Could Sanguinius come back?

Sun Reaver

So if Sanguinius returns and 'oh lawdy the Death Company are cured' then you would end up another codex chapter and get rolled into the Ultramarines and friends dex, would you guys be ok with that?

As for the point earlier regarding another person returning on our world, he would most probably end up in an asylum after making such claims that he is the Son of God reborn.

We also have no psyker and don't constantly fight aliens and daemonic stuff. :rolleyes:

Obviously you have never visited Norfolk then :lol:

There are several ways I could see GW bringing him back. I honestly would like to see all the primarchs, including the dead ones, come back to fight it out again. The 40k galaxy is a far more dangerous place for both Imperium and Chaos than it was in 30k.

• 1 month later...

There was a lot of talk over on Dakka about Sanguinius being alive and coming back for 8th edition. There were rumors by Lady Atia that the fight with the Emperor is being retconned.

Also, there was this bit written by Sanguinus in the new Dante novel (minor spoilers):

The hunger came for my father. The puppets of the Dark Gods clashed with the hunger for the pleasure of killing him. There was a warrior in gold before the throne, surrounded by my father's Custodians and other heroes who, mighty through they were, paled next to the lords of our days. There they fought, and there they died. The vision ended as the devourer of flesh and the devourers of souls closed in on my lord and creator. There was despair only, despair and more despair. But before I woke something more. I sensed stirring in the warp, and the touch of my father, His mind made anew, and the knowledge that all might be well. As I am fated to, so did this golden warrior lay down his life to protect my father. The precious seconds he bought with his blood could change everything, or they could change nothing... I do not know who this golden warrior was. He appeared similar to my Herald, and saw my own face depicted upon his mask, but he was not me, and he wore a form off armour I do not know...' 

Is it possible the Sanguinor is Sanguinius or his spirit. It was always somehow implied. You cool with this change if it is true and Sanguinius leading the charge in the Dark Imperium or do you prefer how it was? Personally, I think a Bobby G. sized Sanguinius model would be amazing. Thoughts?

Oh come one now. We have a topic about that in the N&R subforum, one here (page 4) and it got talked about it a good bit in the 8th edition subforum already. We really don't need another thread.

Could a mod please close this?

If Sanguinius is really coming back and he is the sole Primarch in the Dark Imperium, what would that mean for the story?

Are they setting up a civil war in the Imperium, or just a split resembling the WRE & ERE of old?

Oh come one now. We have a topic about that in the N&R subforum, one here (page 4) and it got talked about it a good bit in the 8th edition subforum already. We really don't need another thread.

First off, it doesn't matter one jot if there's a thread in the NR&A. Anything posted here is for us to talk about relevant BA stuff without having to wade through the chaff posted by the entire board. Secondly:

No, seriously. Not everyone is reading forums and not everyone who is reads everything...especially not old threads that aren't particularly active anymore, no matter whether they are pinned or not.

Perhaps lay off folk who don't meet your criteria for posting especially when you miss things too.

Next time, just report it. It's not a Frater's job to pull up other members and posts like these aren't going to get you any friends.

If we have a civil war it would justify loyalist vs loyalist, that we see all over the tables.

Otherwise, I'm not real keen on the civil war talk. It's interesting speculation though.

I have my thoughts on the Angel's return, which I've voiced in other threads, if you're curious about them I can paraphrase. I think we are long ways off from Sanguinius however as the rumor mill page is either the lion, or Aelves.

There was a lot of talk over on Dakka about Sanguinius being alive and coming back for 8th edition. There were rumors by Lady Atia that the fight with the Emperor is being retconned.

Also, there was this bit written by Sanguinus in the new Dante novel (minor spoilers):

stuff

Is it possible the Sanguinor is Sanguinius or his spirit. It was always somehow implied. You cool with this change if it is true and Sanguinius leading the charge in the Dark Imperium or do you prefer how it was? Personally, I think a Bobby G. sized Sanguinius model would be amazing. Thoughts?

I can see why Dante believes it is him based on this fluff (having read this just now for the first time). The sangunior pretty much is assumed to be wearing the traditional herald outfit so I think Sman would recognize that. Different armor would point to Dante since his mark of armor would be different than Sangy has seen. That and Dante would have known about Sanguinor's existence at this time so he likely ruled out that as the possible source.

First off, it doesn't matter one jot if there's a thread in the NR&A. Anything posted here is for us to talk about relevant BA stuff without having to wade through the chaff posted by the entire board. Secondly:

No, seriously. Not everyone is reading forums and not everyone who is reads everything...especially not old threads that aren't particularly active anymore, no matter whether they are pinned or not.

Perhaps lay off folk who don't meet your criteria for posting especially when you miss things too.

Next time, just report it. It's not a Frater's job to pull up other members and posts like these aren't going to get you any friends.

Dude, it wasn't meant in any negative way. However it's common courtesy in most forums to use the search function before opening a thread first.

stuff

I can see why Dante believes it is him based on this fluff (having read this just now for the first time). The sangunior pretty much is assumed to be wearing the traditional herald outfit so I think Sman would recognize that. Different armor would point to Dante since his mark of armor would be different than Sangy has seen. That and Dante would have known about Sanguinor's existence at this time so he likely ruled out that as the possible source.

Plus they are both wearing a mask of Sanguinius (in the book, Dante basically compared them to each other), where one is of anger and death (Dante's), and the other is of grace (the Sanguinor).

I don't think th Sanguinor can die, which rules him out.

I've expressed elsewhere that I don't want them to touch this in any way shape or form.

His sacrifice is a fluff cornerstone and I don't care if someone on the GW writing team thinks they can add some extra details to it, half the point of 40k fluff used to be all the stuff you didn't know and could only speculate on.

Sanguinius in 8th would really shake my interest in the setting. The presence of any Primarchs leaves a sour taste since my take on marines is that they gain a lot from being orphaned or abandoned by their Fathers having to operate in the shadow of their memory as best they can. However, some of them aren't confirmed as dead, so it makes sense that they can come back. Sanguinius is dead. He needs to stay that way.

As a non BA player, if you allow me I will share my opinion.

No. Please no. No,no,no,no.NO!

And to take this out of the way, I don't mind Dorn being dead, I just don't like the ambiguity we have now about his death.

Have the Sanguinor juiced up, he's an epic char, tie him in with the psyche of Sanguinius.

Mephiston is almost on Primarch stats, another great contender.

If Sanguinius comes back I will hound GW day and night for Sigismund then.

Because why not? He had faith in the Emperor.

He could be brought back. Or is in stasis somewhere between life and death. Or whatever excuse it can be pulled out of that dark place where the sun does not shine.

It's not a question of can we do it. It's a question of should we?

What I like about the setting it was the hopeless fight the Imperium had, but they would not go quietly into the night! The Angels of Death mankind's finest barely holding extinction at bay against the mutant the Xeno and the Heretic.

The time of legends had passed.

It was just pure human hatred pushing holding humanity in place.

Now it's a time of gods and demigods. Now instead of of having 100 Grey Knights Vs Angron defeating him with great sacrifice, Guilliman will solo him or whatevs, so Awesome, buy him.

(Check Khabanda and Magnus fight. GS3 was a slap in the face of Templar lore)

If Sanguinius comes back a cornerstone of the Warhammer 40k lore will be lost, and the epic struggle of the Blood Angels and sucessors will be diminished in my humble opinion.

If Sanguinius is indeed coming back, they'd better have a really good story to tell. 

I'm expecting a lot of drama, blood and frustration. 

And after he is back, I would want to see his reactions on what his beloved children have become, and what's the outcome of his sacrifice.

I belive it's very much possible to write a good story of his return. But I doubt the current GW staff could pull it off. They are as bad at storytelling as ArenaNet for GuildWars2 and that really ruins a lot of potentially awesome stories.

I'd argue there's no story they can tell that would legitimise bringing him back. Especially not with the current writing staff (or guidelines they're being instructed to write to).

Completely disagree. If they can make an Ork death star(s) be really :cuss: cool they can write this well.

I am on book 5 of the beast arises and nothing has disappointed so far.

I feel like if you don't have faith in the writers then why even participate in the universe? Yes we've seen heterosexual & homosexual tendencies between space marines (when they are asexual) yes we've seen bonkers things happen like entire chapters being wiped out or over exaggerated numbers of deaths. Entire continent size populations blinked out in the span of five pages, but to say you don't have faith in the writers is just silly.

While we so have those types of eye rolling events, really amazing stuff also happens. Especially the shocking-cliff hanger end of The Last Wall.

The time line is 40 years old. We have had retcons before. Half Eldar Half Space Marine characters, Roboute being dead, to stasis, to new Lord commander with mega marines. Ultra marinea doing nothing during The Seige to underground war on calth. They've changed the battle of Terra and tweaked it.

It won't take anything away from Sanguinius' sacrifice, and the over reaction to rumors, speculation, and here-say leaves one shaking his head.

Is it fun to talk about, yes. But to throw out how literature and how story telling actually works is not.

Archived