Spoilers! Guy Haley's New work in progress BA title

Rafen IX

Also, according to prior stories, our gene seed is very delicate and linked strongly to the strain of humanity found on Baal and Baal Secondus. IF our system buys the farm, its going to be interesting to see how we cope with future recruitment into the chapter!

Of course in any Sci-Fi/Fantasy setting solutions are as simple as the movement of the pen ... but still, it makes you think how they will work around that? Please please don't pull any silly retcon crap with it.

^ What stories were those? It's physically impossible for that to be the case considering we have a decent number of successors scattered around the Galaxy. (I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I would personally find it difficult to accept those stories based on the other evidence). Edited by Arkangilos

^ What stories were those? It's physically impossible for that to be the case considering we have a decent number of successors scattered around the Galaxy. (I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I would personally find it difficult to accept those stories based on the other evidence).

Maybe my terminology as delicate was wrong, but it has been mentioned a few times our process produces a high number of failures and our gene seed is heavily linked to the Baalite humans. At 45 I can no longer remember exactly where I've read that? TBH I may have taken it from someone else's comments on this board or on the Drop A Pod On It FB page for us?

Maybe from Space Wolf fluff? They need Fenris DNA - I've never read that BA geneseed needs Baalite DNA.

As Ark says, this would mean that all of our successors would need to recruit from Baal, which just doesn't happen :)

Baal is, however, necessary for the BA's "hopeful" streak. The nature of the Chapter would be changed if they started recruiting from say, Ultramar.

Isn't there something in the Codex about only the strongest surviving the process to create Astartes from Baalite humans, because of the effect that the harsh nature the environment has had on them, that gives Blood Angels Astartes from Baal certain unique characteristics? So there would be differences if the 'source material' changes.

Just had a thought.

What if the BA barely 'survive' the Tyranid attack with only few Marines alive. They flee to Terra (for whatever reason)....and they become the first Chapter to get the Marine 2.0 treatment from RG because even better Marines would fit nicely for the shock&awe legion plus BA are one of the most respected legions/chapter still existing so RG would probably want them to stick around. :P

Just had a thought.

What if the BA barely 'survive' the Tyranid attack with only few Marines alive. They flee to Terra (for whatever reason)....and they become the first Chapter to get the Marine 2.0 treatment from RG because even better Marines would fit nicely for the shock&awe legion plus BA are one of the most respected legions/chapter still existing so RG would probably want them to stick around. :P

One of my best friends thinks rg will excommunicate the blood angels because of the red thirst and black rage. I really doubt it, personally.

Just had a thought.

What if the BA barely 'survive' the Tyranid attack with only few Marines alive. They flee to Terra (for whatever reason)....and they become the first Chapter to get the Marine 2.0 treatment from RG because even better Marines would fit nicely for the shock&awe legion plus BA are one of the most respected legions/chapter still existing so RG would probably want them to stick around. :tongue.:

One of my best friends thinks rg will excommunicate the blood angels because of the red thirst and black rage. I really doubt it, personally.

That's actually very unlikely imo.

If he kills off BA he also has to deal with Space Wolves. RG is smart enough to not make even more enemies or drive them to join forces with an already existing threat.

Not saying what I said above is very likely tho. Just a fun thought I had and something that would make me instantly like the idea of Marines 2.0 :D

Yeah, our gene seed has a very high mortality rate (as we now know, some succumb to black rage or red thirst before even being reborn as a full astartes)

It also seems to have a far stronger predisposition for making the Astartes look like sanguinius than many others do for their respective primarch.

Yeah, our gene seed has a very high mortality rate (as we now know, some succumb to black rage or red thirst before even being reborn as a full astartes)

It also seems to have a far stronger predisposition for making the Astartes look like sanguinius than many others do for their respective primarch.

Must....resist....posting the novel cover with Azkaellon and the other dude.....argh!

http://i.imgur.com/t8W73T1.png

I failed. :(

Must....resist....posting the novel cover with Azkaellon and the other dude.....argh!

http://i.imgur.com/t8W73T1.png

I failed. :(

I'm going by written descriptions in Dante over that pretty bad picture haha. But I didn't say predisposition and didn't say all

Just had a thought.

What if the BA barely 'survive' the Tyranid attack with only few Marines alive. They flee to Terra (for whatever reason)....and they become the first Chapter to get the Marine 2.0 treatment from RG because even better Marines would fit nicely for the shock&awe legion plus BA are one of the most respected legions/chapter still existing so RG would probably want them to stick around. :tongue.:

The concern at that point is what happens to our existing models. I don't really want to be forced to start a new army, you know?

Just had a thought.

The concern at that point is what happens to our existing models. I don't really want to be forced to start a new army, you know?

I understand but yeah I really doubt that's gonna happen anyway.

As mentioned several times in the N&R section, it's gonna be something new added to the current situation and not a replacement. ;)

The primary concern is getting squatted (always say "squat" or "squatters" or "squatted" in a Shrek voice) . Irrational fear? Perhaps, but that's every player's fear some level. I don't how likely that is, but it's there.

The secondary concern is "technical" squatting....the TKO, if you will. Where the new stuff is so good or meta changing, that it's almost worse where you're kept around just so you don't leave....but it's so painfully obvious that you're "supposed" to hop on board with the new stuff.

The tertiary concern is that is just divides up the dev's attention even further, so FAQ's come out slower, rules are sloppier, balance is even less pretended to be aimed for....

The quarterrny concern is that it creates even more Imperial stuff and thus the xenos players we desperately need to keep the hobby alive vanish. 

That's not being negative, but just mapping out all the possible ways this could (we can only wait and see) end badly for us. 

The tertiary concern is that is just divides up the dev's attention even further, so FAQ's come out slower, rules are sloppier, balance is even less pretended to be aimed for....

That's not being negative, but just mapping out all the possible ways this could (we can only wait and see) end badly for us. 

That won't ever change unless half of the existing stuff gets squatted tho...something nobody obviously wants. :D

Also that's exactly what it means to be negative. :P

I mean, this probably could have gone into the thread that was going on already, but here's a copy/paste for those who don't want to load more on their phones. Seems like a description has been added to the book that wasn't there before.

The popular Space Marine Battles series is relaunched with an epic novel that sees the whole Blood Angels Chapter in action, fighting a desperate rearguard battle to defend their home world from the predations of the tyranid hive fleet Leviathan.

After a brutal campaign in the Cryptus System fighting the alien tyranids, Lord Dante returns to Baal to marshal the entire Blood Angels Chapter and their Successors against Hive Fleet Leviathan. Thus begins the greatest conflict in the history of the sons of Sanguinius. Despite a valiant battle in the void around Baal, the Blood Angels are unable to stop the tyranids drawing ever closer, but their petitions for reinforcements are met with dread news. The Cadian Gate, the Imperium’s most stalwart bastion against Chaos, has fallen. In their darkest hour, no help will reach the beleaguered Dante and his warriors. Is this truly then the Time of Ending?

EDIT: dang I hate when the white background of a site shows up, tried making the text black over again but failed. Sorry if that's ridiculously hard to read on mobile :sad.:

EDIT v2: Ha! seems like I won.

Edited by NTaW

I'm sure most of you know that I am a proponent for bringing Sanguinius back, so I'll spare my thoughts in that regard.

In terms of the upcoming book, I'm really excited to see where this story leads. The Cryptus System campaign books were great and I am looking forward to more BA/FT bro-mance. I just hope the successor chapters get their proper face time, especially the Knights of Blood. Furthermore, please let the Lamenter's finally show up and hang out with their primogenitors, I wanna see yellow and red DC rip through 'Nids.