<Death Cult Assassin>

gallery_15184_710_349607.jpg

<Arco-flagellants>

gallery_15184_710_188162.jpg

<Chimera>

gallery_15184_710_541103.jpg

<Complete COHORT:110011>

gallery_15184_710_335322.jpg

This was a very entertaining and interesting exercise. I very much enjoyed painting something different, but also seeing the amazing efforts everyone else produced.

Many thanx to Warriorfish for putting this together and rubbing salt in my wounds to keep me going. :)

Cheers,

Some really great stuff this round. Honda, I really like the dirty metallic feel turned out on your guys. And Baz, I really like the yellow, white and red - bright colors are my favorite - and the silver a perfect compliment.

Did a marathon of painting yesterday and just finished in time. I did a new gold NMM on my Inquisitor and I really liked how it turned out.

http://www.hodsminis.com/SoB/SoB_IoriaCampaignPhase3_4_2_17.jpg

@Hod: Thank you, but they pale in comparison to your models. In particular, I really like how Greyfax turned out you did a great job executing the NMM. I've fiddled with NMM off and on and know that you don't just slap some paint on the fig and it turns out right. It takes a lot of effort.

NMM as a technique always fascinated  me, because I am a "layers" kind of guy, yet I still find myself coming back to true metallics because I enjoy fiddling with washes, layers, and more washes..

Anyway, brilliant effort. Bravo!

The doors are shut, the Cleansing of Ioria is now finished! Accordingly the commissariat will now retreat from the World and from atop our secluded mountain retreat we will make a record of the crusade... A final update to the entrants list will be completed tomorrow, so in the meantime please can you double check the data we have and let us know if there are any corrections required :thumbsup:

The two men stood side by side, as they often had, watching the massed ranks of soldiers and vehicles pass by, as they often did. No words need be said for these were black clad members of the God-Emperor's commissariat. For them actions are what matters; words always secondary to this immutable fact. So did they lead His forces into battle once more. So had they given Him victory as they always promised. Victory or death. A simple fact of life, but one embraced wholly by the commissariat in all things.

For all Guard vows don't forget the barracks has the Parade of Honour to show off your completed vows :thumbsup:

@Hod: Thank you, but they pale in comparison to your models. In particular, I really like how Greyfax turned out you did a great job executing the NMM. I've fiddled with NMM off and on and know that you don't just slap some paint on the fig and it turns out right. It takes a lot of effort.

NMM as a technique always fascinated  me, because I am a "layers" kind of guy, yet I still find myself coming back to true metallics because I enjoy fiddling with washes, layers, and more washes..

Anyway, brilliant effort. Bravo!

There is a lot of effort in learning NMM, but once you understand how it works on all the different surface types, it becomes a lot easier and you can do a lot of fun things with layering. One thing I do, is something I call lazy gold NMM, is a technique that uses the minimum layers to get the gold effect. I base in a brown, do a layer of orange, then a layer of yellow, shade with a yellowish or redish brown, then highlight with white. I call it lazy, because I don't do the in between / blended colors - just the completely different colors on top of each other, and let the brush stroke create the fade areas. It's effect is much more rough and textured than smooth and clean, but to get the really smooth NMM, it takes many, many layers and many many shades to blend.

The easiest way I found to learn NMM is to find a model you have that someones else online has done with really good NMM on (like on this site or CoolMiniOrNot), then copy it exactly. Reference it a lot, and it'll show you how to do all the fades right.

WarriorFish, thank you for putting this on. It was my first campaign and has gotten me excited for more. Can't wait to see what follows.

I have returned and to some great completions which is fantastic! Hod your Greyfax is something special, it's unconventional and just looks all the better for it :thumbsup: Honda your 'mechaniquisition' models are inventive and have that special lived-in grimdark feel which I love :biggrin.: And Baz I shall remain envious of your white trousers :laugh.: It's a brilliant red and white scheme and I'm always happy to see more and thank you for the Chimera compliment, I'm not a great vehicle painter (large flat surfaces are a nuisance!) but I'm pleased with it and eager to see it on the battlefield!

Well done all who took part no matter your end result and of course many thanks to the Commissariat for running another excellent painting campaign. I'm really pleased with the fact I've actually painted some Inquisition models again, after many years. It's been a long time but I'll be fielding some Inquisition forces again next game I have.

Finally I await the conclusion of our campaign and reading the fluff of our own creation :happy.: Ioria is surely saved ;)

Finally I await the conclusion of our campaign and reading the fluff of our own creation :happy.: Ioria is surely saved :wink:

You're new here, aren't you? :P

I am very curious to see what comes out of all this. Thanx again to everyone for making this a lot of fun!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It had been two months since the Iorian Crusade had entered the warp. Or was it two months since they were supposed to return? Crexio studied the faintly swelling holographic sector display, plotting vessel routes and checking reports for potential mis-jumps and real space translation.

"So long with no word, do you think..." Crexio began before Ursha's look stopped him in his tracks.

"Really? This again?" she sighed, making no attempt to hide her lack of patience with her fellow acolyte.

"But in the warp-"

"Look." Ursha turned round in her chair to face him, "We're talking of ARTIKUS-110011's expedition right? Never mind how many thousands of Guardsmen there are headed by the Lord Commander Edric Shade. That's right; the Edric Shade. You know who that is right?"

"Of course I do," Crexio frowned, finding his own patience dwindling.

"Right. Add in the Inquisitor Lord Arkaniss himse-"

"Yes, I know who he is too," Crexio snapped.

"Well then. What's to worry about? I'd be more worried for the daemons." Ursha raised her eyebrows, giving him a good look for a moment before turning back to her console.

"It's not a joke. I was being serious."

Ursha turned back to face Crexio, and looked him dead in the eyes.

"So was I."

Things are unfortunately still rather busy for the commissariat, with some real life concerns making progress slow - not to mention the requirement for suitable creative juices! Rest assured it is being made and we're on the downhill part, expect Ioria to be wrapped up next month :smile.: