Super Glue not sticking to FW minis

I just started building my Assault Squads from FW and I can't get my super glue to form a bond where the legs attach to the torso.

I have washed all of the bits with dish detergent in warm water and scrubbed them with a toothbrush. I've used two different supper glues on them.. one was a bit older thin super glue that according to the bottle is "industrial strength." I'm not sure if that means much but the other bottle of SG I have worked excellently on all my other Resin Minis. 

Any ideas before I shoot FW a message? If all else fails I can just run a pin down the middle joining the two parts together which I planned on doing anyway.. just thought it was super weird I've never had this issue before. 

It will be the mould release agent on the resin, for any resin models, you'll need to wash the pieces in warm soapy water and lightly scrub with an old toothbrush. Then rinse them off with clean water and allow to air dry.

Cheers,

Jono

So, turns out.. it was actually the glue I was using. Earlier I didn't clean off all of the first glue I was using so when I tried to use my standard glue the first glue prevented it from adhering properly. After letting everything dry and then scrapping out the old my standard super glue worked right away. Thanks for the responses guys!

@ sockwithaticket:

That's because the solvent in some varnishes is strong enough to cut through the release agent to bond with the resin and provide some surface "tooth".

Unfortunately, this doesn't always work, doesn't remove or neutralise the release agent, and also crates a relatively weak bond.

If in doubt, scrape a very small amount of resin off the two surfaces to be joined and then re-wash the parts. There is normally no release agent *inside* the resin parts, so scraping ensures that the surfaces are always release agent-free.

If after scraping and washing you still don't get a good bond, it's possible the resin wasn't correctly mixed or cured, and you should contact FW.

Archived