Pearson73: Thanks! Aye, makes for a nice cinematic battle indeed, hopefully even more so with mortals thrown in the mix.
DuskRaider: Thank you kindly!
hushrong: Cheers, will post more shots once I get into another fight. :wink:
Sagentus: Thanks!
marcusc: Thank you!

Not much to show really, just a very quick apothecary model. The plague surgeon model was just YUGE so I didn't have to do much. Terminator narthecium, mk3 helmet, arms, backpack, primaris knife, some creativity with the bionic eye and a bit of greenstuff.
BNj78Sx.jpg

Heavy armour will have to wait as I have a commissioned Perturabo before that and something else in the works to top this whole lot off.
8nzhIy2.jpg

Hmm....
i1DOEVZ.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C most appreciated as always, cheers!

Pearson73: Thanks! It was a small task, and some of the battle damage fits the XIV nicely.
Chickenleg: Cheers!

I had the sunday evening to myself, so I quickly bashed together two quad launcher crewmen from some mk6 armours I had waiting for use. The primaris arms are good scalewise and work in mk6 good enough for me. I'm a bit of a naughty boy, so I made copies of the imperial space marine backpack to be used on mk6 marines as I like the design. The foreman has a rogue trader era beaky helmet saved from a classic ork's trophy rack.
N0i0Mk3.jpg

Thanks for looking! :smile.:

• 1 month later...

Kordhal: Thanks man, I am honoured. :smile.:

Been a while since last update. Here's some stuff.

Dark Apostle in Terminator armour is done. Very happy with how this guy turned out in the end.
opQ7AVk.jpg
KnJT3p8.jpg

The second tactical squad for the Word Bearers is also complete, bringing the number of tactical marines to 20.
3mUnT8K.jpg
36czLeN.jpg
rMhvDpl.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C always welcome. :smile.:

Thanks for all the comments and input!

Chickenleg: Cheers!
hushrong: Thanks! For the crew I'm planning a 'neutral' Legion colour so as to use them in any potential Astartes list. Maybe a Rogue Trader era camo or simple army black with basic markings.
robofish7591: Thank you, I was actually surprised how well the face took the effect, I was sure I was gonna botch it.
Vairocanum: Your wish is granted. :wink:
KrautScientist: Cheers!

I've finished the second heavy flamer squad.
fk3gLOY.jpg

I've also started working on the Word Bearer terminator squad and the apostle in power armour.
r7W2iL5.jpg

Perturabo has gotten a lick of paint as well, should be quite straightforward from here.
ZLGdDC2.jpg

Hmmmm.....
qzVAnmx.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C much appreciated as always.

The fancy cape is for a tall gentleman that enjoys long travels and farming. :wink:
The braziers are from plague marine apothecary's pack chutes, the skull one was from a blight grenade I think.
The bare headed WB terminator is an event only librarian from 2016.

Edited by Markus_

• 2 weeks later...

KrautScientist: I think so too. :smile.:

Not much to show really, waiting for bits and new tools to arrive so it's a good time to wrap some things up. I'm currently in the middle of basing all Death Guard models. It's a quick and dirty job but works well for my intentions. After the model is dry and sealed I'll add some dead branches and tufts to complete the bases.

The pigment binder I currently use is the acrylic medium one from Vallejo, and while it does it's job, not having a 'proper' capillary effect happening and having to push it around a bit with a brush can get a bit tedious and might mess some of the pigment placing so I invested in an enamel based alternative by Mig, will see how it goes once it arrives. I did mix the Vallejo agent with a bit of alcohol based thinner so it flows a bit better. Another one of my tiny concerns is how a sealant for the whole model will affect the dry looks of the pigment.

The top row is fixed and the bottom row is waiting it's turn, I see no noticeable difference with the results. It takes quite a while to dry completely.

777DKzb.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Those bases look great! I was thinking about getting some of that Astrogranite stuff from GW after seeing WarriorFish use them on his Sundered army. Those new plastic bases are awesome and I love the mechanicus set but I wanted to fill in some of the detail to cut back on painting.

I really like what you did and want to copy it and put a 'martian sands' look to it. Hope those new bits and tools come in soon too.

P.S., Is the cape for Mortation? Tall, likes farming diseases? The only Astartes I remember having an interest in farming was Ahriman.

• 3 weeks later...

Charlo: That is a high praise and I do not take it lightly. Thank you.
hushrong: Thanks! They're great if you're lazy at making bases like me. :biggrin.: And yes, the cape is for the gene father of the Death Guard himself, soon enough to be revealed. :wink:

So, long time no post, I've been busy so haven't had that much time for minis but I thought I'd drop in and show what's been happening on the work table.

I did manage to get a 2v1 game in, Space Wolves & Death Guard vs. Thousand Sons & Solar Auxilia.
The Wolves and Death Guard were victorious in the end, but the witch legion didn't give up that easily.
u62E69l.jpg

On to modelling endeavours.
Word Bearers terminators are nearly done. Only thing to do really is to give the chargers and the rest of the swords that ominous glow and tidy things up a bit here and there.
ofkAJGE.jpg
088QpwW.jpg
KNUc6Z7.jpg
iJs2y7e.jpg

I've also managed to build up some of my planned SoS, although to my chagrin I only recently noticed the models should be mounted on 32mm bases instead. What a pain...
sarsZ25.jpg

Dr. Pavel, I'm SoS.
7fQFjNE.jpg

These hounds ought to come in handy in the future.
oXuFjut.jpg

Also something of a bonus. One of our local gamers gave me a Death Guard contemptor torso as a topping on one of our trades. It was in terrible condition and made of a rather dubious shade of resin, but I think the old codger deserves a chance and I just so happened to have a spare plastic contemptor. I had to improvise a bit with the connector of the torso and pelvis with a glue bottle cap, but otherwise it was a straightforward cleanup and conversion job. I've used advanced and extensive imaging techniques to mask the origins of this model so as not to offend anyone's sensitivities.
mTkIOUl.jpg

That's it for now, thanks for looking. C&C is always appreciated. Cheers! :wink:

Oh Mortarion! Looking forward to seeing your take on him. After reading the HH Books from FW his back story became my favorite. It's also ironic about all the sorcery stuff too which I also liked.

As for the battle that looks great! Speaking of looking great those Word Bearers are awesome looking. In the one pic with the sisters you can see they look suitably bigger than mortals too. Didn't know sisters had to be on a 32mm base. It sucks but could you wedge a xacto blade between the feet and the base and shuck them like an oyster?

Looking forward to the dread getting some TLC. And it came from shady origins? That adds some sweet, mysterious backstory.