The Grimdark Harvest: Evil Sunz Meganob

Badrukk looks amazing! Love the boss poles and the frayed cable! The forearm on the gun arm looks a tad plain at the moment, maybe a bracelet or something? For the base how about have him standing on dreadnought arm or something? Like he's taken down something bigger than him. Or a comedic option could be an imperial supply/treasure chest of some kind with a grot head peeking out. Looking forward to seeing more!

I like the trophy rack.

Thanks, ironically I had never done one of these for my CSM, but Badrukk needed a big and shiny boss pole! 

Badrukk looks amazing! Love the boss poles and the frayed cable! The forearm on the gun arm looks a tad plain at the moment, maybe a bracelet or something? For the base how about have him standing on dreadnought arm or something? Like he's taken down something bigger than him. Or a comedic option could be an imperial supply/treasure chest of some kind with a grot head peeking out. Looking forward to seeing more!

Thank you brother, I left the arm plain on purpose as I believe the model already has too much detail, and adding more would be so much excess it might get confused as a Slaanesh model :P! For the base I really didn't have any ideas, so I shamelessly did both things you suggested, a broken dreadnought arm with a gretchin trapped beneath, though I'm not sure if I've gotten the right look, hope it gets better when painted!

So here he is, finished at last and ready for some paint:

m6AmpRp.jpg

And a better angle of the base:

sOJJbdT.jpg

Really happy with how Kaptin Badrukk turned out, though there are some things I would have liked doing better and will try to improve for my next sculpt! Now Ihave to make a genestealer Magus, and another project I'll unveil soon...

The pistol-mounted bayonet is a good and Orky touch.

Yeah, also it appears on the original model and gives the gun some extra size.

Goddamn I wish I could GS like that!! :ohmy.: Well done!!

Thanks a lot, it's just a matter of dedicating enough time to it!

Recently a good friend of mine was gifted 40k's Roboute Guilliman, but the marines he plays are imperial fists and he kind of dislikes ultramarines. Luckily for him, I heard about it and offered to covert him to Rogal Dorn, as it was a model that I've laid my eye on for a while and even though it would have been better to convert it to chaos, IF are definitely better than Ultrasmurfs. So here he is:

wMdrMUB.jpg

He's still in very early stages of converting, but you can already see the new pose I'm going for. Also the sword and hand of dominion will be magnetised so that they can be exchanged for the Chainsword and Bolt Pistol Dorn used in 30k. I must say that the model has a stunning level of detail, shame it will be wasted in the name of the corpse-emperor... :P

Although in the early stages he is already nice reposed. But he needs to have a bare head with a big giant mustache

Thanks! I know he should have a bare head (with a possible moustache), he isn't pictured with a helmet in any artwork, but my friend was very specific about it and said that he wanted it covered, because he doesn't like painting bare heads and it's stupid to remove your helmet in battle... :(

Really liking the repose! the pose looks so much more natural than the original ... look forward to seeing how it comes on. 

Thanks brother! I don't like the original pose much, so I knew I was going to change it since the first moment.

Well, Dorn is finished:

yJWlz16.jpg

It was great to destroy Daddy Smurf and turn him into something... less blue :P.

Lw0X5pD.jpg

Also I magnetised his weapons so that he can still be used with Guilliman's equipment, as my friend wanted to keep the sword of the Emperor but I wanted to have everything represented on him.

UKzpjba.jpg

Rogal Dorn is epic!!! Not totally sold on the possition of the sword, it doesnt quite look natuaral. It might need to come across the body at a slighlty higher angle for a more agressive pose. Or twist the whole arm outwards and have the sword pointing towards the floor for a more passive pose. Exceptional work none the less!!

Yap. Dorn is a really great model. I prefer the chainsword over the flaming sword as it is just more dornish. Too bad your friend didn't want a bare head. Dorn does not need a helmet. He catches enemy bolts with his teeth. I always saw him as warhammerversion of chuck norris. Just aith a mustache^^.

Just saw this guy over on Insta, he looks fantastic. Absolutely stunning conversion. :thumbsup:

Thanks! I like how he looks overall, but it is still too loyalist for me, this are the kind of things that reinforce my devotion to chaos :P. No tentacles and horns mean no fun!

The alternate weapons are well done.

Thanks, though now that I look at him again maybe I should add an eagle's wing to the chainsword grip...

Brilliant work on Dorn! Love the bolter and chainsword! The pose looks much better than the standard one, I hope you friend enjoys! 

Thanks Vairo! I don't like the original pose much, so doing something better didn't seem like a huge challenge ;).

The Ork Pirate Captain looks awesome and its even more so because you sculpted that whole thing. That is an amazing skill!

Then you go and MAKE ROGAL DORN!?! You're a madman!

Hahaha, thanks brother, I might be mad, but I enjoy my madness!

Rogal Dorn is epic!!! Not totally sold on the possition of the sword, it doesnt quite look natuaral. It might need to come across the body at a slighlty higher angle for a more agressive pose. Or twist the whole arm outwards and have the sword pointing towards the floor for a more passive pose. Exceptional work none the less!!

The sword is magnetised so it can be rotated as you like, but I get what you say. I was going for a low strike pose, but didn't capture the moment quite right, I think that it basically is because I didn't want to resculpt the flames of the Emperor's Sword so I didn't give it enough angle so that they didn't look weird. Will note it for the next one though, this kind of pose has proven to be quite tricky to get right, at least for me.

Yap. Dorn is a really great model. I prefer the chainsword over the flaming sword as it is just more dornish. Too bad your friend didn't want a bare head. Dorn does not need a helmet. He catches enemy bolts with his teeth. I always saw him as warhammerversion of chuck norris. Just aith a mustache^^.

Thanks, I like the chainsword more too, but the flaming sword had to be kept for WYSIWYG reasons. And I insisted a lot on the head, as there's no artwork of Dorn with a helmet and didn't know what to do, but it is his model after all, so he got the final word on it...

Nice work fella!

NightHunters is back! Thanks a lot, can't wait to see if you post something new on your thread!

Sorry for not updating guys, my only excuse is laziness.... However I haven't been inactive and did some things this past days:

First I finished the Genestealer Magus:

HDV6vAP.jpg

He isn't the best thing I've done but he's a) a measly Magus, which isn't an spectacular model on himself but rather made to pop out between a horde of neophytes and b) made for my brother, who is surprisingly good at blending colours for being so young and having so little experience and I know he'll do a hell of a job with that tunic...

I also started a new commission, as the guy for whom I painted the Dark Angels the last time was pretty happy and wants more, so I have to paint a bloody lot of loyalists (probably) again:

dM5kqJT.jpg

A seven man Intercessor squad, five from the DI box and two are the ones you get to learn to paint in GW stores.

u04KBQx.jpg

Five hellblasters also from the DI box.

VNgSYKP.jpg

Five reivers with sword and pistols.

up5AAZ8.jpg

Another five reivers but this time with shotguns, and one is missing because the customer assembled him before to see how they looked and forgot to give it to me...

EDqDGBq.jpg

A primaris librarian and a lieutenant and ancient from DI too. I really like how the gunslinger lieutenant conversion came out, even if he can shoot those two weapons at once in the game.

CMiWt6f.jpg

Ulrik the Slayer, which will obviously not be painted as a Dark Angel, even though it would have been fun :P.

X2tWkwD.jpg

And at last, the six new objective markers GW has released! 

It is going to be some work, but the guy is really nice and gave me all the DA bits I needed, and the Reivers box was full of tasty bits that I've of course added to my newly organised bit box! It is going to be fun painting this WHILE I try to get something done for Call of Chaos DURING my last high school year of the IB (Irony)...

A reimagination of ulrik as dsrk angel would have been so boss...

The magus looks good, especially the flowing mantle..i love flowing things^^

About the dsrk angels

..they miss something and after looking at the pics I realized what

: I am so used ti see your conversions and green stuff work on your models, that having the normal models without your "editing" lacks something for me.

A reimagination of ulrik as dsrk angel would have been so boss...

The magus looks good, especially the flowing mantle..i love flowing things^^

About the dsrk angels

..they miss something and after looking at the pics I realized what

: I am so used ti see your conversions and green stuff work on your models, that having the normal models without your "editing" lacks something for me.

Dark Angle Ulrik would have been awesome but... client gets the last say, you know it well ;).

Thanks about the Magus, the mantle isn't perfect, but the point about doing all of this scratch built models is learning and improving with time.

And yeah, I feel that void too, but I don't get paid extra for converting this time, so I kept things pretty standard, as I must admit that what I really want is to be able to start on my CoC vow! Though seeing fully grey models on my desk still felt weird...

Interested in seeing you paint up those vile, traitorous dark angels! :smile.:

The magus is looking good. I would like to recommend you build him a sweet limo like all the classic cults had.

Heheh, if I had only been allowed to turn them into fallen... 

About the limo, that's my brother's problem now, I only gave him a model to get him again into Warhammer (which, by the way, he has already almost finished painting), but will definitely suggest the limo idea :P.

The magus looks cool, I think he'd look better if his head was a tad more bulbous (but that's just personal preference). Definitely looking forward to seeing you paint up all the DA especially Ulrik, cause your last batch looked fantastic!

Hmmm, maybe, but I think maguses still look mostly human to be able to infiltrate the planet's nobility. And glad you like my DA, I still think they're too loyal for me, even taking into account who they are...

Well, I'm a bit behind schedule, but tonight I finished the seven-man Intercessor squads (bar the bases, but I'll do those at the end):

I3lEAVH.jpg

I think that I got them to look like my last batch, which is what my client specifically asked for and, even though they look a little bit plain now, they should pop out more when I get the bases done. I don't know which to do next, hellblasters or reivers?

• 2 weeks later...

Reivers. Have you considered buying a combat squad and turning them into berserkers for yourself?

Did the hellblasters because the client said so, so Reivers are coming last, sorry:sweat: . I HAD considered buying some, but with all the bits I got left from these I don't think I'll need to, I actually don't like their armour pattern that much, just love the helmets, and they would fit my Draugar so well.

The DA are looking awesome! I can't wait to see you paint some of the character models! Looking forward to seeing more, and congrats on winning the conversion challenge!

Thanks brother, a primaris librarian is coming next! ;)

The DA's are looking great thus far ... look forward to seeing the whole lot together 

Thanks! I can't wait to get them finished, but life sucks and it might take a while...

I know I haven't been posting as much as I used to lately, but it turns out that the last year of high school really takes a lot of work to go through (I was hoping it was just a myth :P...), specially in the IB, so I haven't been getting as much hobby time as I would have liked. This means that I might fail my CoC vow, but I think getting good grades is more important right now. However I have a commission to finish, so I made the Intercessor's bases and painted a unit of Helblasters through the week:

BhoIwbl.jpg

L2oMgtw.jpg

Went for a more discrete plasma effect on the Helblasters, and I must say I like them quite a lot. I'll be painting the primaris librarian next, will see how I do for the armour not to look to smurfy...