Roboute Guiliman "Regent of Terra"

jeremy1391

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp183/jeremy137chaulsett/Mobile%20Uploads/CB47144E-1F96-46BD-87B4-59608E4A0591_zpsqowtttj4.jpg

So since I don't play Ultra's but wanted to run the Guiliman model I opted to paint him in Gold as used by the Custodes and by Dorn when he was the Emperors Praetorian. I figured that those of extremely high office often wear gold (Solar Macharius)

Please let me know what you think!

As others have already said I was also thinking of painting Guilliman in gold, though I was also planning to paint the Ultimas in Ultramarines blue and leave that color otherwise out of the paint scheme and I'm also thinking about painting the flaming sword blue rather than red as I feel that would work better with the gold.

That said I also echo Steine in thinking that this model is unfinished. The backpack appears entirely silver while the body is entirely gold. I get the feeling you used the retributor armor and leadbealcher sprays and just gave them a wash to finish most of the model, which I approve of, it's a quick and easy way to get a lot done. However I think putting a little time into picking out some details on the backpack like the Iron Halo, the eagle's head and wings would really help break up the dramatic break in colors between the two pieces of the model. Similarly going in and picking out the soft-joint armor and servos of Guilliman's armor in silver would also break up the gold and tie in the backpack colors with the main body of the model.

Lastly add a few black lines to the purity seals to make it look like they have writing on them as the blank paper just looks odd IMO. All together it wouldn't take long to add detail to the backpack and body and purity seals but I think it would improve the overall look of the model significantly.

Archived