Osiron Dead Question

Brother Cpt Quaato

Hi all,

First question in many years I've had to post. The Osiron Dread must take a Force Weapon with in built Bolter and Asphyx shells. It also states that all Contemptor options are available to the Osiron. Does this mean that the bolter can be upgraded to plasma blaster/melta,etc or is the force weapon only available with bolter. I don't want to start a conversion and find I can't use the plasma I would like to use.

Cheers in advance

Hi all,

First question in many years I've had to post. The Osiron Dread must take a Force Weapon with in built Bolter and Asphyx shells. It also states that all Contemptor options are available to the Osiron. Does this mean that the bolter can be upgraded to plasma blaster/melta,etc or is the force weapon only available with bolter. I don't want to start a conversion and find I can't use the plasma I would like to use.

Cheers in advance

I think they can upgrade but it's weird. If the bolter was a normal combi bolter I'd say yes 100% what's weird is because a Contemptor has the option to upgrade a combi bolters but not to upgrade a combi bolters with asphyx shells.

I would say yes as it still counts as a combi bolters but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm not sure, and FW poor editing doesn't help.

The Osiron Contemptor Force blade has an inbuilt combi-bolter, but normal contemptors are equipped with twin-linked bolters. RAW contemptors only have the option to swap out a twin-linked bolter, not a combi-bolter. I know they are basically the same thing, but they are technically two separate weapons, and the Contemptor rules as written do not have the option to exchange the Osiron Combi-Bolter for any other inbuilt weapon.

FW naming consistency and vague rule descriptions are fun.

Archived