A New Beginning

Brother Callidan

Hello all. This is going to be my attempt at redeeming my self of my fauler with the painting challenge for the Deathwatch we had not to long ago.

I was inspired to follow along with this months White Dwarf's Tales of Four Warlords. So I went down to my local GW and picked up the Start Collecting! Deathwatch.

Start Collecting!

Now I do have The Dread and the Captain already but what can you do when you need to follow the rules?

I don't really now what the next couple of months with bring but this is the list that I'm hoping that I will get out of it.

Watch Captain - Inferno pistol, Power fist, Artificer armour

Librarian - The tome of Ectoclades

Vet Squad - 2 Deathwatch Shotguns, Heavy thunder hammer

Black Shield - Storm shield, Power Axe

Watch Sergeant - Storm Shield, Chain Sword

Razorback - TL Assault Cannons

Vet Squad - 2 Frag Cannons

Watch Sergeant - Auspex

Razorback - TL Lascannons

Vet Squad - 4 Stalkers, Infernus + Hellfire

Watch Sergeant - Stalker, Auspex

Razorback - TL Lascannons

And this is the Start

The first part

I know its not much to look at right now but I'm hoping that I will be able to keep up with all this as I have suffered a back injury and find its hard to sit for to long.

I will add more soon and am looking forward to hear from you all on what you think

For the Honor of Furor Shield

Welcome back to the fold!  I'd say focus on enjoying the building process this time and don't sweat the painting contest, eh?  :D

Also, not sure if TL AC is cool for DW RBs.  Don't have my codex available to check, though . . .

Welcome back to the fold! I'd say focus on enjoying the building process this time and don't sweat the painting contest, eh? biggrin.png

Also, not sure if TL AC is cool for DW RBs. Don't have my codex available to check, though . . .

Thanks Vel'Cona. What do you mean by "not sure if AC is cool for DW RBs" as in you don't know if they can take them or that they just aren't worth it to take?

Small update but I am working on some stuff, just don't want to show my Captain till I know I have pulled him off. And all the rest are just grey at the moment. But I would like some opinions on the Stalker bolter. Does this look good or not?

Stalker Bolter

Not sure if it's legal to take an AC RB in C: DW. I could be wrong, codex is quite a ways away at the moment. Hoping so, I love that look and especially so in DW colours! :)

I think the Stalker looks fine. There's a few other posts on here regarding converting them if you want to take a look around; I'd post links but I'm in a bit of a rush.

Razorback section:

“ May replace its twin-linked heavy bolter with one of the following:

Twin-linked lascannon 20 pts

Twin-linked assault cannon 20 pts

”

Excerpt From: Workshop, Games. “Codex: Deathwatch Enhanced Edition.” v1.0. Games Workshop, 2016. iBooks.

• 2 weeks later...

So things have not gone the way I planned. My back is being stubborn and so I have not had that much painting time. This is all I have to show right now and even its not a completed miniature. Just wanted to keep myself motivated and dust off this log. So what do you all think?

DWCaptain02

DWCaptain01

A lot of the gold and red areas aren't done and the skull only has a wash over it. But any comments are welcomed

I dig the pose immensely!  He really has a sense of mobility and aggression to him with the fist cocked back and the leg pose.

Is that a Dreadnought I see waiting behind him . . . :)

Archived