern on the sarge's launcher to give it a bit of an old school honour marking, it's only a transfer though.

I finished my master of signal while I was at it. Unfortunately enough, just as I was about to give the model it's last touches I went and dropped it on the floor and the targeter thingy on the helmet broke off and disappeared into the Empyrean so I shaved off what was left and fixed the paintjob. He simply has to point extra hard now I'm afraid.

ypVh7aM.jpg
rkQKLjO.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Glorious stuff – it's the consistency and attention to detail that really makes this army stand out, quite aside from the sublime modelling. Any chance of a few styled army shots? Would be great to see them from ground level, with some nice terrain :)

The new missile launcher and flamer squads look particularly lovely; I've got a soft spot for regular infantry, and it's nice to see an army that really reflects the background, rather than being 'game-first, visuals second'. With that said, I've no doubt this army would be rock-'ard in battle! It'd be a treat to meet up at some point and give you a game.

Apologist: Thank you! Due to some recent developments, proper army shots are not that far away. :wink: A game with you one day would be awesome.
malcharion: Thanks! Hopefully I get to paint them soon.

There is a mustering going on at my work table as I prepare for our local upcoming Horus Heresy campaign! We will see what comes of it, but in any case I want to get as much done as possible. I'm making a purely Death Guard list with focus on mass infantry.
lsR1yUA.jpg

I finished the lascannon squad. They were painted to a lesser standard to get quick troops at an earlier point, so adding the backpacks and weaponry was an easy job.
WPRU2S1.jpg

I also finished my second tactical squad sergeant. He has seen some action and has been hard as a nail in combat, so it was only fitting to give him a badge of Mortarion's recognition. I was extra pleased with the simple detail of making his hairline unrecognisable with painted scar tissue.
FsaID0X.jpg

Lastly the second heavy flamer squad is waiting for paint.
CjRHfve.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C most appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Vairocanum: Cheers!
Pearson73: Thanks, I was very pleased with how the pose came out as well.
hushrong: Thank you!
Dreagher: Thanks!

It's been a while since last update, but I've kept myself busy.

The Death Guard have seen two battles in our Horus Heresy campaign so far. The campaign is based on book 4 and features four realms. First match was a loss against World Eaters in a bid to secure a macro cannon to be used against the loyalists in the system, the second match was securing assets in a game of zone mortalis against Night Lords. Here's some shots.

CyAhDyk.jpg

My pure infantry list was no match against a Malcador and more than a few lucky dice rolls.
9YWeMyW.jpg

And the second game. The gray menace is revealed!
SIyE0UK.jpg
yPFc0Gv.jpg

Two heavy flamer squads made short work of a rushing contemptor and turned the doorway into dangerous wreckage, making a breach ill adviced and so the objective was secured.
LO81rjc.jpg

I have been making advancements in the modelling front as well, bringing two squads of Grave Wardens into completion. They will get some pigment and final touches to the bases at a later time.
YZxAjY2.jpg

F3TtT7U.jpg

And some not so great pics of the second squad.
kqmsEfU.jpg

You know what they say, teach a man to fish... :biggrin.: My friend has been so convinced with the art scale marines, that he started a couple of his own projects some while ago based on what I've been doing. I'll let him know what you guys think!
bSh5xMN.jpg

yV30dQ3.jpg

That's it for now. In the distance you can hear rumbling of heavy tracks and savage machinery, we shall see what comes next. :wink:
Thanks for looking, C&C most appreciated as always. Cheers!

Edited by Markus_