Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sanguinary Crusader Consolidation Thread (captain complete)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,493 posts
  • Faction: Sanguinary Crusaders
I'm starting this thread to consolidate and replace my various other ones throughout. It will have my fluff and actual models, as well as my story. This first post will also be updated each time I make an update so it will continue to be consolidated. I'll make new posts in this thread with each specific update so people won't have to keep reading for updates if they do want to stay updated.

Criticism and Advise is welcome.

Sanguinary Crusaders Index Astartes
Spoiler

Completed Models
Spoiler

Story One (about Captain Corvo)
Spoiler

Edited by Arkangilos, 03 September 2017 - 03:25 AM.

• deathspectersgt7, Indefragable, Brother Lemartes and 1 other like this

Previously known as Telanicus

Sanguinary Crusader Page (Lore, Models, Etc)
IT Warriors of Cain Unholy Chosen

The Four Star Pact (Chaos Alliance Lore, Model, Etc)

Tyriks

Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,229 posts

That red is super vibrant - what do you use?  Also that Master of the Fleet is an awesome model; is that a kit bash or a FW model?

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,493 posts
I used Mephiston Red with Red Ink.

The Master of the Fleet was the Limited FW new website model with the FW Blood Angel Upgrade Head

I actually messed up when painting him. I wanted him to have a greasier and sweaty look, so I tried something and it only made the flesh not as good :(

Edited by Arkangilos, 08 March 2017 - 03:46 AM.

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,493 posts
With the updating of the 40k Timeline I figured I would update my timeline a bit, here is something I am considering. It is open to criticism!

Revalations of the Prophecy of Trouble

"I awoke and saw a vessel of old. Released from it's prison and bearing with it relics from an age forgotten. A gift from the Father, bearing with it many dangers, but hidden treasures that would be necessary to fight the storm. As it neared I felt pain. The Daamien Star had fallen to the Green, and the world trembled. Long forgotten enemies had been heard. I saw around me the signs of the Fly, the Scorpion, the Vulture, the Mocked Eagle, and the Book of Eight. I closed my eyes, and the sky faded.

I heard a voice and opened them. A swarm, deadly and hungry, descended upon the body of the Great Angel. A plea, a rally call. The angels and their children were beckoned to return to the Holy Site. I watched as the Crusading Sons of Sanguinius left their home. I turned to the Golden Angel, and he said, 'Come and Behold' and held out his arm. I saw the people of their home crying out as the sky was torn in two.

It was then that the Book of Eight came, and a great many fell. The nations of the world were split, and many heresies were taught. For an amount of time I cannot tell, the Beast of the Book of Eight swept through the corners of the World, and all but the Great Mountain had fallen.

The Golden Angel said again, 'Look and behold, for on this day the beast shall be destroyed.' I saw fire rain down upon the earth, and the hosts of the crusading children of the Angel bring vengeance upon the wicked. I saw as the righteous rose up and threw off their chains, and the faithless punished. I saw as the Golden Angel led the hosts, and in his final hours liberate the meek."

~ Sanguinary High Priest Delian, Sanguinary Crusaders Chapter, M34

Towards the end of the Time of Ending, a Space Hulk was located within five light years of Damoria. Chapter Master Telanicus quickly dispatched Chief Librarian Laterus and the Chapter Fleet with assets from the first, seventh, and ninth companies to clear it. Upon purging it of mutants, it was discovered to have carried within it's bowels a vault of Great Crusade era arms and armor, with 68 percent of the cargo in perfect condition. While the Tech Priests marveled and rejoiced, Laterus felt a sense of dread and unease.

Immediately returning to the home world, he began consulting with the Priesthood. Reports were reexamined, and the prophecy was reread. Upon deliberation, the priesthood had determined the time of ending was near. They called forth of prophets and mortal priest dedicated serfs and sent them out with the news, and instructions.

The Tradition of the First Born would be hastened. Before, as dictated by law, each first born son would be dedicated to the chapter every tens years. This would be changed to include all first born. Cities and tribes that refused would be punished.

Their fortress monastery on the Great Mountain was fortified, and it's army of serfs bolstered.

The prophecy was given to the people and the promise made that while the angels were about to embark, those who remain faithful shall receive liberation. As the last of the chapter returned to the home world, all but the 8th Company and the army of Serfs departed for Baal. Those that remained in the Great Tower would continue to take the first born until the galaxy was ripped in two. At that moment they retreated into their mountain to await the onslaught, and watched from afar as the world was ruled by Tarvak Jal, Dark Apostle of the Host of Believers, and master of the Four Star Pact.

____

As an aside, I've been working on some of my Death Guard from the DI set that my girlfriend got me, but I'm so slow. I am thinking about putting them on hold so I can finish Telanicus and Captain Corvo (which were my guys from the GBBO).

I'm also not going to lie, I mainly threw in the part about the Great Crusade relics because I have both HH box sets and so I have a lot of Mk III and IV guys :P

Edited by Arkangilos, 23 August 2017 - 12:50 PM.

• Atia likes this

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,977 posts
  • Faction: The Horus Heresy

Really like the fluff snippet! So your guys are finally defending Baal, eh? It's about time ;)

• Morticon, Spagunk and Arkangilos like this

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

Get your daily 30k dosis! http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.at/

My WIP Thread (30k, Kill Team, Necromunda and ADEPTUS TITANICUS!)

gallery_29004_10383_126.pngL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_01f.jpg

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

Spagunk

Spagunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,698 posts

Really like the fluff snippet! So your guys are finally defending Baal, eh? It's about time msn-wink.gif

It a'ight. We can take any help we can get, even late help. :P

• Arkangilos likes this

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Artisan.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_40907_9492_4019.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifgallery_40907_9492_16201.jpgETL_2018_Medal_06_Dominus_Exercitus.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_01.gETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifgallery_62972_10568_7658.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpg

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,493 posts
Captain Corvo mostly done!

0C841234-3D21-47F9-8C9B-04A0F22C5793_zps

Spoiler

Feedback welcome!

Also, as a note the blade is shiny so it's brighter in the light than it is when I'm holding it.

96854E25-36E9-4E21-B199-90AFCE96C61D_zps

That's what it looks like normally

Edited by Arkangilos, 03 September 2017 - 03:41 AM.

• Jolemai, deathspectersgt7, Atia and 1 other like this

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,977 posts
  • Faction: The Horus Heresy

Very cool - great work on the skin :)

• Arkangilos likes this

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

Get your daily 30k dosis! http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.at/

My WIP Thread (30k, Kill Team, Necromunda and ADEPTUS TITANICUS!)

gallery_29004_10383_126.pngL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_01f.jpg

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,447 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
That blue really stands out. Great contrast there.
  • Arkangilos likes this

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpgETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_01.gETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_AnETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifETL_Medal_05.gifgallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels| Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:3
1250 Death Company List (jump)  W:0 D:0 L:0
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Dreadnought List W:0 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:1 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Two Towers List W:1 D:0 L:0
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,570 posts

Very cool.

I feel like he nides a Mutant/ Xeno/ Heretic on the base about to taste that sweet, sweet Angelus Steel.

• Arkangilos likes this

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,493 posts

So for my Primaris addition, I've been using some of my spare time thinking about how they would fit into the chapter (without knowing how exactly they are made? Like, do they still serve as scouts? No idea.) With kill team, it made me want to use some Reivers.

Let me know what you guys think?

So here is the idea I have so far:

With the coming of the Primaris, changes had to be made to the organization. However, rather than the integration seen in many other chapters, the Sanguinary Crusaders developed a new company specifically for the Primaris Marines, called "the Order of the Primaris Crusaders". The Order has it's own command structure, Sanguinary Priests, Chaplains, and Librarians. It's members are outside of the command structure, answering only to the chapter's supreme command. As such, a Captain from any other company cannot order Primaris Marines except when in overall command of the task force. 

Selection into the Order happens before the aspirants have undergone the implantation process. Typically it is only a small percentage of those who have been selected, as the Sanguinary Crusaders still maintains a majority of the old marines. After being selected and implanted with the geneseed, they are trained separately from the rest of the initiates. Their training, no less rigorous than the training of a normal scout, will end with an evaluation. Most will be inducted straight into an Intercessor Squad, where they will serve until there is a slot available in another "Chamber". However, some's evaluations will see them moved straight into an opening, skipping the Intercessor Squad altogether, although this means that the marine in question has less choice of advancement. 

The Order is split into various Chambers, named from the Chambers they have been assigned in the Fortress Monastery. Advancements into Chambers happens based on vacancies and evaluated skill sets. When a vacancy occurs, the brothers are given an opportunity to compete in various trials. When the Chamber leaders are satisfied with the results, the selection is made and the vacancy filled.

Each chamber is led by a lieutenant, and has a Sanguinary Priest and Chaplain. 

They are as follows:

The Chamber of the Angelic Crown- This chamber consists of the Order's leadership.

The Chamber of Sacrifice- This chamber is made up of the Reiver Squads.

The Chamber of Burning Hope- This chamber is made up of the Hell Blaster Squads.

The Chamber of Integrity- This chamber is made up of the Intercessor Squads.

The Chamber of Divine Wrath- This chamber is made up of the Aggressor Squads.

The Chamber of Angelic Wings- This Chamber is made up of the Inceptor Squads.

Marines are free to move between all Chambers provided they meet the qualifications and there is a vacancy. The popularity of the chambers changes as battles are won, renown is gained, and campaigns are declared. 

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,493 posts

Very cool.

I feel like he nides a Mutant/ Xeno/ Heretic on the base about to taste that sweet, sweet Angelus Steel.

I can't believe I didn't reply to this already. But yeah, he does! I actually originally had plans to put one there so it's like one of the paintings of the archangel Michael. 

When I get home in a couple months I plan on doing that.

___

Also, any ideas on how I should do my Reivers when I get a chance to work on them? Black with yellow helmets? Black with Black helmets? Red with Black Helmets? Any other suggestions?

Edited by Arkangilos, 11 July 2018 - 11:43 AM.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,144 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

Very cool.

I can't believe I didn't reply to this already. But yeah, he does! I actually originally had plans to put one there so it's like one of the paintings of the archangel Michael. 

When I get home in a couple months I plan on doing that.

___

Also, any ideas on how I should do my Reivers when I get a chance to work on them? Black with yellow helmets? Black with Black helmets? Red with Black Helmets? Any other suggestions?

Well if you want to keep the Reiver close to how GW imagines them, then I'd go with black with yellow helmets (and black skull like the SW Reiver).

Or you go with something completely different like I did. :D

sALLx4Am.jpg

(old WIP pic I still got on my imgur)

• Arkangilos likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,341 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The Reiver in the Sanguinary Guard helmet looks great! Will you start a new topic in Homegrown Rules, detailing this unit's stats and special rules?

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,144 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

The Reiver in the Sanguinary Guard helmet looks great! Will you start a new topic in Homegrown Rules, detailing this unit's stats and special rules?

lol no. I don't do homegrown rules. It's just a Reiver in my Knights of Baal army. 

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,493 posts

That scheme of yours would probably work really well for the head of the Chamber of Sacrifice.

Don't suppose any of you have feedback on the fluff?

Edited by Arkangilos, 12 July 2018 - 11:23 AM.

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,493 posts
New question: think it would be a problem if my chapter went over numbers with all the stuff going going?

Brother Lemartes

Brother Lemartes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,608 posts
I personally don't think that would be too crazy at all. I think there is plenty of other stuff going on for people to not notice or even care too much really.

I really like what you have come up with for the primaris!
  • Arkangilos likes this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,570 posts

New question: think it would be a problem if my chapter went over numbers with all the stuff going going?

In a fluff way?

So there are a LOT of factors that make this really unlikely, the two that stick out most to me are:

• Does your chapter not fight?

Marines are living weapons and treat themselves as just that. If sacrifice is necessary that is what they shall do, and we BA love a good sacrifice! Is your chapter truly fighting at it's hardest if it has loads of extra members? How is that justified? Do you have some secret to recruiting? Surely The Flaw would be enough to stem the numbers?

• Hubris of the Chapter Master

Now I've not yet finished Devastation of Baal (2/3) but there is a great line about the size of many chapters and how it reflects on marines in relation to there being a "legion-esque" sized gathering to stop the tyranids. Essentially it says only a handful of Chapter Masters would have the confidence in themselves to be able to defy the codex astartes and see themselves above it by having a larger than normal chapter.

Just some fluffy food for thought!

• Arkangilos likes this

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,493 posts
Thanks Lemartes, and true!

Those are good points Charlo! Well I wasn't thinking going too far beyond. It's more just additional specific marines (like dedicated Fleet Asset marines controlled by the Master of the Fleet, so enough to provide for smaller boarding actions and small detachments if the company is fighting on a planet and they need another squad on say, a mission to a moon. Also a few Primaris for the Order that are controlled by their Master). Also, my chapter master has a little less power than the traditional one with the priesthood being required to "bless" actions. So I was thinking more like 1500 max (not operational, but as a cap), and the extras fall outside of the typical chain, with minimal control of the chapter master anyways.

Does that sound plausible? And I'm not opposed to other chapters not necessarily liking it, and it's not done to spite the codex.

I see them more like how a company should have 100, but in reality has less due to attrition. Basically just two extra companies of varying sizes. The idea is that the fleet assets isn't as flexible (they are my breachers, and so only have what breachers would have, and a handful of terminators, which are armed with cataphractii suits, not as suited for their typical tactics).

Thoughts?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users