The Grimdark Harvest: Evil Sunz Meganob

Damn man how have I not seen this thread before you've got some amazing projects going on in here that Knight is absolutely beautiful and these Dark Angels are fantastic as well keep up the awesome work bro

Thanks brother, as I said before this thread isn't that easy to spot :P.

Wow those look fantastic, really liking the green. Seriously impressive how quickly you finished them. Can't wait to see what you do with the death guard!

Thanks, check out my personal thread briefly then ;)...

They look grat, but they could use some more white details like checkers or the legion symbol or some squad markings or whatever primaris marines now got. Other from that I really like them!

Thanks Aasfresser, you're right, they could have done with more freehands, and more sculpting, and more highlights, but I didn't have time! The client seemed to be extremely happy however and has asked me for more when I return from vacation, so that's something at least...

This is indeed the Sword of the Emperor's Champion.

Good. I'm sure you BT players will love to see how this member of the doubtly-loyalist chapter of the Dark Angels wields the sword of your so pure champion. My chaotic heart is enjoying this heresy sooooo much :smile.:.

+++Transmission received+++

+++Priority Omega Status+++

Paging BT subforum.

Crusade initiated.

In the name of Sigismund, CHARGE !

+++Message Ends+++

Oh, and the paint job isn't half bad either.

This is indeed the Sword of the Emperor's Champion.

Good. I'm sure you BT players will love to see how this member of the doubtly-loyalist chapter of the Dark Angels wields the sword of your so pure champion. My chaotic heart is enjoying this heresy sooooo much :).
 +++Transmission received++++++Priority Omega Status+++Paging BT subforum.Crusade initiated. In the name of Sigismund, CHARGE !+++Message Ends+++ Oh, and the paint job isn't half bad either.
Damn templars, I do some little heresy and I get a whole crusade on my face!:P

The paint job is good. I am really becoming a fan of your glow effects. Wanna share your technique? I might use it in the future.

Thanks! The glow effect doesn't have much mystery, I simply use many layers of very diluted paint and move the paint from outwards to inwards. In this case I used crimson, then reddish orange and then pure white. Oh and when I want to focus it on a small zone I add a layer of the colour beneath from inwards to outwards, in this case green. I might do a step by step tutorial next time I do something similar if you want to.

These look great! Nice job all round and to do it all in 3 days :O

The only thing I would say needed adding was some squad markings, the shoulder pads on some look a little plain on some. Bit that's just me being picky. Look forward to seeing what you do with the DG

Thanks brother! If they had been mine and I had had time I would have painted more markings, but the client provided no backgtound for them so I didn't even now their company. If I had got a longer deadline I would have made something up however. And you can already see what I'm doing with the DG at my personal thread, but they're death guard no more ;)!

• 1 month later...

NEW PROJECT INCOMING!

This time it isn't a commission (though there will be a couple of those in the near future) but a present! Two actually. I decided to make a model for both of my brother's birthdays, which is also a great excuse to sculpt different things.

First up for my smaller brother I'll be doing a Kaptin Badrukk sculpt. He's quite young and hasn't got into Warhammer yet, but for the photos I've shown him orks are the faction he likes the most, and Badrukk also allowed me to enter the BCK character conversion challenge, so it was a win-win:

sPIl8mI.jpg

Still in very early WIP stages, but you can already get the pirate feel of the model, now I just have to add enough "40k" to him. Right now I'm tripping to decide if leaving him sleeveless or not, what do you people think?

My other little brother has a Tyranid army, but hasn't done anything Warhammer related for a while now, so I wanted to get him going again. I know he had a bit of colour scheme burnout, as nidos allow little variation, so I decided to do something fairly different but still usable for him (and hopefully a lead to start a new army for 8th ed :P), a Genestealer Cult Magus:

bwvAzUC.jpg

Though also early WIP you can clearly see where this model is going, I mostly copied the GW one except for the pose and a couple of details. Really don't know what to do with the staff though, and sculpting such a small face is going to be challenging at least.

It is so great to do extensive greenstuff work again ;)!

I've come to talk with you again

Because ypir sculpting skills are creeping

You created them while I was sleeping

And the vision that was planted in my brain

Still remains

Within the image.of brilliance

In restless dreams I walked alone

Acompanied by models made not of stone

'Neath the halo of a daylight lamp

I turned my collar to the cold and damp

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a green stuff in my sight

That split the night

And touched the image of brilliance

And in the naked light I saw

2 models, maybe more

An orruk without speaking

A magnus without listening

The Traitor sculpting models from scratch

And I have catched

A glimpse of brilliance

Fools, said I, you do not know

Models don't simply grow

Hear my words that I might teach you

Take my sculpting tools that I might pinch you

But my words, like greenstuff blobs fell

And echoed in the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed

To the miniatures the Traitor made

And the sign flashed out its warning

In the words that it was forming

And the sign said, the models are still work in progress.

Soon to be finished with prowress.

And then they reach utter brilliance.....

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

hey man, are you still willing to sell the knight?

PMd you about it, I certainly plan to finish that Knight, but I have safer and less-time consuming projects right now.

Some great starts, Baddruk has got one ugly mug (in a good way)! I'm liking the cult magus a lot too, the robes look fantastic! Looking forward to seeing more, your siblings are lucky to have an older brother with great sculpting skills!

Thanks Vairo! Spending time hobbying with my brother was great, I want to recover that and plant the seeds for doing it too with my other brother when he grows up a bit ;). 

I've come to talk with you again

Because ypir sculpting skills are creeping

You created them while I was sleeping

And the vision that was planted in my brain

Still remains

Within the image.of brilliance

In restless dreams I walked alone

Acompanied by models made not of stone

'Neath the halo of a daylight lamp

I turned my collar to the cold and damp

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a green stuff in my sight

That split the night

And touched the image of brilliance

And in the naked light I saw

2 models, maybe more

An orruk without speaking

A magnus without listening

The Traitor sculpting models from scratch

And I have catched

A glimpse of brilliance

Fools, said I, you do not know

Models don't simply grow

Hear my words that I might teach you

Take my sculpting tools that I might pinch you

But my words, like greenstuff blobs fell

And echoed in the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed

To the miniatures the Traitor made

And the sign flashed out its warning

In the words that it was forming

And the sign said, the models are still work in progress.

Soon to be finished with prowress.

And then they reach utter brilliance.....

Wow, this is one of the occasions in where I need more than one like button per post! Awesome adaptation, can't believe you did that!!! Only thing is that you actually saw my sculpting skills improve, you followed my content since day one, so they didn't creep while you were sleeping ;). 

So today I focussed on Badrukk, really got absorbed by this conversion:

0RlnQ9s.jpg

Ds2f2pg.jpg

I went for the sleeveless option at the end, though I still haven't worked on the arm muscles much. I started adding detail to some parts, but I still think he's missing something 40k. I hope the boss pole will partly fix that, but I would like to hear more ideas from you guys!

oh wow, that ork pirate freebooter takes me back. Reminds me a lot of the first models I had when I was 8 or 9. Really nice sculpting work too. I'd suggest using a knife/files/sand paper to smooth out the coat a bit, and sharpen things like the spikes on the knees.

oh wow, that ork pirate freebooter takes me back. Reminds me a lot of the first models I had when I was 8 or 9. Really nice sculpting work too. I'd suggest using a knife/files/sand paper to smooth out the coat a bit, and sharpen things like the spikes on the knees.

As far as I know traitor he will do exactly this or uses gs to smooth things out.

Good job on the Ork Freebooter.

Thanks! No mere freebooter though, he's supposed to be Kaptin Badrukk himself when finished!

Wow you've progressed quite a bit! Really liking how he's coming along, my only critique is that the medals hanging from the pirate hat look a bit thick. Looking forward to seeing more!

Thank you Vairo, tried to make thinner medals, but they're quite fragile and keep falling off, so can't make something much better...

Barruk is coming along quite fantastic. Boy ih boy he will be great.

Haha, I didn't have a fitting rhyme or else i would implemented it and rocked da house with a mouse

Thanks brother, quite proud with how he's coming alone! 

You have my respect for doing a full on resculpt of Badrukk. I love that guy. I'm looking forward to see how your's will look when he's finished! 

Thank you Aasfresser, I also have always liked the Kaptin a lot, so when choosing between ork characters it was a pretty straightforward decision.

Badrukk is looking sweet! I love the orky-pirate look.

Also interested in seeing more work on the Cult Magus.

Thanks! I've done a couple of things on the Magus, but nothing too spectacular, want to finish Badrukk first for the BCK challenge.

Yeah, I had to wait for it to dry, already done some sanding on the coat and sharpening on the spikes, and will do more when everything else is ready, I don't know why but I usually leave that kind of things for the end. However I now realise I should have used brownstuff for the spikes, stupid me...

As far as I know traitor he will do exactly this or uses gs to smooth things out.

You know me too well ;).

Thanks for the positive response guys, this is kind of a challenging project and it is very motivating to get so many encouraging replies! Made some more progress on Kaptin Badrukk:

udMdLiC.jpg

Still a lot of details and smoothing/sharpening to be done, but you can see where this guy is going, a mean ork looking for trouble! Also need to do the boss pole, which will inevitably involve some plasticard work and will hopefully bring him closer to the original model. I'm pretty pleased with how the project is going overall but I don't know if I should leave the cable going from the backpack to the gun, any advice guys? 

Fantastico

"Carpe diem, seize the day. Gather ye rosebuds while ye may."

Gracias! You've been learning Spanish and Latin lately as well as poetry? :P

Great sculpting as usual, if you decide to keep the cable I would damage it and show fraying of the cable cause I think it looks a bit too well kept for an ork. Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks, followed your advice and damaged the cable a bit, so that you can see the thinner strings inside, it was a great idea so thanks a lot!

He is looking awesome! That's great that you made that with your own hands a tool. Jealous of that skill, bud!

Also, I say keep the cabling, then add a squig (with a parrots beak crudely attached) chomping on it.

Thanks brother, it is just a matter of practice, and I used an sculpting tool too ;)! The parrot-squig could look good but I don't think I could pull it off, too small for me and don't really know where I would place it.

So, I would say that the model itself is basically finished, with only the boot soles remaining, but I can't do those untill he's glued to the base.

CzrB2ha.jpg

I added some things, most importantly the boss pole, but also sculpted the hand, finished the gun, detailed the cable, a feather in the hat, etc... However now I have to make a base and I'm completely clueless about what to do, I just know I want it to fit in the base he has now, but also to be cool enough to make the model pop a bit more... Any ideas?