Okay Brothers, it is now 15 Standard Terran minutes past the 1st hour and I will withdraw to my quarters for rest and recuperation.

I bit thee appraise my progress on this eves labours of love upon our Chapter Masters hallowed ceramite plate.

The appropriate rights and prayers have been recited to appease the armours spirit and it will be given more attention tomorrow.

gallery_93433_12432_299738.jpg

Courage and Honour.

Looking really good. For that short amount of time he looks very promising. Keep it up!

Nice to see a lot of vows. I will sit this one out but will support my fellow brothers by cheering you on from the sidelines. biggrin.png

By the decree of Brother Captain Ed or Lord Jason Mewes, I will re-word my vow.

I, Obsidian Quacker of the Azure Consuls, succesor chapter of the Ultramarines, vow to build and paint one Land Raider Crusader by the 31st of March. On completion of this vow I will bring glory to the Ultramarines and it's descendant chapters and bring needed reinforcements to the battle against the foul traitor legions and it's brethren. Further reinforcements may be available with time permitting after completion of this vow.

I, Sugarlessllama, proud member of the Astral Acolytes, who proudly trace their lineage to those First Among Equals, vow to paint one (1) unit of Space Marine Bikes before March 31, 2017! In that time I shall provide one "Start" and one "Finish" photo before the given deadline. If I succeed, I shall bring glory to my brothers-in-arms. If I fail, I shall hang my head in shame that shall be eternal. This I vow! For I am Llama! Hear me spit!!!

Edit Notes: Brother Captain Ed is right. He is mighty! And I am less so. .... But I am working on it. :D

What is going on here!?  Brothers, we do not vow by saying "Hey, I vow this model, yo."  Entering a sacred vow into a painting event upon the Emperor's Most Holy and Dedicated Bolter & Chainsword is a most serious and sober venture!  

Where is your gravitas?!  Where is your dignitas!?  Where is your noblesse?  (I would say zeal, but I don't want to pay the royalty fee to the Templars...)

Behold:

I, Brother Captain Ed, proud member of the Ultramarines, do swear to fully paint a Veteran Assault Sergeant and two Assault Squad Brothers before Friday the 31st day of March. In that time I shall provide one 'start' picture of my model and at least one 'finish' picture of my completed models before the given deadline. If I succeed, I shall bring glory to my brothers-in-arms. If I fail, shame and grief shall be my only companions.

For Guilliman and the Emperor! Courage and Honour! 

Pic to follow. 

Ok, here we are.  My black primer kinda crapped out on me and I was concerned about losing detail.  So I switched to grey primer halfway through.  So, it's not a half-assed prime job, it's just done in two colors and looks that way.  Thankfully, my painting ability is such that the possible change in tone will be completely obscured by what's wrong with the rest of the paint job!  ;)

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii544/alaricgu/17078282_10154889981721263_1471513259_n_zpsdylbsyqj.jpg

So this evening has been spent bring our Chapter Masters Armour back to it's full glory.

Tomorrow our leader will be placed within the holy suit in preparation for his meeting our honoured Primarch.

gallery_93433_12432_23493.jpg

Just the head and a final wash to do before he's done.

Good evening my Brothers.

The Chapter Master Marneus Augustus Calgar has been placed in the holy Amour of Antilochus on the same day that the source of our bloodline has been confirmed to be on his way.

Seven days from now the benevolent and wise leader of the Ultramarines will lead the Chapter in kneeling to our Primarch.

Vow 1 complete. (I will try and replace the pictures with better ones if I can get some natural lighting)

gallery_93433_12432_205564.jpg

gallery_93433_12432_72959.jpg

gallery_93433_12432_112571.jpg

Brother Captain Ed I will ensure my future vows will be made with the appropriate fervour. I go to offer myself before the council of the Chaplaincy to accept my punishment as penance.

Courage and Honour.

Brother Captain Ed I will ensure my future vows will be made with the appropriate fervour. I go to offer myself before the council of the Chaplaincy to accept my punishment as penance.

Courage and Honour.

Your dedication to completing your vow has shown us the sincerity of your fervor, brother.  Victory requires no explanation!

Courage and honor!

Update from me.

32428429524_1d544e530e.jpg

32456668183_d4842c2c52.jpg

A nice beige interior. One thing I've always wondered, why are the seats somewhat cushion-y? What comfort does a oversized man encased in thick armour get from a seat? Is it to stop him from slipping off?

"Brother Bidaphus, could you please give us prior warning to any harsh braking that may be coming up? It would be just great thanks. It's not as if The captain has gone through the engine block because he slipped off his seat again!"

Here's my first update:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/wrnjr/E0A5F5A2-1462-4FF6-AB10-A4E2D8E0466D_zpspmab1yoi.jpg

When I fished that rhino kit from the dungeon, I didn't remember that I had a set of forge world armor and doors! All the better!

The zeal and fervour of you brothers fills my hearts with pride and joy! Let it be known beyond these hallowed halls that the Ultramarines chapter has the finest and steadfast battle brothers! 

Keep it up! :)

So I thought I would also post a WIP progress photo. I'm pretty happy with my progress so far. However, I can now see why people like bike armies! They are so fast to assemble, and paint. Heck, if this were a Crimson Fist or Dark Hunter army I would almost be done!

I finished the painting and basing of my vow on saturday night with plans to finish it off by just adding decals/transfers to them yesterday.

However I broke my thumb yesterday so looks like that won't be happening. Do I need transfers on them to class them as a completed vow?

If not I'll post them up later on or tomorrow!

I finished the painting and basing of my vow on saturday night with plans to finish it off by just adding decals/transfers to them yesterday.

However I broke my thumb yesterday so looks like that won't be happening. Do I need transfers on them to class them as a completed vow?

If not I'll post them up later on or tomorrow!

Report to the Apothecarion for a bionic and get back in the fight soon Brother...

I've done it myself and am gutted for you. I took how incredibly useful a thumb is for granted until I broke mine.

Hope you heal fast.

Brothers. It is time for me to make a vow again.

I, Brother Pr3Mu5, proud member of the Ultramarines, do swear upon the tome of the Primarch to fully promote 5 Brothers from the ranks of the Chapter a Vanguard Veteran Squad before Friday the 31st day of March 2017. By that date I shall provide the logs of the Librarium with an pict capture of these warriors of the Emperors chosen both prior to and following the process of their ascension. If I succeed, I shall bring glory to my brothers-in-arms. If I fail, shame and grief shall be my only companions.

Their path to the honoured ranks of the First of the Chapter begins here.

For Guilliman and the Emperor! Courage and Honour! 

Re vowing in the proper way and adding image

I, Brother Daigo Cannon, proud member of the Ultramarines, Son of Macragge and Guardian of the 500 worlds of Ultramar, do swear to to bring to full combat capability 5 Tactical MArines before Friday the 31st day of March. In that time I shall provide one 'start' picture of my model and at least one 'finish' picture of my completed models before the given deadline. If I succeed, I shall bring glory to my brothers-in-arms, Chapter and Primarch. If I fail, shame and grief shall be my only companions.

For Guilliman and the Emperor! Courage and Honor!

RR_March17_vow1

Many thanks for the well wishes regarding my thumb brothers. Have to wear a splint for the next 4 weeks, likely putting me out from getting anymore vows completed. Serves me right for trying to play sports!!

Anyway, I'm just glad I managed to get these guys done. I really enjoyed painting them which is a new feeling as I hate painting, so I think another purchase of some Cataphractii is in order.

http://i.imgur.com/z5G9ZTs.jpg

James

4 weeks? You have my best wishes brother!

May I be so bold to suggest that you start the next sport event with a prayer to the Emperor and our primarch on your lips. "The Emperor protects!" :)

Archived