Xenos Books

Roomsky

As much as it has consumed my reading for the past year and a half, I've still only scratched the surface of the Black Library's output. As my collection grows and shrinks, I've noticed my main focus is on Space Marines. I'd like to have at least 1 good book for each "faction" down the line, so I was wondering what people would recommend as reading for the main xenos races. That is, recommendations for Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, and anything else you can think of.

Working through Legends of the Dark Millenium: The Tau Empire at the moment, seems fine so far but nothing mind blowing. Anyone have an opinion on Fire Warrior?

Edited by Roomsky

Posted · Hidden by Brother Tyler, August 30, 2017 - No reason given
Hidden by Brother Tyler, August 30, 2017 - No reason given

==== Bolter and Chainsword focuses on the Armies of Humanity. Any discussion of Xeno focused novels are off topic ====

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/EB4DDD82-DF20-41BF-9623-9777F9254C53_zpsm5ecrg3b.gif

• 5 months later...

If anyone was wondering, Legends of the Dark Millenium: The Tau Empire  is largely mediocre, though possibly worth it just for the excellent Peter Fehervari shorts, something which I'm sure will come as a surprise to approximately no one.

Gav, Andy and Guy's Eldar novels and associated shorts are strongly recommended reading from me.

Path of the Warrior

Path of the Seer

Path of the Outcast

Path of the Renegade

Path of the Incubus

Masque of Vyle

Path of the Archon

Valedor

Asurmen

Jain Zar

Seriously good reads, and a ton to get through.

Is strongly recommend all of Peter Fehervari's back catalogue for some really unusual pieces.

I quite enjoyed the turn that the Necrons got in the relatively recent "World Engine", though the best (creepiest) depiction still resides in the older "Dead Men Walking" novel.

If you can get some of Andy Chambers' short stories, they cover a lot of neat bits too. "Deus Ex Mechanicus" is a particular favourite of mine.

If anyone was wondering, Legends of the Dark Millenium: The Tau Empire  is largely mediocre, though possibly worth it just for the excellent Peter Fehervari shorts, something which I'm sure will come as a surprise to approximately no one.

Fehervari story is brilliant. Don't be a heretek :)

Plus we are all battle brothers - xenos must die ;)