Brother and sisters, apologies for my absence these past few days. Real life is relentless in its beating and unfortunately I have had to deal with other matters which take precedence over keeping an eye on the B&C and this event.

I have however found a bit of free time this morning so I'll make sure I update the participants list (we already have a couple of completions from what I have seen!).

In any case, it's great to see people motivated to participate in this! Keep up the good work! :tu:

+ List updated to this point. +

Great work so far from everyone who's posted their in progress pictures. We even have a couple of completions: congratulations to both Pr3Mu5 and Wulox! thumbsup.gif

Here's a shot of my in progress Vanguard Vets.

This is Cohors Primo Velites Posterior VIII Squad Densus. It is the fraternal twin to Velites Prior VII Squad Sempronius, who are together known as "Loyalty and Honour".

gallery_37154_11353_856076.jpg

I am loving the awesome models I am seeing! I hope to have some completed models to contribute soon. I was away at New Employee Orientation all this week, so no painting. However, I on the home stretch! Woot!

I vow to enlist the aid of Primarch Roboute Guilliman and Lord Marneus Calgar, as well as reinforce the Vth Tactical Squad with 2 Battle-Brothers and the VIIth Assault Squad with one Battle-Brother until the end of March. If I fail in my vow, I will bear the badge of shame until midsummer.

Sorry about the pic taken with a peeled potato (hence the shakiness)

ultrasreinformarch.jpg

It wasn't very hard to put together, but there were some surprisingly small parts, especially in the backpack area which reminded me of assembling 1/35 WW2 panzer models, like small pipes and such. The sculpt is incredibly detailed at the cost of not really being able to change his pose unless you're very confident.

I decided to tackle the part that's easiest to mess up first, so the helmetless head is done and the base is halfway through. :)

rghead.jpg

It wasn't very hard to put together, but there were some surprisingly small parts, especially in the backpack area which reminded me of assembling 1/35 WW2 panzer models, like small pipes and such. The sculpt is incredibly detailed at the cost of not really being able to change his pose unless you're very confident.

I decided to tackle the part that's easiest to mess up first, so the helmetless head is done and the base is halfway through. smile.png

rghead.jpg

Very nice. Shows that the head can actually turn out alright despite GWs pictures.

I picked my Primarch up today and after a 3500 pt game where Calgar wrought carnage against the enemies of reason (the crazed heathens of the Blood Angels Death Co) I read the Rise of the Primarch book back to front. Tomorrow begins work on his resurrection. He will be my next vow to be completed amongst my current dedication.

Keep it up Brothers.

Courage and Honour!

Excellent! I picked mine up today,and I'll begin working on him tomorrow. Too tired tonight after 12 hrs on the road. It's an awesome looking miniature. Beautifully detailed.

I've been thinking of painting him using the method Duncan uses to paint his Thousand Sons: paint him overall gold then block in the Kantor Blue for the armor (I using the darker blue). That might be my ticket.

Sorry for the double post but wow... Ill be straight ka-jiggered if Guilliman isn't THE most impressive miniature I've ever seen... Wow. Pics don't do the sprues justice. Wow. Really looking forward to clipping and cleaning the big man tomorrow after work. Wow. (Sorry if off-topic... All self-respecting 'sons of Guilliman' need to go get... Well... Guilliman) wow factor of 30 bazamillions.

I was just working on my Primarch model, and the feed belt for the heavy bolter is not in my kit! I've scoured my work desk, vacuumed and sifted the canister-all to no avail. I admit as exhausted as I have been, I don't check all the frames when I started. I simply stared on step 1 and went from there.

Do you think GW customer service could be if any help?

rgwip1.jpg

Thank you Brothers. Abadizzle, I totally agree -- this is the most detailed miniature I've touched with a brush so far. The base is finished and varnished, now working on the legs and torso. Sub-assemblies are definitely the way to go with this model.

The ammo feed is part number 38, top-right corner of the sprue with the base. Are you sure it's not there?

It's a towering miniature, even over my taller marines!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/wrnjr/E76A3E96-B9AF-4DE6-9FD3-6C1A4751EEAB_zpskylcng6d.jpg

And here's my part 38 frame:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/wrnjr/2C5CA8CA-C262-4701-88BD-90A466191585_zpsueeeq1qe.jpg

I saw that lad night like I said, and had a panic attack.

So, I'm looking to jump in with Guilliman, but I may have got a little excited.....I've sprayed him with Retributor Armour and hit him with Riekland Fleshshade, any chance he's still eligable or have I gone too far?

Cheers,

Jono

Thunder_god maybe you could get ahold of the devastator heavy bolter and somehow modify its ammo feed? It's not identical but maybe would do the trick?

Grotsmasha it's totally alright, now I would recommend a drybrush of Auric Armour Gold and another one of Runefang Steel. The downside is then you have to take a small brush and do all the blue armour inbetween those embellishments. I sprayed the model with Macragge Blue, but still had to do that cleanup after drybrushing golds.

Ok I think I'm about halfway through. Now it's time for the backpack.

rgwip2.jpg

Brothers, forgive me for the slow progress since my latest vow, I have been sent away for work until the end of next week so I have limited time at weekends (I have considered locking myself away from the children for both full days) and the fact that I had arranged a rather large game yesterday.

That being said some progress has been made and Veteran Sergeant Ulixes of the First Company is ready for duty and is awaiting the rest of his squad.

gallery_93433_12432_144653.jpg

Those of you completing Guilliman I am proud of you.

The Primarch awaits my attention once my current vow is complete.

to all...

Courage and Honour!

Grotsmasha it's totally alright, now I would recommend a drybrush of Auric Armour Gold and another one of Runefang Steel. The downside is then you have to take a small brush and do all the blue armour inbetween those embellishments. I sprayed the model with Macragge Blue, but still had to do that cleanup after drybrushing golds.

Just making sure, because *technically* I'm one step further than the Rules allow.

I'll continue non the less, I'd just like it to be eligible.

Cheers,

Jono

Archived