How awesome is the Angel?

b1soul

As i recall Angron was still "normal" when battling Guilliman with Lorgar... Guilliman's attack in Betrayer occured at a point where Lorgar was directing the song of chaos and Angron's ascension was put in jeopardy due to his interference. Guilliman was holding his own against Lorgar but when Angron joined he was fighting a losing battle and took a mounting number of injuries, if the fight had continued he would more than likely have been killed.

As for all this talk of Sanguinius... holy pigging moly am i excited for Terra!!! Most of this lore is completly new to me with my exposure being mainly through BL's books and some of these depections of Sanguinius in full on beast mode have me salivating for ADB to be given the chance to handle him during the siege!

Entirely correct.

Sorry dude, you need to read Betrayer..

Sanguinius ...is the doom of Argal Tal.

Erebus kills Argal Tal in the shadow crusade.

Argal Tal reaches Terra. It's in Aurelian. It literally says 'This is how Argal Tal shall die'

Most of you are a little off about Sanguinius and Angrons stare down. Sanguinius hadn't killed any Bloodthristers at this point, or indeed anyone. The traitors have landed on Terra and taken both of the spaceports and the tide has turned very much in their favour, the battle then stops for a moment at which point Angron comes forward. The actual extract is:

This was a war where there could be no honourable peace. It was destroy or be destroyed. For a moment all was silence, then Angron strode forth. In his brazen voice he demanded that the loyalists surrender. He told them that their cause was hopeless, as they faced a foe which could not be defeated. They were cut off, outnumbered, and defending a ruler too weak to be worthy of their loyalty. In that moment the men on the walls felt their resolve weaken. Looking at the transformed face of the Primarch who had once been one of the Emperor's finest warriors, they saw an invincible, relentless foe backed by a numberless horde and all the daemonic might of Chaos.

There was a clamour on the walls as Sanguinius and the Blood Angels arrived. Standing on the wall, the angel-winged Primarch glared on Angron with angry contempt. For long moments their gazes locked, each Primarch seemed to be measuring the other, searching for chinks in the armour, for any sign of weakness and lack of resolve. Who knows what they saw there? Perhaps they communicated telepathically, brother Primarch to brother Primarch. The truth will never be known. Eventually Angron turned and walked back to his lines. He told his troops that there would be no surrender; they should kill everyone they found within the palace. No stone should be left upon stone.

I love Sanguinius as much as the next BA player, hell look at my name. But this scene to me, is very clearly not Angron being afraid to fight him. They haven't even breached the walls yet. I picture Angron sort of grunting in a "Whatever" way and walking away to tell the troops to begin the attack again, not really that phased or bothered, if anything hoping that would be the answer from the defenders. Still an awesome scene though and epic in how Sanguinius arrived and revitalises all the defenders who were on the verge of giving up.

Has anybody read Ordo Sinister fluff in Inferno? There's a fragment about Sanguinius (probably) destroying an eldar warlock titan...with his bare hands (that's right Magnus. With. his. bare. hands). More the pity that Imperium Secundus made him rather...uninspiring. Hope next HH book will do him and entire IX justice.

Sorry dude, you need to read Betrayer..

Sanguinius ...is the doom of Argal Tal.

Erebus kills Argal Tal in the shadow crusade.

Argal Tal reaches Terra. It's in Aurelian. It literally says 'This is how Argal Tal shall die'

I can't tell if you're joking, or you don't actually know the real ending. :P

wasnt it one of those vague visions that came true through a quirk of interpretation?

You're both right.

Sanguinius runs out of fools to slap around at the eternity gate so he reaches into the depths of hell and yanks Argel Tal back into reality just so he can chop his head off again.

^not serious at all

Yes, Lorgar saw Argal fighting Sang before the eternity gate. Ingethel was rather explicit about daemons not having a set-in-stone vision of the future, however. (Almost like chaos is BSing their followers or something)

i know "death of the authorrrrrrrr" and all that, but reading angron as having run or feeling intimidated by sang just seems like wishful thinking. it's written like a stand off; a stalemate.

Sanguinius is a BAMF

Slightly off-topic:

Hidden Content

I think I am most interested to know what Russ and Sanguinius thought of each other. As stated above, As stated above, some sources say that Angron and Horus are the only ones that would even dare to think about fighting Big S, but at the same time Russ's whole "thing" seems to be fearing no one and being the one designed to take down the others. 

i'm a little unsure why the above is hidden?

as for russ and sang- i don't think much has been written about them together. ATS or PB might have touched on it, but i think it was more sang being buddy buddy with fulgrim and fulgrim being buddy buddy with russ not so much the wolf and the angel.

Fulgrim was buddy buddy with Russ?

at least in PB. or maybe brotherly is more accurate.

they were working together against magnus  (with typhon and raldoron's presence implying their primarchs cooperation too). plenty of gentle sighing about each other's ways and small jokes passed between russ and fulgrim.  there's a sense of knowing each other and more importantly, acceptance of each other's ways, heavily weighted towards fulgrim's as russ played out the rascally brother persona.  there's even one bit where (from memory) where the two primarchs are looking at a monitor laughing and smirking together.

keeping in mind that this is not the fulgrim we got in the self titled novel; he comes across as patient, considerate and genuinely affectionate in PB even if still a tad condescending at times. but it reads (at least to me) as a good natured condescension.

Yup, I can concede that my timeline for the Sang/Ron showdown was wrong. A fight would be interesting.

On going back into all the fluff to comment on this thread, it seems the original Hor/Guinius fight wasnt as one sided as I suggested. Sanguinius seems to have him out matched, however Horus defeats him with an unexpected psychic attack and then throttles him.

On going back into all the fluff to comment on this thread, it seems the original Hor/Guinius fight wasnt as one sided as I suggested. Sanguinius seems to have him out matched, however Horus defeats him with an unexpected psychic attack and then throttles him.

where is this from? every time ive read it, it has been very brief. sanguinius is exhausted from fighting on terra, and horus is bloated with power, it's no contest but that's part of the tragedy 

AD-B quenches his thirst with the tears of readers.

Indeed. But why tears - you should not like/love heretics and traitors

that's what khan said

It's like the Aragorn-Legolas bromance

Indeed.

But in general  Sanguinius is one in top 3 battle proved Primarchs. With Horus and Angron. Almost every BL author stated that and that was cemented by FW.

But there is a big difference between duelist and strategist. As a strategist he is in top 5 too - with Horus, Guilliman, Dorn

Sorry, but no way is Sanguinius a 'Top 5' Primarch General. He'd barely make the top 10!

The top tier In no particular order:

Jonson

Horus

Dorn

Guilliman

Followed by:

Alpharius

Corax

Ferrus

Fulgrim

Peterabo

Sanguinius is, don't get me wrong, a capable general but many of his brothers outshine him in that aspect.

Sorry, but no way is Sanguinius a 'Top 5' Primarch General. He'd barely make the top 10!

The top tier In no particular order:

Jonson

Horus

Dorn

Guilliman

Followed by:

Alpharius

Corax

Ferrus

Fulgrim

Peterabo

Sanguinius is, don't get me wrong, a capable general but many of his brothers outshine him in that aspect.

Every BL auhor to date and Bligh put Sanguinius as strategist above Dorn, Lion and Guilliman.

Alpharius; Corax; Ferrus; Fulgrim; Perturabo was never even remembered while comparing to him.

You probably read not a big amount of HH stuff (especially from the Imperium Secundus) where it is discussed a lot.

The problem of BA in HH so far is that they had zero good written novels to their name. The only one which is directly about them is horrible and called 'Fear to Thread'

Archived