HH Book 44: The Crimson King

hopkins

*heavy breathing*

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/Product/DefaultBL/xlarge/BLPROCESSED-The-Crimson-King-A5HB.jpg

Book 44: The Crimson King

The Horus Heresy Book 44

Exiled, hunted and reviled, the Thousand Sons Legion are adrift – as is their primarch, Magnus. But with his power and personality fracturing, drastic action is needed by the Legion if they are to avoid losing their gene-father forever.

READ IT BECAUSE
Graham McNeill's long awaited follow-up to A Thousand Sons is finally here! It sets Magnus and his Legion firmly on the road to treachery and lays the groundwork for the infamous acts that will curse them forever.

THE STORY
After the razing of Prospero, Magnus the Red spirited the Thousand Sons away to the aptly un-named Planet of the Sorcerers, deep within the Eye of Terra. Removed from the concerns of the galaxy at large and regarding the Warmaster’s unfolding Heresy with cold detachment, he has dedicated his hollow existence to the preservation of all the knowledge once held in the great libraries of Tizca, should mankind ever seek such enlightenment again. But his sons can see the change in their primarch – he is a broken soul, whose mind and memories are slipping away into the tumult of the warp. Only by returning to the scenes of his greatest triumphs and tragedies can they hope to restore him, and allow the Crimson King to be crowned anew by the Ruinous Powers.

Edited by hopkins

Besides Magnus' depiction on the cover, I simply can't wait for it.

A direct follow up of ATS?

Instantbuy!

It's the first book covering a Primarch abd a Legion within the EoT since The First Heretic, right?

*heavy breathing*

Book 44: The Crimson King

The Horus Heresy Book 44

Exiled, hunted and reviled, the Thousand Sons Legion are adrift – as is their primarch, Magnus. But with his power and personality fracturing, drastic action is needed by the Legion if they are to avoid losing their gene-father forever.

READ IT BECAUSE

THE STORY

After the razing of Prospero, Magnus the Red spirited the Thousand Sons away to the aptly un-named Planet of the Sorcerers, deep within the Eye of Terra. Removed from the concerns of the galaxy at large and regarding the Warmaster’s unfolding Heresy with cold detachment, he has dedicated his hollow existence to the preservation of all the knowledge once held in the great libraries of Tizca, should mankind ever seek such enlightenment again. But his sons can see the change in their primarch – he is a broken soul, whose mind and memories are slipping away into the tumult of the warp. Only by returning to the scenes of his greatest triumphs and tragedies can they hope to restore him, and allow the Crimson King to be crowned anew by the Ruinous Powers.

Where's the Eye of Terra then???

Great to see this finally coming, I wonder if it will explore Magnus's appearances / mentions in other works such as Deathfire, Betrayer and The Seventh Serpent? Exciting times ahead!!

Unfortunatly for us Audio fans there's no sing of Martyn Ellis reprising his role as Magnus... I'm sure that John Keeble will knock it out of the park as always, however i can't help but feel a little deflated :wacko.:

Gotta wait til June though. Sad times.

yep, 2nd half of the year will be good, as we'll also get Tallarn, Ruinstorm and Old Earth

crossing my fingers for Wolf Cull, and maybe a blockbuster on Xmas day

then there are the primarch books, audios and shorts too

my poor wallet

OH wow... I had no idea this was around the corner.

I really dislike the cartoony comicbook take on Magnus though. It strongly reminds me of a piece from Wrath of Magnus. Good Magnus artwork seems incredibly difficult to find. I've only liked the piece I use as an avatar. I think it's form Chris Wraight novel.

Can't wait for this. Still waiting for the Primarch Novel to come out in a cheaper format too. (I had to slow down on the limited editions... I just can't afford them anymore.)

Is Wolf Cull the title of an upcoming HH novel?

As far as I'm aware, not confirmed as a full novel, but to be done in some fashion. It's on the FW timeline as an event (Russ going after Horus), and Laurie Goulding did confirm it being covered in some way, but not the exact format. I'm certainly hoping for a novel, but it might end up as a novella or some such, we'll see.

Edited by Tymell

A bit sad to see old-timers like McNeill and Abnett almost stop working for BL...even though I only ever liked one McNeill work, ATS, I likes it very much and it was the first HH novel after the opening trilogy

Mr. Parker is referring to Crimson King, not The Wolves vs Horus novel ( at least I hope it's a novel but would be happy to at least hear some news about it).

Crimson King looks fantastic, shame it's such a long way off.

Ah, but Tymell did mention that its format was not disclosed

A longer short story would not be outside the realm of possibility I think

Edited by b1soul

Posted · Hidden by WarriorFish, March 2, 2017 - No reason given
Hidden by WarriorFish, March 2, 2017 - No reason given

Is this the first book since Graham McNeill moved to America?

Interested to see if it's affected his writing.

Yes it has. It's all "build a wall this, build a wall that"