BotL - Monthly fluff challenge

Kelborn

Hey, just an idea, but what about having a month where we can write a piece for whatever non Astartes force we want, like the Imperial Army, the none Astartes fleets, etc? We have sections for non-legion forces, Sections for forces loyal to mars...why not let the writers dabble in something other than Astartes for a month?

Anyway, it's just a thought...

My vote is for the Halcyon Wardens...I want to expand on the little bit of history between the Heredes and the Halcyon Wardens that I hinted at in the Atlas Armor description in the 1st Terra Heredes thread, seems like a story worth writing.

Godslayers - Mikhal, Redd

Warbringers - Blunt, Mikhal, Breezy

Wardens of Light - Blunt

Halcyon Wardens - Blind

Blind, we've already pitched the idea that after the Legions, we'll expand the scope to include non-Legions. So, that will happen. Now, if you want to go ahead and suggest we can begin voting for non-Legions before we've completed the Legion roster, feel free to pitch that idea to see what everybody thinks.

Edited by simison

Lol...consider the suggestion pitched. I propose that every other month non-legion forces be added to the voting list. The faction the writer writes about will be their choice, it doesn't even have to be military as there are countless characters in the universe that might have a story worth telling.

[The pitch has been made, what do others think? Also, I'm moving this work to this page because it got really tiring going back 4 pages just to keep writing.]

"My lord."

Niklaas turned his attention away from the city. Gone was the ash his Legion had created when they had attacked, replaced by the roar of construction as the newly-named Fire Keepers raised battlements. The people of Vuul may have rejected the Emperor's hand upon first contact, but Niklaas would not continue punishing them after they had sworn their oaths to the Imperium.

The wind bellowed from the hive's peak, but it was nothing more than a gentle breeze to a Primarch. His son did not even need to shout due to Niklaas' enhanced hearing. "A ship has arrived in-system. It is the Árma, Alexandros' chariot." 

Niklaas quirked a black eyebrow. "I thought Alexandros placed his flag aboard the Elpis?"

Melchizedek nodded, his bald head reflecting the sun's light. "The Elpis is Alexandros' vessel for war, but the Árma is what he rides when speed is needed. He requests an audience with you, my lord."

Glancing at the sky, Niklaas furrowed his brow. With only five Primarchs found, it was hard not to know the nature of each. Icarion and Alexandros were the two witches of the brotherhood, and Niklaas had heard and learned much of both during his tutelage under the Emperor's supervision. Alexandros had been described as a powerful telepath, which made Niklaas uneasy in interacting. Yet, he had also heard that Alexandros was a friend to the common man and possessed a friendly demeanour. Niklaas mulled over his answer and decided that this was as good of time as any to meet the smallest of the Primarchs. 

Edited by simison

So, that's three different proposals. 

Blind - Every other month would be non-Legion

Blunt - After a list of prioritized Legions, there'd be a mix.

Mikhal - After every 6 Legions. Which means we should do one non-Legion next month.

What do people think? Do people want to go ahead and open October up to a non-Legion? Blunt, which Legions fall on your priority list?

Warbringers and Grave Stalkers. Struggling to think of others, I feel we've done a lot. Then again, did we do the Drowned and Berserkers?

We've not done either Drowned or Berserkers. We almost did the Drowned, but I suggested we avoid them. At the time, we had just done the Dune Serpents and so little work was actually done because Squig was MIA at the time. I was worried that nothing would be done during the Drowned month because Hesh was also missing. 

Now, with the new activity system, I don't have that particular fear, though I do wonder if the Dune Serpents have been cheated. 

I knew I'd have forgotten some. In that case I'd say two of the Drowned, Warbringers and Dune Serpents, then we can start adding non-Legion groups. Next on the list would be Berserkers/Grace Stalkers.

Perhaps prioritise DS and WB over Drowned, as that'll give us plenty to feed on when doing Legion fluff.

Godslayers - Mikhal, Redd

Warbringers - Blunt, Mikhal, Breezy, Sig

Wardens of Light - Blunt

Halcyon Wardens - Blind

So, that's put the Warbringers in a firm lead. As for the non-Legion vote...

Blind's suggestion - Redd

Blunt's suggestion - Skal?

Mikhal's suggestion - Sig

We have either a two-way tie or a three-way tie. 

Alright, it's official. The Warbringers are up for this month, and we'll do a non-Legion every 6 months. Since this is month eight, I believe, that means we will be doing a non-Legion next month.

So, I have decided two things. One, I will follow up the invitation thread I started last month. Two, I will institute a rewards system for the monthly challenge.

Here is my vision. We have three winners each month divided into three categories: Forgewold rule book style, Black Library narrative style, and best of the newcomers. Each winner will have their submission, or their best one, featured on the Invitation thread for some bragging rights.

Writers can only win in one category, unless there are no other entrants.

If there are no newcomers, we simply vote for the next best piece in either category.

So, for the Eagle Warriors, Breezy is the winner of the newcomers (even if he wrote about the Steel Legion), I win the BL category, and Blunt wins the FW category.

How does that sound?

Edited by simison