Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iron Warriors lay seige to Acadiana

Iron Warriors Chaos space marines Wip Acadian Crusade

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

++ SECTURATOR BIPENNIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,617 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Ok. So I'm still brain storming. I have more pressing projects this year than my IW, but I'm at work and marinating in the subject.

Nothing set in Iron yet, but I have 40 to 60 mark III plastics and 5 cataphractii plastics and the plastic Cataphracti captain set aside for my IW.

I'm a bit truescale/primari'size crazy how, so the mk3s may either become an epic amount of work, or be sold off in favor of an easier option...

But I noticed the cataphractii captain is damn near as tall as a primaris already. And that's too if head, not too if the overhead armour! I suspect it may be within less than a milimeter even! So that's good!

The trouble is the cataphractii CPT is already assembled with that plastic glue that melts the plastic together (eBay deal for as good as I thought, oops) so conversion may be harder than I thought.

As it is, I was not sure what I wanted to do about the chain fist arm.

My old play around lists had the following for my chaos lord. (bear in mind this was 7th and I may end up mostly playing 7th so IDK, I'll add an 8th equiv) edit, nvm, for 8th, just ignore the "siegebreaker" artefact.

Chaos lord, terminator armour, Combi melta(or plasma),siege breaker mace, or black mace.

So... I was going to use this awesome mace bit from the WFB warriors of chaos "chaos knights" kit. It's right handed, necessitating removing the multimelta right hand from the mini. So then I need to figure out how to remove the changing and put a multimelta either on the left hand. Or maybe some cool over the shoulder "presator" style weapon... That might fit the "warsmith" style of the IW. Hmmm....
What signature?

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,617 posts
oU0awgGd_o.png
ghf81RGR_o.png

WIP. Lord for my Iron Warriors. Going for a "black mace" and Combi melta.

Thoughts? I need to add some details. But IDK what I want to do yet exactly.
  • Brother Clavero, Pearson73, sfPanzer and 1 other like this
What signature?

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,668 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

Really liking that conversion, especially the underslung combi-melta.

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,617 posts
Thanks. I don't want to over do it. So I'll see what I can come up with for details. He needs a little bit of something to make him more obviously chaos and at iron warrior. Just so easy to over do it. Maybe the kataphron kit will provide something useful.

Oh and the cape definitely needs to be a bit less pristine too.

Edited by Canadian_F_H, 03 January 2019 - 10:27 PM.

• Pearson73 likes this
What signature?

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,668 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

Perhaps some runes or icons of chaos undivided? The IV aren't particularly devout, are they?

Adding in some trophies such as loyalist helms or skulls could work too, but, as you say, easy to go overboard.

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,617 posts

Perhaps some runes or icons of chaos undivided? The IV aren't particularly devout, are they?

Adding in some trophies such as loyalist helms or skulls could work too, but, as you say, easy to go overboard.

yeah.  they arent very devout comparatively by the time of 40k.  certainly weren't to begin with.  they went renegade for purely secular reasons.  they are renowned for amputating any and all mutations and replacing them with bionics...  honestly i suspect the influence of chaos happened after the events of "angel exterminatus"

Spoiler

personally i prefer to view the Iron Warriors as actually being purely a Renegade Legion, NOT devoted to Chaos or any of Lorgar's Drivel.

What signature?

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 813 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

Chaos warrior shields and bits also look nice on chaos bikers - here's a link to a post with some of mine:  http://www.bolterand...dren/?p=5062299

And your terminator lord looks great, though he does need a little more knife work to make him look less pristine. :)

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui, 07 January 2019 - 10:51 PM.

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,617 posts
Indeed. That's the plan. At bare minimum the cape is WAY to pristine! Lol

I have some awesome model railroad chain and my bro has an epic pile of warriors of chaos bits right now... So when I can refocus on this project I'll have a lot to work with.
What signature?

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,179 posts

they are renowned for amputating any and all mutations and replacing them with bionics...  

Just to clarify, they lop off any non-useful mutations - IW are pragmatitsts, after all. If it can serve a purpose in battle, like diamond skin, razor talons, hand that shoots daemon fire, they'll likely keep it.

Weird small tentacles or man buns get the chop.

• Gederas, MaliGn and sfPanzer like this

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,617 posts
I must have misread that then.
What signature?

MaliGn

MaliGn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,000 posts
Cause me this went wrong ignore please.

Edited by MaliGn, 11 January 2019 - 10:23 PM.

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,617 posts
So... Since I don't like the old nor the new obliterators, I must continue to formulate a plan to build them from something else.

I kind of like the idea I've been brewing in my mind of my warband attempting to gain unfair advantage my enslaving abominable intelligences via scrounged MoI STCs etc. (and to give it that double edged grim dark, the AI they have enslaved may actually have their darkmech and warsmith under its influence)

Anyhow. I want to build entirely mechanical obliterators and I've been struggling for a while with it... Depending on their scale tho, I may have an idea.

What about the "ambots" from necromunda as a basis? I have a bunch of bits I'll have left over from a box of kataphrons Im really only using the tank tracks from right now.

Anybody have a good idea of their size vs nu-marines, primaris, old-blits, nu-blits etc?

I'm thinking a new "skullier" head and a "too many" of the gnarly guns from the kataphrons would do the trick perhaps?
What signature?

Marqol

Marqol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 274 posts

Ambots are perfect I think. A few extra weapons and they are a worthy of assault 6. I agree with you about the Obliterators. I think they look cool but they are more hellbrute than techno machine flesh metal monstrosity. Maybe IG heavy weapon squad weapons could be useful? Put them on the shoulders a bit like a (excuse me for the example) a blastoise. 

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,617 posts
Well. Not the best image, but it has everything I think we needed to know about them sizewise.

https://encrypted-tb...gwaLSkxWo4SkCK8
  • Marqol and Dr_Ruminahui like this
What signature?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iron Warriors, Chaos space marines, Wip, Acadian Crusade

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)