For the love of Russ

Darklighter

Mother of god.

What are you doing with the snow?

The Snow was provided with the commission I believe it is the GW snow (that's no longer available according the their web site today!) I applied it in layers to build up the thickness of it with PVA glue I've sealed it in with matt Varnish. The bases also have some water effect on and Agrax washes to look like a bits of melt water to add more interest when closely inspected.... Although the wording of your question implies (to me) you think it's madness to put snow bases on these models or that I've some how done it wrong (I could have it's the first time I've used the stuff to be fair)... I might just of been reading to much into it. I hope my answer helps?

• 2 weeks later...
Next edition to the army is Bjorn.

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq292/Troggman/Space%20Wolves/SDC17118_zpsjipywmy0.jpghttp://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq292/Troggman/Space%20Wolves/SDC17116_zpsazntjtho.jpg

I'm not sure when I'll be asked to add more to this army but I've been told there are plans for another 2k points including some Grey Knights... Could get interesting!

Edited by Darklighter

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys I really appreciate the feedback. I'm glad most of the criticism is down to personal preference rather than anything I've done to offend the great wolf. I am quite looking forward to getting more of these to paint

How did you get that grey color on the armor

The grey is built up with an air brush from a black base then through gradients at ever increasing angles to create a contrast. I worked up with Vallejo Black Grey covering about 90% of the model from a shallow angle. Then I moved up to Medium Gunship Grey and covered maybe 60% of the models and a 45-ish degree angle. Then finally a watered down Cold Grey hits all the top surfaces.  Obviously you can either make this really in your face or keep it subtle. I went for a little more subtlety as I though it would suit this army more that way, but it's personal choice really both can look good. 

Excellent work. The Wolves look great in battleship gray armor, and Bjorn's gilded reliefs are well done (though the First Jarl will undoubtedly refer to such decorations as "dead weight" in private).

I'm sure he'd be livid if he had to stare at them all day, lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
It seems like forever since I finished a model... I know it hasn't been but I usually work at such a quick pace it just feels odd!

I have more for the Space Wolf commission army

SDC18309.JPG

SDC18311.JPG

... I say more I already how more units awaiting paint to add to these guys.

I can already see a marked improvement in my skills and the time to complete units for this army has almost halved as I have the scheme down that well now. There's also talk of adding more Grey knights... This will be a 10k point commission by the time I've finished I'm sure! It must mean I have a very happy client though.

• 1 month later...