For those who aren't aware, my main army is Blood Angels in 40k and I have a blog located over in the BA sub-forum.

As my collection has grown over the years, I've started to incorporate some of the minor Imperial forces into my collection and rather than clutter up my main blog, I've decided to move some of them out to here.

I should point out that this blog will be on a slow burn: I'm not the fastest painter at the best of times and the stuff to be added here is done on an as-and-when basis. In fact, updates post-Inquisitor (which I need complete before April 28th) will be jostling for attention with my terrain blog and as you can see, that needs some attention...

Anyway, without further ado, please enjoy the blog and I look forward to your comments :smile.:

Edited by Jolemai

Assassins

My last Apocalypse game was in February 2016 and I needed to round off my Assassin collection to field the Formation (the one in the Codex, not the Apoc one as that's borked following the latest Codex release).

Early WIP

gallery_62972_10721_55880.jpg

I wanted to try an ethereal technique for the Cullexus rather than the basic grey.)

Here's how they have been since then (for our Apoc games, our group requires stuff to be battle ready. So three base colours on a model and to be based)

Eversor

gallery_62972_10721_972336.jpg

Shouldn't take too long to finish him off (when I eventually get around to doing it...) He's based like my Blood Angels which makes sense, but maybe they should have had their own scheme?

Cullexus

gallery_62972_10721_928300.jpg

Going to preface this with "I'm not happy with it". I tried to do an ethereal look, so on a white base I've applied a turquoise and a purple wash (the classic washes from the second edition era of paints). My options here are the salvage it by drybrushing over it with white (or Ulthuan Grey which I now own) or taking it back to a bsae colour (either white of Ulthuan) and following the ethereal technique detail by Duncan on the Warhammer TV videos.

Thoughts?

Assassins

My other Assassins haven't been touched for a good while, but I thought I'd show off their current state:

Vindicare

gallery_62972_10721_175079.jpg

Been like this for a few years now. Rather than the classic black I've opted for a n urban grey - it's basically Codex Grey drybrushed over black as I wanted a broken up look to the synskin. The weapons are Fortress Grey and this scheme goes well with my scenery (my BA bases and scenery is black -> Codex -> Fortress (drybrish on bases) -> Bleached Bone (drybrush))

When I get around to doing to the detail he needs paints which wont give away his position! Could be tricky...

Callidus

gallery_62972_10721_926596.jpg

This was painted almost 20 years ago and was the first Assassin I bought. As I very much doubt I'll buy Overkill, I'll either repaint her or spruce her up eventually...)

You can't go wrong with some assassins, they're cool models and a great way to flesh out an army :smile.: I think that matching the basing scheme is a good idea - I've done it for each of my associated armies (all Imperial armies have one basing scheme, all Chaos have another etc) as it helps unify them on the table top :thumbsup:

Inquisitors are another good way to flex your hobby muscles and add single models to a force, they can be pretty cheap too :wink:

Every so often, the Officio Assassnorum dispatches Assassins to warzones that my Blood Angels are fighting in and their exploits can be be found here. The reports you are interested in is:

BA vs Eldar - 1500 points - Vindicare

BA Death Company vs Eldar - 1250 points - Calidus

BA Death Company vs Eldar - 1250 points - Calidus

BA Death Company Vs Eldar - 1250 points - Eversor

There's also a 21.5k per side Apocalypse game from a few years ago which saw a Calidus and Vindicare take to the field, one of whom had a great impact on the game...

Still trying to decide if I should magnetise his bolt pistol...

Probably not a bad idea. The digital codex still has bargain basement pricing on some of the pistol options, like the 2 meltabomb inferno pistol. You may find a use for them once in a while.

Still trying to decide if I should magnetise his bolt pistol...

Probably not a bad idea. The digital codex still has bargain basement pricing on some of the pistol options, like the 2 meltabomb inferno pistol. You may find a use for them once in a while.

Looks like Ordo Hereticus has the inferno pistol for the same price, fwiw.

I haven't invested in the new Agents codex since my hobby money has been going to getting my BA tournament worthy. BattleScribe may not be wrong but I thought I had read they "updated" the weapon prices in the new one (while also making armour upgrades for the acolytes more reasonable).

I need a new colour for this. Can't keep using Blood Angels Red for updated on a non-BA blog!

GBBO Cypher

Front

gallery_62972_10721_920219.jpg

Left

gallery_62972_10721_739981.jpg

Back

gallery_62972_10721_839248.jpg

Right

gallery_62972_10721_765235.jpg

Angle

gallery_62972_10721_694095.jpg

Shopping list

• Command Squad legs (Mk VI?)
  • Grey Knights power armour front plate
  • Sanguinary Guard back plate
  • Two second edition Dark Angels Veteran shoulder pads
  • Head, plasma pistol, sword, phase knife :wink: from the Dark Angels upgrade sprue
  • Bolt pistol, left arm, sword pommel from Forge World's Space Marine Character upgrade sprue
  • Back pack and right arm from the Tactical box? (Something generic anyway)
  • Right hand from a second edition character arm
  • Green stuff, paper clips, glue, etc, etc

Edited by Jolemai

Like the extended diy backpack!

Never again! It's been inspired by the new Cypher model and the blurb that goes with it. I had a go at this tutorial for the ridges, then moved the exhaust ports around before making the sword rest which is green stuff wrapped around a paper clip and then I've tried to model a cushion for the sword to rest on.