• 2 weeks later...

Bases WIP

Quick WIP of my bases. Take one cork, slice it into rounds (yes really, but that's all I have available), glue it on a carve it into shape. Once I've added some sand to the rim and sealed with some watered down PVA glue, it will then get painted like my current BA bases - so it's similar just bulkier to make them stand out and lacks the green rims (which ties them in with my Imperial terrain).

gallery_62972_10721_28722.jpg

gallery_62972_10721_348810.jpg

Second shot shows off the size different going from 28m to 32and the extra height. The model will be pinned.

Edited by Jolemai

LotD with melta gun

Might add some skulls to the base from the skull sprue one day but for now he's (it's?) complete.

gallery_62972_10721_27435.jpg

gallery_62972_10721_32277.jpg

gallery_62972_10721_5262.jpg

Made a mistake with the eyes but nothing I couldn't rectify and remember going forward. The flames will improve with practice, as will the base. Happy enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Legion of the Damned WIP

Thought it best to keep the ball rolling over here before I forget how I paint them...

12M Challenge - October

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of October pledge to complete 2 x Legion of the Damned models by month's end.

gallery_62972_10721_91260.jpg

To do:

• Cork base
  • Move model from battle ready to completion

Edited by Jolemai

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

A wild random WIP appears...

Guard Veteran

Quick kitbash & dryfit of a Guard Veteran... Or more likely a Henchman for my Inquisitor.

gallery_62972_10721_213721.jpeg

Still a lot left to do.

* Arms aren't quite right. May need to pin and add green stuff to any gaps.

* Add gubbins and a combat weapon maybe?

* Sort cable out. Either remove it or extend it - inside the cloak or out and add a backpack?

* Do hotshot lasguns need their barrel's drilling?

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, the right arm has dropped in the photo on the dryfit. Need to clip a bit more away and add some more bits.

This is quite ambitious for me so I'm still dithering with it. Also short on Imperial bits...

• 4 months later...

February

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete 4x Legion of the Damned, 1x Tactical Marine by month's end.

gallery_62972_10721_318395.jpeg

To do:

~ Upgrade shoulders on bolter Marines, change arm on Multi-melta, magnetise wrist on Sergeant.

~ Cork base the LotD on 32s

~ Move all to completion

Basically I want them off the backlog before I forget how I painted the previous ones...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Inquisitorial Henchmen WIP

June Amendment

Grotsmasha, I'm ahead of schedule so I'd like to enhance my vow with the following:

• 1x Inquisitorial Henchmen

gallery_62972_10948_3952.jpg

Cheers :thumbsup:

Needed a change of pace, so I've pulled this lass out to paint. She's a Raging Heroes proxy for a Death Cult Assassin or (imo) and Inquistorial Henchmen given they have all manner of unusual attendants and whatnot. I'm going to keep her on a 28mm base but bulk it with cork like I have done for my other miscellaneous Imperials and her armour will be blue like my Inquisitor(s). There could be an interesting back story here to should I ever go down that route.

• 3 months later...

Assassin and Inquisitor WIP

Been itching to do this for a while. All four Assassins and Inquisitor will move to 32mm cork bases (I did consider 28mm, but I do characters on 32mm and they are T4 so...)

Cullexus shows my first attempt at ethereal skin. Now I know how to do it and have the paints, it's getting that (as well as the rest being finished. Considering bronzes for the animus)

Eversor and Vindicare both being moved to completion; it's just layers and detail now.

Callidus I'm not going to touch as I did it when I was 15.

October

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of October pledge to complete 4x Assassin, 2x Captain, 1x Inquisitor, 1x Infantry by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_738500.jpg

To do:

• New bases for each Assassin and Inquisitor
  • Move Eversor and Vindicare to completion. Redo Cullexus' body, then move to completion
  • Infantry needs the spare ammo adding. Captains need finishing