Spoilers! Guy Haley's New work in progress BA title

Rafen IX

I doubt we will get an Aphael to be honest... I kind of hope we don't seeing as I like mine!

I would take or leave a dante depending on how good he was seeing as again, I like mine. Same for mephiston.

(Who am I kidding, I'd love new ones)

I'm more concerned with fluff and rules than models at the moment. Based on the Death Company Chaplain that came out not too long ago, I am not too worried about what new BA heroes would look like. 

I am concerned with 1. Rules. By the Throne do we need to be brought in line with the rest of the game, not to mention post-Celestine/RG times 2. Fluff: reports on the new Dante and Mephiston books sound promising, but please please please please GW, do us justice. 

Mephiston's model is old, and he just got a book. Dante's model is old, and he just got a premium book. The Sanguinor's model isn't that old, but...

Triumvirate of Blood, anyone?

(Probably too much to hope for, I know!)

Very unlikely just because of those things. :biggrin.:

Triumvirate 1: Celestine didn't get a new book, the other two are completely new

Triumvirate 2: All of them are completely new and none got a book (obviously lol)

Triumvirate 3: Cypher didn't get a new book the other two are new/new-ish

:wink:

I honestly don't even take it as given that we'll get even more Triumvirate bundles to be honest. Magnus and Khârn didn't come in something like that either. Maybe it was just a Gathering Storm thing. ^^

Edited by sfPanzer

It's worth noting that there are a few prophecies that point to at least Dante and some Angels surviving and making it to Terra.

One is from a Black Legion prophet saying how he will be present at the time of ending, falling upon the traitors like divine wrath. The other is the visions of Sanguinius, saying that a BA wearing Sanguinius' face will stand in defence of the Emperor.

It is Baal's fate that is uncertain, not our Chapters.

I have a distinct feeling that, like legions in a chaos army, we will be relegated to a mere "warband of dudes" after this is done: fit only for legend and history of our once glorious splendor.

My guess, Dante and Mephiston will probably be the only ones left. Corbs has a 50/50 shot with his forecasting ability and a handful of BA/SanguinaryGuard.

I have a distinct feeling that, like legions in a chaos army, we will be relegated to a mere "warband of dudes" after this is done: fit only for legend and history of our once glorious splendor.

My guess, Dante and Mephiston will probably be the only ones left. Corbs has a 50/50 shot with his forecasting ability and a handful of BA/SanguinaryGuard.

That's okay. My chapter of choice are the Knights of Blood anyway. Can't get much worse unless you are a Lamenter. :D

Very OK with Baal getting feasted on and the BA story developing. As it's been pointed out not the first time the Chapter's been decimated, and who knows we may just see BA and their successors reformed into a Legion-esque entity (for a period of time or permanently) over it due to the crippling losses they're sure to weather throughout the fight.

So, Dante reminded us of something else...

Where most marines take around 5 years to go from child to neophyte, a blood angel is made in 1 year.

So actually recouping losses seems totally believable IF we have some priests left and a stock of gene seed to work with.

Our chapter made a full bounce back from 50 guys within a few centuries, I'm not worried in the slightest.

See I never took that number seriously. I assumed a decimal was missing somewhere or maybe there was a missplaced 1.

Nah, it's a real number. One I don't really like but it is real.

I honestly can't think of anything more fitting for the character of the Blood Angels than abandoning Baal so that they could rush to the defense of Terra. If there's any consistent theme in the fluff about our chapter it's sacrifice.

I'm personally very interested in how many BA/successors make it out alive. Guilliman's forces were decimated in GSIII, I wouldn't be surprised to see great droves of marines wiped out.