My original Brother-Captain

Gentlemanloser

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/53249-brother-captainjpg/

I'm not a good painter, definitely not as good as I was just starting the hobby as a kid.  This was my original Brother-Captain for my forces (if you note, the top of the Halberd is on the wrong way.  It broke off and was pinned/glued back on incorrectly.  But I like it, it gives character.. :) ).

This was before GW washes, when they still had the old inks.

Not quite got the blue-silver feel I was after, but it's still a favourite of mine.

When I bust out the paints next, it will be to attempt a squad of Ghost Knights.  I still love that fluff, and love Mordrak.  Even though they no longer exist, I will use a squad of Ghostly Terminator bodyguards the next time I play.

(Which sadly keeps getting put back...  There's a small group I have now in my local area, and getting the guys to try 7th for the first time is a frustratingly slow process.  One new player messaged me that he's put his idea of picking up some SW on hold after reading a rumour about Marines 2.0.  He's thinking of just waiting for 8th before playing now.  And most have the same sentiment.  Which Is why I hope 8th is a solid robust ruleset and brings people back into the game.)

Anyway I digress.  Just wanted to share what is most likely the best painted mini I own.  And I'm very envious of the great painting I've seen on this forum! Some truly lovely models!

Hopefully I can get some Ghost Knights done to a reasonable standard without too much effort or skill required!  There will be no object source lighting or non metallic metals from me, but a basecoat of white with some blue washes (I prefer the blue to green for Ghost Knights) is something I hope to bring the best out of.

I can't get the picture to load for some reason.

Mordrak and his ghost knights were a lot fun.  I thought that's what Voldus was  going to  be when the first rumors  appeared. I  still have my kitbashed Mordrak carrying a dreadknight hammer and his ghost knights.

Ah yes the days of washing where it just meant adding more water to paints.

That's still how I did my GK force swords. ;)

Looks good, what's on his wrist? Im not familiar with the model.

Yeh fair enough if they're just getting back into it. They probably want to see how the dust settles first. SMs aren't going anywhere and I imagine the new V2.0 marines will be hyper elite like custodes and GKs.

Why not get their feet wet by lending them one of your armies to play against?

SMs aren't going anywhere and I imagine the new V2.0 marines will be hyper elite like custodes and GKs.

I've seen this sentiment a fair bit across reddit and B&C, and I'm curious about why people think this will be the case. I assumed they would be new models for regular old marines, and that the current models would just disappear over time.

The left arm duz_?

That's the original Psycannon. (Well not original original. I still have an old pewter inquisitor in tda with the original pistol shaped psycannon somewhere! )

I still much prefer it to the new plastic version.

GW used to sell packs of 5 arms. Miss those days.

Archived