Heresy Era Death Guard

Slippy

Hi Guys, 

I started a Horus Heresy XIVth Legion a while back. To keep myself motivated I started a blog:

https://acanofphosphex.wordpress.com

I am slowly amassing a playable army :)

I started that blog a while ago not realising I might wanted to post my pics to forums to get some feedback. To save myself the hassle of having to copy-paste all the pictures, I linked to my blog. 
Couldn't find anything in the site rules about this, so I am assuming that is not problem :)

Thanks for checking my Legion and please leave me some feedback!

Thanks

Slippy

Really gorgeous! How have you painted them?! I am currently doing Salamanders, but at one point I will join the Dark Side, and I am considering doing Death Guard...or Night Lords...or Sons of Horus...or something entirely different!

But, please: the recipe! My Salamanders need to standing on corpses of the XIVth Legion!

Cheers!

Master Ciaphas

As above, the smooth and crisp tones will make their collective display an awesome sight to behold!

You've left a lot of your brass trim clean and shiny which stands out in their 'clean' look.  Has this been a deliberate move or have you considered any weathering or patina to match your other damage/weathering?

Keep up the great work and please don't be afraid to add a group image directly here so we can bask in the glory of the XIVth!

Thank you for all the compliments and feedback, I really appreciate it smile.png

Magos Kasen: Thanks! That's very cool to hear!

Master Ciaphas: I was very much inspired by Warhammer TV's Death Guard guide. You can find it here: youtube.com/watch?v=kMLgofiXBEQ

Basically it's a Corax White undercoat, Rakarth Flesh armour tone with Agrax Earthshade washes (only in the recesses!) and Pallid Wych Flesh highlights on all the edges. I do a lot more edge highlighting than is shown in the video. It's more (and a bit tedious) work but I think it looks nice. The green is Castellan Green covered by Loren Forest. The metal parts are Leadbelcher, Nuln Oil, Leadbelcher, and a silver colour. The battledamage is Rhinox hide (sponges and painted on) with Pallid Wych Flesh highlights. The gold is Aurix Gold, Seraphim Sepia was, Aurix Gold and then the lighter gold (Liberator? not sure). The base is Dryad Bark, Nuln Oil Wash, dry brush Dryad Bark, dry brush 50% Dryad Bark 50% Karak Stone, then soft dry brush of Karak Stone. The transfers are from Forgeworld using Microset/Microsol and gloss + matt varnish (order is: gloss varnish, microset (blue), transfer, microsol (red), gloss varnish, matt varnish). Make sure to apply transfers before battle damage.

Then theres some Typhus corrosion on both the base as well as the feet. There's some gloss varnish over the Typhus Corrosion on the bases to create a wet-muddy kind of look.

Infyrana: Thank you for the feedback. It's good that you mention this, the gold is one of those thing that I am too fond of right now. I didn't want a copper look, but the gold and how shiny it is kind of dominates the view especially on the Mk III marines. I'm considering washing them with Seraphim Sepia to dull them out. How would you suggest weathering the gold? Not sure what 'patina' means.

Once I've finished some more marines (I really need some more painted up!) I'll post some pictures of the collection so far. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived