95% done. Just need to find some Castellan Green for the right shoulder pad (probably the only green Citadel paint that I don't currently own :pinch:).

gallery_45765_12974_3258.png

Hidden Content

gallery_45765_12974_559850.png

gallery_45765_12974_38747.png

gallery_45765_12974_425195.png

Dosjetka,

I am loving these. However, I think that if the B&C was a chapter it'd be a bunch of Black Templars, 2-3 regulars from each chapter, three of the angriest Sororitas cannoness' you could model, and a few shady, spikey marines complaining that they don't get the carry any of the special weapons... whistlingW.gif wink.png

Been working on the Primarch along with my vow.

Alclad II pale gold airbrushed on:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/wrnjr/5DD5291B-A808-49EE-AD7E-EE754B98A3DD_zpsj8vejitl.jpg

And blocking in the Kantor Blue:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/wrnjr/19BA3ECB-CA86-461C-A445-140D1259600C_zpsbtpgtdpj.jpg

And the squad of my vow primed:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/wrnjr/59027EEA-E64E-4E11-A0E8-A83D66F7A6BE_zpsb2bzwuek.jpg

As an aside, I think I'm going to have to get a FW Custodes dread, just so I can paint a large model with that Alclad gold. Fantastic stuff.

I, Brother Captain Ed, proud member of the Ultramarines, do swear to fully paint a Veteran Assault Sergeant and two Assault Squad Brothers before Friday the 31st day of March. In that time I shall provide one 'start' picture of my model and at least one 'finish' picture of my completed models before the given deadline. If I succeed, I shall bring glory to my brothers-in-arms. If I fail, shame and grief shall be my only companions.

For Guilliman and the Emperor! Courage and Honour!

Ok, here we are. My black primer kinda crapped out on me and I was concerned about losing detail. So I switched to grey primer halfway through. So, it's not a half-assed prime job, it's just done in two colors and looks that way. Thankfully, my painting ability is such that the possible change in tone will be completely obscured by what's wrong with the rest of the paint job! msn-wink.gif

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii544/alaricgu/17078282_10154889981721263_1471513259_n_zpsdylbsyqj.jpg

Brothers, I declare my vow complete.

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii544/alaricgu/17455240_10154947867376263_512957351_o_zpsxhmgmsr9.jpg

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii544/alaricgu/17474205_10154947867256263_1626608131_o_zpsshdsw6i9.jpg

Ok, so they are done. But not much else can be said for them. I highlighted like a retarded howler monkey found a brush. I was also unable to get any sort of crispness out of the metallic, the blue, or the fields on the chainswords. Finally, there a few strange blotches from the wash. Not sure what happened, the pot is old and perhaps needs to be replaced. But, even so, it's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Anyway, the vow is complete. I haven't painted much power armor lately and it shows. More practice is in order, I guess. However, I've already moved on to Celestine and my shortcomings are blatantly apparent on such a great model. Needless to say, I am greatly discouraged this morning.

I like your Assault Marines, Ed. In my opinion, and this is just a matter of taste, they could use a dull coat/matte varnish. Oh and some texture on the base. :) Other than that great work and good luck with Celestine, I'm sure she will turn out good. Just don't lose your zeal, Brother. :)

In following the tone of my rewritten vow declaration, I Obsidian Quacker have completed my vow of one Land Raider Crusader fresh out of the forges untested in battle. No further vows will be made due to the amount of half finished projects that need finishing that could not be entered. Frankly the time it has taken to complete this probably caused by the amount of distractions I've had has put me off giving myself a deadline.

33586998205_1aceb97b30.jpg

Good work to all who got involved. With the level of quality and time taken to complete I'm sure we could kick a good amount of teeth out of some chaos things.

Advance on my vow 2/5 Marines completed. Now I'm magnetizing special weapons, heavy support and sergeant for my unit of tact, 80% advance on these 3, I hope to complete them by the weekend. In order to present my finished vow.

DSC 0976

I did my first NMM for the gold in the shoulder borders, very happy with the result but not sure if using the same tech for bigger surfaces, is a lot of work. Used Vallejo Dark Prussian Blue as base, moving up to Magic Blue.

@obsidian quacker

Nice Land raider. Those FW doors look awesome on it! Great job!

@phoenix01

Ah the esteemed Cato Sicarius. He's next on my list. Looking good! 

@Daigo Cannon

Wow, your blue looks amazing and the NMM adds to the high quality of the paint job! They look really cool, brother! 

@derLumpi

Thx I'm really putting an effort on these as I want to have them on a display base to go along with my HH novels, they are my 3rd 5 man squad and I'm very happy with my current work, would to improve on speed but that is not a factor after seen the result. I like your work on your ultras too

Brothers, my vow is complete.

primarch_vow.jpg

And individual shots of Tacticals:

tacsquad5_09.jpg

tacsquad5_10.jpg

It has been a pleasure. :) Now I need to take care of some AoS minis, but then I'm going back to Ultramarines to complete the Assault Squad for my Demi-Company. :)

Archived