Alternate 40k Guilliman colour pattern?

Kastor Krieg

Since I'm a Templar, everything looks better in black. I'm thinking about doing Guilliman in black, with warm silver trim and blue only on left shoulder pad and right kneepad (where the Ultimas are). This should better show him as the Avenging Son and his mourning of the current state of the Imperium and his Father's vision.

Thoughts?

I think i am misreading you Kastor.

I was pretty sure you wrote as a Templar i wont buy Guilliman but i keep reading about painting him black ;)

Just poking fun, do share your paint work ;) and try to fit some proper Maltese Crosses in there.

This one won't be for myself, so this one will most likely end up "proper" UM colors, but I'm on the verge of buying one for myself and recoloring or even Dornyfying him up, conversion and stripping the UM emblems.

Black is the color of the Emperor. Chaplains wear black. Templars wear black, for they are His symbol.

Roboute wields the Emperor's blade - if any is worthy of wearing black, it is him.

I was going to say just that!

• 2 weeks later...

Guilliman looks good in black and white.

Something like this?

http://i.imgur.com/WYkstHi.gif

What's black, white, and red all over? Guilliman after charging a unit of Chaos Terminators. teehee.gif

Well, for one thing:

http://i.imgur.com/qSR3nvD.jpg

The Emperor with members of the Legio Custodes and the Silent Sisterhood.

There are also various stories which make it clear that the Emperor's size is variable depending upon what he wants the viewer to see. This is especially clear in the short story "The Last Church", and in a flashback in Deliverance Lost where Corax meets the Emperor for the first time, and can see a normal-looking man walking on the ground at the same time as he sees an enormous, glorious being floating towards him and his followers.

Another passage earlier in Deliverance Lost, but set later in the present of the Horus Heresy, has Corax question whether what he's seeing at that moment is the Emperor's true face, to which his father replies he has "no such thing".

Basically, changing size either in reality or in the viewer's perceptions seems to be an ability that the Emperor and Magnus the Red share.

That's Primarch sized. And the way he looks is in the eye of the beholder. Sisters of Silence saw him as a mere man with a grimace of pain on his face, sitting on the Throne ("Master of Mankind").

Archived