Tich's Prospero Project - (Back in the groove, March 2024)

just a quick update today:

Needed a break from red and gold:

35585294316_266d148298_k.jpg

Plan is to use them on a base as a "mini-diorama"

also hopefully get this guy painted up at the weekend (when I heard that Cawl had been messing with all 20 Primarch gene-seed I couldn't resist) might end up just a one off, we'll see.

35585301406_39e5b66641_k.jpg

Edited by Tichinde

quick update for today:

just need to find a suitable base for this guy:

35638240326_4cacd418f4_c.jpg

35638248796_83349baaca_c.jpg

bit more work on this:

35638219756_a37b654a1a_c.jpg

and this:

35638229446_9539b11728_c.jpg

and finally, something to represent the hidden warp-gates of Tizca in the process of breaking up as the warp manifests (if you know what I mean):

34868563443_7a83c600fd_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to try something a little different: instead of making/buying more things to paint, try and get through some of troops in the queue already!

first up, breachers! (planning to add a close combat weapon/sword to these guys shortly):

36033480185_cde2107e23_c.jpg

36033476335_e4e2ab9b0c_c.jpg

Squad leader got a sword:

35899748031_cd5d825c8b_c.jpg

35899743391_db9d4932ba_c.jpg

Primaris close up:

35899739301_b05587be05_z.jpg

and tutorial guy just needs a base:

35899731971_01daf10cf5_z.jpg35899735461_21261047b1_z.jpg

Edited by Tichinde

Wow! I've gotta say, that Primaris at the top of the page knocked my socks off. Very, very nice and the paintjob works strikingly well with it!

I'd been very iffy about Mk.X armour turning up in the Heresy for a whole host of reasons - but the way you've done that, looks pretty legit indeed :D 

Totally agree, I'm not a huge fan of what the Primaris represent fluff wise but as a collector/painter I quite liked the look of them (and the potential).

I don't think I'd use them in a 30K game, (although as Magnus was one of the larger Primarchs you could argue that some of his sons might be larger than normal)...

my current long term plan for them is to put enough together I can use them as "loyalist" Primaris to try out the new version of 40k (after reading that Cawl had access to samples from all 20 Primarchs to create them) but at the moment its just a fun side-project.

I really enjoy those TS of yours! I love how those 30k and 40k bits mix.

Would you be so kind and could you make a photo of the osiron sword next to your leviathans sword? I want to do something similar and I need to know how long the osirons sword is.

you are welcome, I love what you've been doing with the 40K variants in your thread, especially the daemon prince. looking forward to seeing the completed Contemptor!

I will get round to doing some more 40k Thousand Sons at some point :-)

since my base making skills are as good as "stick some sand/flock on it and paint" for these I used resin bases from various sources.

started off with Micro art studio Arcane Ruins:

http://shop.microartstudio.com/arcane-bases-round-40mm-2-p-891.html

(these will be seen on the terminators when I get round to them)

then for most of the Tactical marines I am using these:

https://tabletop-art.de/Ancestral-Ruins

then I discovered dragonforge (best ones so far) and using the original Ancient Ruins set (Osiron base and some tactical marines):

http://www.dragonforge.com/Painting%20service/for%20sale/base_sets/sci-fi/ancient%20ruins.htm

and the Occult-7 set (used for Breachers and upcoming robot):

http://www.dragonforge.com/Painting%20service/for%20sale/base_sets/sci-fi/occult-7.htm

they also do a nice Egypt set :-)

then I add some quartz bits and the odd helmet/weapon/book/candle and paint them using the same colour palette just to bring them all together

I'm putting a painting tutorial together on how I paint them so it should be up soon.

Edited by Tichinde

Great job Tichinde ! 

At the beginning I was not really convinced by the color scheme, but now that you're addind more and more miniatures to the army, the color scheme is actually making much sense and works perfectly !

thanks! originally I was looking for a base that matched the tiles from the boxed game but some of them are quite dark, I opted for a more "Tizca during the day" scheme with all polished marble/white stone and gold to match some of the artwork. my only concern was that some of the models with lots of white cloaks/shoulders could get lost among the base but I seem to have gotten away with it (the contrast with the metallic red helps!)

So all this talk of bases has made me finish off the painting tutorial:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/336154-heresy-thousand-sons-metallic-no-air-brush-required/?p=4838293

but here is the end result:

35440202614_8c10a0f121_z.jpg

oh, and I gave the Breachers some close combat weapons for when things get up close and dangerous (mainly as it looked cool):

36139667471_27eab62d5e_c.jpg

36139658431_f61a569cbd_c.jpg

Tich.