Almagor's Dark Angels

Almagor

• 2 weeks later...

GW's "Chaplain in terminator armour" is one of my favorite models and IMHO one of their best. Unfortunately, it's too generic.

Nothing about it says: Dark Angels, Deathwing, Interrogator... and painting a single shoulderpad green is just not enough for me...

So, it's conversion time again: This Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain in terminator armour is made from bits form the following kits:

Deathwing Command Squad (legs, torso, cloak, crozius shaft)

Ravenwing Command Squad (crozius power generator)

Dark Angels Veteran Squad (arms, bolter, crozius head)

Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain (head and chimney)

Dark Angels Terminator Shoulder pads (FW)

20170513 155601 HDR

20170513 155655 HDR

20170513 155720 HDR

20170513 155740 HDR

The unfortunate body of the Chaplain you decapitated.

Lol! Yes of course:biggrin.:.

So far this model was a "bits donor" for 2 (soon 3) conversions, but i have great plans for him!

I intend to make him an interrogator-chaplain with jump pack.

Just need a replacement head, maybe i'll do a greenstuf sculpt like i did with the biker interrogator-chaplain or try to do a blue-stuff recast of another similar head.

And here is another HQ for my Deathwing forces, this time it's a rather generic librarian in terminator armour with slight modifications to give him a distinct Deathwing vibe: FW Deathwing shoulderpad, a dagger and a force axe made from a spare Halberd of Caliban (I thought it is unfair that Blood Angels have a monopoly on force axe wielding librarians).

20170526 130604 HDR

20170526 130622 HDR

20170526 130630 HDR

First vehicle for my Dark Angels Armorium: The Predator!

I realy didn't like the look of the "vanilla predator", it's really just a rhino with a turret and sponsons... But with the addition of extra armour and a dozer blade it really looks more like a tank. In retrospect, one other thing I could have done is replace the standard front glacis plate with one from a baal predator. Oh well, next time...

Another personal touch is the techmarine aprentice crewman in the turret hatch. Not yet a full techmarine worthy of a red artificer power armour, just an aspirant attached to the armorium and sporting a red cog mechanicus shouldepad. The pose is made to make it look like he peeks out of the hatch to see what was it that he just ran over. (not that he cares about what he has ran over, he worries about the tank).

16935913 10155060023089904 1671541015 O

20170225 223257 HDR

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. As others said, fantastic job. I want to do count-as for my Consecrators and I was absolutely unsure how to proceed; now I think I will follow your example - rebuilding the characters that they immediately resonate as their original models. The Ezekiel idea is stellar!

Fantastic job Brother A. I'm planning a Techmarine on a bike, mind letting on what parts you used for the servo harness etc?

Thank you!

I used an Exo-Lord Mechanical Arm Conversion Set from anvil industry.

http://anvilindustry.co.uk/Exo-Lords/Exo-Lord-Bionics/Mech-Arm

The power axe/monkey wrench is also from that set.

Wow. As others said, fantastic job. I want to do count-as for my Consecrators and I was absolutely unsure how to proceed; now I think I will follow your example - rebuilding the characters that they immediately resonate as their original models. The Ezekiel idea is stellar!

Thanks! Go for it! The Dark Vengeance models are a wonderful base for conversions.

Can you name the trukk with Mars pattern drive,

Smells like an ork and seats thirty-five…

Land Raider! Land Raider!

12 yards long, 2 lanes wide,

72 tons of Imperial Pride!

She blinds everybody with her super high beams,

She's a bug squashing, ork smacking, killin’ machine!

20170705 222508 HDR

20170705 222536 HDR

20170705 222554 HDR

20170705 222616 HDR

20170705 222631 HDR

20170705 222640 HDR