BotL - Monthly fluff challenge

Kelborn

In retrospect, I had forgotten about the circuitry imagery, and underestimated my phone's internet connexion. We've still been tomorrow for 20 minutes so I didn't really lie, though.

Aeterna Veteran

Next legion? The Drowned, or the Serpents.
Edited by Skalpynock

I agree that Drowned should be the next. But on the other hand, Mikhal is right. They are really complex and difficult to understand if you don't have an overview or the necessary knowledge. And without Hesh to ask upon, we might not do them justice.

Therefore, my vote goes for the Dune Serpents.

Any of the suggested possibilities are fine by me, but I think it would be best to give Hesh that full month that was suggested so that he can give the green light on completed contest entries.

I think that the Warbringers would also deserve a bit more write up of fluff (specifically of the warbringers without focus on the wider suzerainty), but I suspect Skalpynock has some aditional fluff in his head and perhaps in handwritten form that has yet to be posted on the forum or the wiki

April Fluff Challenge

The Drowned - Talonair/Blind/Skal 

Warbringers- Grifft/Thorn

Void Eagles - Grifft

Dune Serpents - Grifft/Skal/Mikhal/Kel/Sig

Godslayers - Sig

April Fluff Challenge

The Drowned - Talonair/Blind/Skal/Redd 

Warbringers- Grifft/Thorn

Void Eagles - Grifft

Dune Serpents - Grifft/Skal/Mikhal/Kel/Sig/Blunt

Godslayers - Sig

If I get to it in time, I think I'll indulge in an interaction between Alex and Nomus, perhaps the first time they met.

Also, it's one week until the new monthly challenge. Which legion do people think should be next?

I like the sound of that, I had actually thought about Nomus's relationship with Alex and believe they'd have a good friendship, based both on the relationship of the tarot cards they represent (Nomus/Justice and Alex/The Empress) and their personalities, maybe not a close one with Nomus's social awkwardness but he'd respect Alex greatly given they share a lot of views on things.

Both use their respective talents to co-ordinate their forces with uncanny precision, adaptibility and timing, both wish the Primarchs weren't such a fractious lot and lament the bad blood and infighting between them, both believe the Astartes can and should learn to be more than mere weapons, both work towards improving the lives of the common man.

Also for your convenience, here's a description of Justice's relationship with The Empress that might help inform your writing:

The Empress: A perfect fit for each other. Brings out the appreciation of balance and beauty in both, and in very practical manner. Also brings out the reconciling, diplomatic side of the Empress, and smoothes out the critical harshness that can be a part of Justice. (Venus/Libra [Venus in Rulership])

What is the alliance rating between the Steel Legion and the Halcyon Wardens?

Ahh thanks. The Abyssii may need a line, given that their alliances would be slightly different. Namely they'd be Sworn Brothers with the 'serkers (unless Raktra objects of course) and probably distrusted with the Drowned given how their first encounter goes

Here is my humble contribution for the challenge.

Steel Legion Geno Auxlia

During the great crusade Steel Legion was part of the smaller legions. While they still effectively conquered worlds, their low numbers made all casualties extremely painful. To combat this threat Captain Thalna of the Steel Legion proposed that the Legion formed units of Geno soldiers trained to fight together with the Legion, almost as a part of the legion. The proposal sparked lots of debating, but in the end it was decided that it should be at least tried.

The Geno soldiers were raised to fight alongside the Steel Legion, and their captains and uxors were connected to their masters in legion through simple implants that allowed them to receive orders silently and almost as quickly as the Steel legion legionaries did through their neural links. Because of this where others deemed Steel Legion suspicious due to their silent communication, the Geno Auxlias didn’t see anything distrust provoking in it.

Steel Legion Geno Auxlias proved themselves in the conquest of Nuceria, in the Ultima Segmentum. The expedition fleet, led by Steel Legion, had originally contacted the civilized planet to peacefully unite Nuceria to the Imperium. Nuceria refused and the slave masters ruling the planet mobilized their armies. Vanguard of these armies was formed be slave gladiators, enhanced with aggression-enhancing gadgets to make them unstoppable berserks. During the siege of the planets capital Geno Auxlias proved to be useful in shielding their masters from casualties, supporting them in mass wherever they were needed. Especially when fighting the slave gladiators, Geno Auxlia held the line, allowing the Steel Legion to strike directly at the slave masters, shortening the war and winning the siege for the Imperium. 

If there is something not fitting the lore of Botl please let me know.

Alrighty then. Will study the Serpents' thread again. :D

Just for the beginning? Do they make use of tanks? Got an idea for an ambush including tanks and a desert. ^^