Nice to see some great progress, well done everyone! Have all my likes :D I'm in the middle of moving house so I'm starting to get nervous about finishing my vow. I've made more progress where I can but I'm moving this Friday. I've refused to pack my 40K stuff away yet, I'll try and keep them out for as long as I can to squeeze in more painting. Wish me luck!

I,Cap'n Heckus, hereby pledge the forces of the Agamemnos Prime Planetary Defense Force under Colonel Bolivar Hesk to the capture of Loria in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of 1 Nork Deddog at 85 points will do his duty no matter the cost.

gallery_69131_9372_430083.jpg

Nork (counts as) is converted from the new Blood Bowl Ogre. I particularly liked the "diving into harm's way" pose. Should I finish him with time to spare I will pledge the Lord Commissar pictured here as my next piece.

Edited by Cap'm Heckus

I'm in the middle of moving house so I'm starting to get nervous about finishing my vow. I've made more progress where I can but I'm moving this Friday. I've refused to pack my 40K stuff away yet, I'll try and keep them out for as long as I can to squeeze in more painting. Wish me luck!

You can do it. It may not be easy, but you can do it. We're rooting for you.

@Cap'm Heckus. Thats an inspired conversion of the Blood Bowl Ogre!

I thought I would share my slow progress to date. I've got Col Prins complete along with the company standard (which looks a touch average, it might grow on me better when the model is painted). Hopefully I've given myself enough time to finish the final 4 grunts.

gallery_72518_9307_360397.jpg

gallery_72518_9307_134991.jpg

01001001 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110111 01100001 01101011 01100101 01101110 01100101 01100100 00101110 00100000 01010000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000

Photos Friday :)

Looks fine to me, you're braver than me painting so much White, it's a skill I haven't mastered yet!Its 

Thanks Jam Master Flex.

Its taken bout 5 years of experimenting, with some good advice from the Fraters i the Barracks to help me along the way (esp Elmo). I've found over the last 6 months moving to a wet palette helps me achieve a smoother finish with the white. My technique is to lay a light grey base, dry brush white to pick up the raised edges and accentuate the recesses then fill in the gaps with thinned coats of ceramite white.

I'm in the middle of moving house so I'm starting to get nervous about finishing my vow. I've made more progress where I can but I'm moving this Friday. I've refused to pack my 40K stuff away yet, I'll try and keep them out for as long as I can to squeeze in more painting. Wish me luck!

You can do it. It may not be easy, but you can do it. We're rooting for you.

Cheers Honda! :) All moved house and I did find some time to paint last week before everything got packed away. I have the evenings this week to get everything done and I think it's doable. Anyway, after a weeks absence it's always nice to see more progress made, well done peeps - I shall hold up my end! :D

Looks good, gents.

I had every intention of keeping the ball rolling after the first phase, but with children and an unexpected death in the family I just couldn't log the hours to make a vow.  I barely finished three marines (yes, three singular marine models, not three units or characters) for the Reinforcement Rush.

Lots of good work in here and I hope to add to it next time.

I, WarriorFish, hereby pledge the forces of the 144th Arukan under Lord Commander Firionel to the capture of Ioria in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of 1 Commissar with plasma pistol at 40pts will do his duty no matter the cost.

gallery_30308_10604_34835.jpg

Blurb

Hidden Content
Attached to the secretive household guard of the Inquisitor Lord, Commissar Dravin is as stern and uncompromising as you'd expect. His roaring voice carries effortlessly across the battlefield and he sets a fine example in killing for the God-Emperor, always making sure to put himself wherever he can make the most difference. An utterly humourless man who considers duty first and probably nothing second he nonetheless follows in the long-standing tradition of Arukani Commissars who take their role as exemplars very seriously. While hard to like with no real personality to speak of he is respected for never asking for something he wouldn't do himself - his bionic arm attesting to that as the cost of a suicidal grenade charge against a Carnifex.

"Where Dravin goes hell is sure to follow" has become a wry saying amongst his soldiers, for following such a man only victory against all odds or a glorious death awaits - but what true servant of the Emperor could turn his nose up at that?

The Commissariat leads by example - in this case unyielding faith before the relentless march of time :wink: Victory or death, for the Emperor!

The commissar looks awesome with a beret! :D He shall look glorious when painted. Baz those troops are looking fantastic, I think the trousers are brilliant - I'm always envious of everyone else's ability to paint white :P

I've managed to do no painting so far and I'm away this weekend... but it turns out I'd somehow messed up booking leave from work. So since I have the Thursday off for nothing I shall dedicate it to painting :) There is hope for me yet!

Finished! It was a long day but worth it. The Emperor works in mysterious ways, without my mess up with booking leave I would never have had the time to get my vow done :wink:

med_gallery_27469_12799_892896.jpg

Fluff:

Inquisitor Désirée Harpenon

The current protégé of Lord Inquisitor Arkaniss hails from the snow covered death world of Mianharad – and like most people from that cold and inhospitable place she is as glacial, grim and merciless as the planet itself. She was not always so however, and her story begins as a child – the lone survivor of her caravan.

Arkaniss has a remote cabin (so he calls it – underneath it is actually a formidable underground training facility, bunker and armoury, one of many he has secreted around. It just so happens he also likes to holiday there) on Mianharad and likes to go hunting the local fauna. On one such hunt of a particularly fearsome pack he tracked them to a ravaged caravan and astonishingly a survivor. Impressed and sensing some latent psychic powers in the child the Lord Inquisitor took her back to his cabin, there he entrusted her to his seneschal Walter in preparations for inducting her into his next intake of Acolytes.

Walter is a moderately skilled psyker himself and a talented educator of many skills beyond the psychic arts; for a trainee there couldn’t be a better teacher and she flourished under his tutelage. However, despite all of Walters teachings there is one thing he couldn’t train out of her – due to her tragic childhood she retained a excessive burning hatred for all xenos, which may not be an issue in itself but it manifested as a whirlwind of seething anger misdirected at all the wrong targets. It made her eminently unsuitable to the more clandestine arts albeit an engine of sheer destruction on the battlefield.

Eventually Arkaniss came for his favourite pupil to elevate her to an Inquisitor in her own right and took her on his campaigns. They made a potent combination as Arkaniss preferred to operate in the shadows and a powerful battle Inquisitor leading a veteran warband unleashed at the right time and place proved deadly. Perhaps it was the bond that grew from their campaigns together or a particular event over time but she changed from the hot headed and explosive young woman to the person everyone knows and fears now. Yet beneath the typical Mianharadian cold and distant demeanour is the same burning hate and fire of her youth, ready to be unleashed in a controlled and terrifying manner at a moments notice.

More pictures:

med_gallery_27469_12799_30313.jpg

med_gallery_27469_12799_977033.jpg

med_gallery_27469_12799_226898.jpg

med_gallery_27469_12799_1555.jpg

med_gallery_27469_12799_177027.jpg

Group shot of all my Ioria models :biggrin.:

gallery_27469_12799_77728.jpg

Great work guys, some fantastic looking models completed. Sadly the Midgardian reinforcements will not be arriving, my hobby block has still not lifted and I'm finding it impossible to get any paint on plastic. I could blame reallife, but honestly I just sit there doing nothing. Apologies for not fulfilling my oath and best of luck to the rest of you, For Ioria and the Emperor.

No worries mactire we've all been there. I'm sure we've all learned the lesson not to force hobby time too! You can't do good work when you're not really in the mood to paint, and I'm sure everyone would rather have a good model completed late rather than a bad one on time.:happy.:

I'm off for a long weekend now so I shall look forward to checking back in on Monday to see how we did :D Good luck to all!