Flame Wraiths Project Log

Sticklefront

After a long break from anything hobby-related, I'm returning to the fray with my own Astartes Chapter, the Flame Wraiths. To keep myself motivated, I'm logging all my various escapades here on the B&C.

It turns out that the old saying "use it or lose it" is actually true :dry.: It's gonna take a bit of practice to get my hand in; luckily some Facebook buddies have started up a round of new armies to tie in with the Gathering Storm campaign.

First month's target, for January, was to paint a HQ... so I did!

Captain Vorghar, Flame Wraiths 5th Company

gallery_96870_12919_1385346.jpg

Edited by Sticklefront

Thanks!

Had confirmation that my custom Decals will be delivered soon, which is great news. Ordered through Fallout Hobbies, who were really great; from a few screencaps I took from Google images and my rambling descriptions, they helped me design the Chapter badge and it came out *exactly* as I had in mind. I really can't recommend them highly enough!

Here's the final treatment:

Decal2

Edited by Sticklefront

Despite coming late to the little painting project mentioned in the first post, I've managed to squeeze in enough painting time to complete my Kill Team ready for a few games in March.

First up, Combat Squad Arvio:

gallery_96870_12919_24575.jpg

And the second half of the Kill Team, Scout Squad Milos

gallery_96870_12919_1219416.jpg

Edited by Sticklefront

• 3 months later...

So...

...after a short break while I figured out what I was gonna do with the advent of 8th ed, I've decided to stick with the Wraiths.

Unfortunately, due to some questionable measuring on my part, the custom chapter decals that I ordered were way too small. They are literally Scout sized. After seeing the designs in person, I also think that the chapter badge would look better without the circular border- it's a design that looked good on paper, but it's too "busy" on the physical model. I'll still get plenty of use from the decals I have, either on detailing larger models, or for banners and so on, but they won't work for power-armoured marines.

However, Fallout have launched a 3D printing arm called "Chapter Customizer", and as they were pleasant to deal with before I've ordered a set of shoulderpads & vehicle doors from them. Hopefully, they will do the job!

Now... on to more painting!

Edited by Sticklefront

• 2 weeks later...